Depression

In the Shadows {Sequel to The Innocent Girl}

B-Joo's POV

It's been a month. A month since I had found out what kind of a person Krystal really was. And a month since I had lost my best friend, Hansol. He was trying to protect me from the start, but I took him for granted and now I'm paying for that mistake. He left Korea with his cousin without telling anyone except his parents. And it was my fault. I drove him to make that decision. I wish I knew where in America he was... I thought, wanting nothing more than to go after him and beg for his forgiveness. I would even do it on my knees if he wanted me to. That's how desperate I am to have him back.

My alarm clock rang loudly into my ears, telling me that it was time to get up for school. Groaning with annoyance, I hit the snooze button. I didn't want to go to school. I didn't even want to get out of bed. For the past month I didn't want to get out of bed to face the day. "B-Joo, are you up?" I hear Xero call to me. And a second later, I hear the door being opened. "B-Joo, get up." He tells me when he sees that I'm still under the covers.

"No! Go away, Xero." I mumble lifelessly. I feel the bed dip as he sits down and starts to my arm. Since Hansol left, Xero's been trying his best to be a second Hansol for me. But obviously it was no use, no one could replace Hansol. Not even Xero, who looked and acted a lot like Hansol. The other guys were also trying their best to make me happy again and I appreciated their effort. But it was honestly no use. The only one I wanted to see was Hansol. I wanted to hold him in my arms and apologize to him as if I was a broken tape.

"B-Joo, please? You need to go to school." Xero reasoned with me.

"Missing one day won't hurt, Xero..." I reply, peeking my head out from under the covers and watching as he bit his lip hesitantly. Hansol had given Xero the responsibility for me. That's why he had the note. It made sense though. Hansol, Xero, and I were the closest amongst the others and if anyone could be a good Hansol replacement, it would be Xero. So now, he was debating whether to stay with me or to go to school. "You can go to school, Xero. I'll stay home."

"You know I can't... If Hansol found out, he would be disappointed in me and I don't want him to be back here with disappointment."

"He'll be disappointed anyway, remember?" I ask. "Because of me..."

"He'll have forgotten it by that time."

"No, he wouldn't have... How can someone forget that level of betrayal?"

"Forgive and forget?" I crack a small smile at Xero's answer. He was right, people forgive and forget all the time. But, I don't know about this time. I don't know whether Hansol will or not.

"Go to school."

"Are you sure you're going to be fine?"

"Xero, you've been here for me for a whole month. So have the others. And I appreciate it, especially after how I've treated you guys when I was with Krystal. But, you guys need time for yourselves too and so do I. Please go."

"Wow, look who grew up." Xero teased me, hoping it would get another smile out of me. It did.

"Says the guy who put duct tape on the border of my room and the hall, making me fall face first into the hard wooden floor!" Xero burst out laughing hard at the memory of that. It was a little while before Hansol had left. Him, A-Tom, and Hojoon had pranked me. "Besides, you're a month younger than me!"

"Okay, okay, you win." Xero stopped laughing and smiled at me. "I'll go." With that, he hugged me which I returned. "Take care of yourself though, okay?" I nod and he stands before leaving my room.

I sighed sadly as he left. He was no Hansol, but he did help to make me feel better some of the time. I decided to get up and head downstairs. My parents were already at work, but it was a habit for them to leave the door unlocked for Xero since they knew he was helping me out with this rough time. I made sure that Xero had locked the door behind him before heading to the kitchen and getting the frozen yogurt. After getting a spoon to eat it, I plopped myself down on the couch, looking for sad movies to watch. My misery could really use some company right now.

Anonymous POV

I held up the binoculars to my eyes and watched B-Joo through them. Xero had left and he was alone, eating what I assumed was frozen yogurt and watching a sad movie. You're really pathetic right now, B-Joo... I thought to myself, disappearing into the shadows of the trees and bushes.


A/N: Chapter one is done~ Do any of you want to guess if the anonymous person is someone they should trust or not? Or maybe even better? Maybe it's Hansol! Who knows? Comment please~