Teaming Up

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

"You're kidding, right?" I shake my head. He shrugs and proceeds to punch me. But, I grab on to his hand and flip him, making him fall on his back, hard.

"Don't turn on your friends like this..." I say as he gets up and tries to attack me again. I defend myself though and push him back. "You'll need your friends eventually... I don't want you to end up like me... Being alone is no fun."

"You have the girls!"

"Do you think I'm not loney though?" I let him go and pick B-Joo up.

"Is that why you care for us so much? Because you see us as your friends even without knowing us?"

"That's none of your business..." I retort back to him, carrying B-Joo out of the house. "Just stick with your friends, okay?"

"After B-Joo tells them though, how can I face them?" I sigh and turn to him.

"Alright... You can join me then.

"What?" He asks. I walk back to him and give him a sad look with my eyes, since he can't see the rest of my face because of the mask.

"I was in the same position as you... That's why I left my friends and started working alone... Join me and we can protect these guys together."

"I want to, but I don't know who you are..." I smile, which is another thing he can see because of the mouth socket that the mask has.

"I'll tell you, but please... Don't tell them, okay?"

"Promise." He nods. I take off the mask and he gasps when seeing my face for the first time. "No way..." He mutters, backing away from me. I give him a sad look and put the mask back on to my face.

"I thought you would be happy..."

"I am." He insists. "But, I thought..."

"I know..." I stop him, looking away from his eyes.

"Alright... Now I can join you." I smile, taking the mask off again and handing him a similar mask, but it was black.

"Take that so they won't see your face. It will help you to protect your identity and spare you from seeing them directly."

"Thanks, now please explain everything!"

"I will..." I assure. "But first... Bring him home, okay?" He nods, pulling B-Joo over one of his shoulders and leaving. I hope something like this won't affect Xero and also come in between the group's friendship... I thought, sitting down on the sofa to wait for Jenissi to return.

B-Joo's POV

I woke up with a start and felt that my abdomen was sore like crazy before falling back down. I was in my room. How, I don't know. Wasn't I just at Jenissi's house? And then I remembered what happened. Jenissi attacking me and my guardian angel stopping him. A little late, but he did come. Then, something else came to mind. Before I passed out, his eyes seemed like he didn't want to hurt Jenissi. He seemed like he just wanted to protect me. Could he be looking out for all of us? I wonder. Getting out of my bed, I call Xero over to tell him what happened.


A/N: Jenissi saw his face and is now teaming up with him! Who do you guys think it is? Even if Jenissi knows, it doesn't mean I'm giving it away to you guys just yet... But, I did give you guys a few hints here and there in the last few chapters, including this chapter!