The Necklace

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

"What was so urgent that you called me over here even before I could eat lunch?" Xero asks with annoyance towards me. I just smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, Xero." I apologize. "Your boyfriend attacked me though."

"What? Why in the world would he do that, B-Joo?"

"He's jealous of me..."

"What?"

"It's true... That's what he told me... That he was jealous of me getting all of your attention."

"But, you don't!" Xero insists. "I do give him attention too!"

"You know what I mean, Xero... You even tried to give me CPR before my guardian angel stopped you and said you would make Jenissi hyung jealous!"

"That..." Xero started, but he couldn't deny it. It was true. "Damn it... He must really be angry at me right now..."

"Maybe..."

"I'll go talk to him right now..." He was going to leave but I pull him back. "What are you doing?"

"Just give him some time, okay? He probably doesn't want to talk to you right now..."

"Alright..." He agrees, looking down sadly.

"Come on, lets watch a movie or something, okay?"

"Sure..."

"I'll just go change into something more comfortable and less beaten up."

"Sorry..." Xero apologized for Jenissi. I shake my head at him.

"I would have done the same thing if my lover was spending time with one of our good friends more than me, so don't worry about it." I wave it off, heading upstairs to change. It took me a little long though since my body was sore from the beat up. Xero had noticed too because he came into my room as I was bringing a fresh shirt over my head.

"B-Joo..." He started, staring at me. I feel my cheeks getting warm as the blood rushes up to them, making me blush. It would be no big deal normally, but he was staring. He came closer to me and I realized that he wasn't staring at my body. He was staring at the necklace that hung around my neck. Taking the ornament that dangled from the chain into his hand, he looked into my eyes questioningly. "You still have this?"

"Yeah..." I nod, feeling slight tears coming to my eyes. "This is the only thing I have left... It's the only connection I still have to Hansol..." Xero looked at me sadly.

"You really miss him, don't you?"

"Of course I do." I answer quickly. "If I had just one more chance to see him... I would apologize for everything! For doubting him about Krystal. For saying he was a bad friend when I was the bad friend all this time... For treating him so poorly..." I stopped, the tears coming out so fast that I couldn't speak. Xero pulled me into a hug, my back to comfort me. "I would do anything, Xero..." I cry into his shoulder. "I would do anything to make it up to him for everything if I could see him one more time!"

"I know..." Xero nods. "And, I bet he heard all of that. I bet he's smiling right now, just waiting to see you again too. But please... Try to let go of him... You know that he would want that too. He would want you to be happy again."

"I'll try..." I promise. "But, I don't think I can do it... Not unless someone replaces Hansol in my heart..." Xero nods understandly, letting me cry for a little longer on his shoulder before pulling away from me.

"Meet me downstairs for the movie after you're done, okay?" I nod and he exits the room again. He's right... Hansol would want me to be happy... He would hate knowing that I'm this upset. I put the shirt on and go downstairs to watch the movie with Xero.


A/N: Just had to make one chapter about B-Joo and what he's still feeling. That's right, he hasn't forgotten about Hansol or even thrown away the necklace because of how much he loves him! Isn't that so sweet? Anyway, I hope you guys aren't losing interest yet because the is near~ VERY near!