Christmas Comfort

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

Christmas Eve

Christmas eve came around quickly and everyone around me was excited. Not me though, I had a broken ankle and a best friend who didn't talk to me since we came back from the hospital. There was nothing to be happy about for me. "I really can't wait for tomorrow." I hear B-Joo say to his parents. What's tomorrow? I wonder. Other than the obvious, of course.

"Yes, it will be nice to get away from town." His mom says and I can picture the smile upon her lips. That's right... B-Joo's family always goes out on Christmas day but is back for the New Year! I remember their family tradition. Guess I'm going to be alone this year... My parents were going out of the town to a business party and I didn't want to go, so they're leaving me home. And no way was I going to go spend Christmas with the guys since it was still really strange to be back with them again. That and just like B-Joo, some of them didn't understand or forgive my decision for leaving them.

Night

When night came around, my family and B-Joo's family had dinner together happily. Well, they were happy. Me and B-Joo were just awkward with each other. "You two haven't talked since you brought Hansol back from the hospital, Byungjoo..." B-Joo's mom commented.

"I have nothing to say to him..." B-Joo answered simply, taking a forkful of food into his mouth. That just hurt. It hurt a lot.

"Well, thanks..." I mutter under my breath, finishing up my meal quickly.

B-Joo's POV

"Well, thanks..." I hear Hansol mutter under his breath. I wasn't supposed to hear it, but I did. I still had two questions to ask him. How he disguised his voice and where he went for school. But, I figured that he used some kind of technology to disguise his voice and just got home-schooled. So other than that, I really had nothing to say to him.

After dinner, I was finishing up my packing when I heard my parents talking. "That poor boy... Being by himself on Christmas..." What boy? I wonder to myself, getting interested in the topic and deciding to eavesdrop on them.

"His parents say he'll be alright, don't worry about it, dear..." My dad says.

"Still... He shouldn't be alone... He should be with family, or at least friends!"

"Hansol is strong..." Hansol? I thought, not listening to the rest of what my dad was saying. The only thing going through my mind right now was the fact that Hansol was going to be alone for Christmas. How come he didn't say anything to any of us? I wondered, feeling bad for him. I can't go on this trip... Not anymore...

Christmas Morning, Hansol's POV

I woke up and found only B-Joo's family still here. My parents had left after I had gone to sleep apparently. So, I had breakfast by myself as I waited for B-Joo and his family to wake up. When they did, they had breakfast before going to the door. "Take care of yourself, Hansol, okay?" B-Joo's mother told me.

"Of course, Mrs. Kim." I smile sweetly at her.

"And don't forget to lock all the doors and windows. Even if it's Christmas, there are a lot of bad people out there." B-Joo's dad told me. I nod at him in agreement.

"I know, Mr. Kim, don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I assure him.

"You're like family to us, so of course we care for you, sweetie." B-Joo's mom smiled at me before taking her luggage to the car and putting it into the trunk. Then she did the same with the other luggage. "Merry Christmas, Hansol."

"Merry Christmas to all of you too." I smile, heading up to my room.

B-Joo's POV

As Hansol heads up to his room, my mom gets my luggage out of the car and looks at me. "Are you sure you want to stay?"

"Yes, mom." I nod. "No one should be alone on Christmas... No one."

"Alright then." She smiles at me. "Merry Christmas then. We'll be back before the New Year."

"I know." I nod. "Merry Christmas, mom. Merry Christmas, dad." Once they had left, I started on Christmas lunch and dinner for Hansol. When he came down for lunch, he was surprised to see me there.

"You didn't go?"

"No." I shake my head. "How could I leave my best friend alone on Christmas?"

"Best friend? You haven't talked to me since the hospital!"

"I know, I'm sorry..." I apologize. "But still... You shouldn't be alone on Christmas. No one should!" I hand him a plate of food. "Lets just start over as soon as the New Year starts, okay? I don't want to fight with you anymore!"

"Me neither..." Hansol agrees. We eat our food together and he answers my last two questions about when he was hiding his identity. And, I'm pretty sure we made up somewhere in there too. Christmas really was miraculous. It brought me and Hansol back together after what seemed like forever.

"Hansol." I called out to him. He looks at me questioningly and I show him the necklace that I had around my neck, making him gasp.

"You do have it!" He was shocked that I still had it.

"Yes..." I nod. "I never got rid of it... Not even when I thought you were dead. I couldn't get rid of it... It means too much to me... Just like you do..."

"B-Joo..."

"I'm sorry... About everything!" I hug him tightly, afraid to let him go. I feel his arms wrap around me as he buries his head into my shoulder. "I promise, no one is ever going to come between us again."

"Good." I could literally feel him smiling now.


A/N: Merry Christmas, guys~ I hope you liked it! Still not over yet though.