Explanation

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Hansol's POV

I waited for Jenissi to come back so that I could explain what happened. I had to trust that he wouldn't tell the others that the guardian angel was me. Now that he knew, there was no going back. Well, unless I had a time machine or something like that. Bad sadly, I did not. So, when Jenissi got back, he sat down beside me and looked at me expectantly. "What do you wanna know, hyung?" I question, not knowing where to start.

"Start at the beginning." Jenissi told me as if reading my mind. "Where did you go? I mean, we all thought you were somewhere in America."

"That was a lie..." I tell him. "I assumed one of you would coming looking for me after the whole incident with Krystal, so I asked my parents to lie for me and tell you guys that I went to America with Hyunae."

"Which is yourself..."

"Yeah... You have no idea how grateful I was that you guys weren't with B-Joo at the time..."

"What about your room? B-Joo said it was empty..."

"Moved the clothes and personal items into the basement." I explain. "Except the photo album... I needed space from B-Joo, so I left that... He found it and since my room's air ducts are connected right into the basement, I heard him crying... And that's how I knew that he had believed my mom about me going to America."

"What about always staying one step ahead of us?"

"One step ahead of you?" I laugh. "I was always a step behind since I sent the texts just as you guys did something stupid..."

"So... You followed us."

"Bingo." I nod. "I watched B-Joo to make sure he was okay. I even followed you guys to the mall and whatnot. That's how I was able to text him about the job and the horse."

"What abiut her friends?"

"By her, I'm assuming you mean B-Joo's boss, Jessica?" I ask. Jenissi nods. "What about her friends?"

"How did you know they were out to get us... The first text you sent B-Joo seemed like you knew them already."

"Ah..." I nod. "When B-Joo was dating Krystal, I did some research on her. I found out that she had a older sister. So, I found her older sister out and followed her for a day. That's how I found her friends."

"I see..." Jenissi nods before snickering.

"What?" I blink at him with confusion.

"It's funny how much you care for B-Joo even if he hurt you so badly."

"Well..." I start, looking away from Jenissi sadly. "I know him well enough to know that he would do something stupid, and that's why I asked Xero to look out for him, since he's a pretty close resemblance to me. I wanted him to replace me in B-Joo's life."

"You really didn't want anything to do with him?"

"I helped you guys all this time, didn't I?" I asked, now exactly answering the question, but giving him a general idea of what I wanted.

"And... What about faking your own death?"

"Edited a real news brodcast... Some poor kid did actually die in America. I just took that and edited his name. I also edited his face so he would look like me before I sent it to you guys."

"Why though?" Jenissi asks. I was quiet. I didn't want to answer that. I also thought that he would understand why, but he didn't. Lucky for me, he saw that I didn't want to talk about it and left it alone.

"Is that everything you wanted to know?"

"Other than why you call yourself our guardian angel, yes." Jenissi answers.

"Duh, because a guardian angel is supposed to protect you from anything, right?" I ask, making him nod in agreement. "And that's what I did... Though, not as thoroughly as a real guardian angel would, I did to my best to keep you guys out of harm's way."

"True... And, since I'm the only one who knows that it's you, let me thank you." Jenissi smiles. "Thank you for all the times you've helped us."

"Don't worry about it. Of course I would help my friends no matter what." I smile back.


A/N: And that's it! That's the explanation! There's still more coming, don't think this is the end just because they know it's Hansol.