CHAPTER 29

I'M For Auction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Week One, Day One

 

After the week of announcement with Hyuna, we were quickly instructed to be given orientation about what is to happen on that particular day, including rehearsals, schedules of practice and so many things that I don’t really care about.

But then again, not caring about our performance would put my reputation onto whole new level of embarrassment and so here I am in the practice room waiting for my partner to come

“Hey” I looked up and was greeted by a smiling Tiffany, I stood up and gave her a hug, “Hey”

We sat and rested our backs on the wall, watching the busy people talk, “So… When are you going to start practicing?”

“When Baekhyun comes” Tiffany snorted, “Oh, I didn’t know you’re not using any honorifics to him anymore”

I frowned a little at that, “Tiffany, the kid is younger than me and we agreed not to use anymore since it’s sort of awkward”

She sighed, “Fine, I give, I’m sorry” She continued to smile, “That’s my girl”

She beamed widely and if possible, her smile could’ve stretched to her ears, which made her look more adorable than ever. I was about to say how beautiful she looked today but I was cut off by—

“Sorry, sorry I’m late! I had to finish something” I saw a panting Baekhyun by the door and then all of a sudden Tiffany’s mood changed. God, how do I make them become friends with each other?

Baekhyun walked up to me and I stood up alongside Tiffany, “Hi Taeyeon, oh, hi to you too, Tiffany-sshi”

He bowed politely and Tiffany smiled weakly, “So uhh, are we going to start now?”

I shrugged, “I think so, maybe we should ask them” I pointed at a group of people and Baekhyun glanced at them. He looked back at me and smiled, “I’ll ask them”

I nodded and Baekhyun went on his way. I looked at Tiffany who seems to glare at him, I nudged her right arm and gave me a weird look, “What!?”

I shook my head, “Be nice” Tiffany huffed and pouted. It took my all to stop myself from kissing her. I was about to say something again when Baekhyun jogged back to our direction

“So, what did they say?” Baekhyun clasped his hands, “We’re going to start within ten minutes, so we should start warming up”

I nodded then looked at Tiffany, “Go, I’ll be watching”

I smiled at her, “Remember to be nice Stephanie Hwang, I mean it”

She sighed heavily and then saluted, “Yes ma’am!”

I giggled and went to the center of the floor and started warming up. While I did so, I can’t help but see Tiffany watching me the whole time and what’s bothering me the most is the way she bit her lip whenever I bent a little

Hmm… I didn’t know she liked to check me out every now and then

Then the brightest idea came to my mind

I turned around and faced Tiffany and she looked at me confusingly. I smirked at her and started lifting my arms up and bend my waist to the side. Luckily, I was wearing a hanging shirt and it exposed some skin which I think made Tiffany blush

I continued the tease until the choreographer called us up. I winked at her before giving my attention to the instructor

“So, you guys dance?” Baekhyun and I looked at each other, then shook our heads, “Okay, well, the dance is a little bit easy and I bet you could follow through, you just have to trust yourselves, okay?”

We nodded, since we had no choice either, “So, I’m going to give you an idea about the dance you’ll be doing with this video”

Our instructor then gave us a tablet pc and we pressed play on the video. After watching the video, I gulped the lump in my throat and glanced at Tiffany who sat there silently. I just really wish Baekhyun would be able to stay alive until the day of the performance comes.

The instructor then began teaching us the first move, positions and so many more. Then by the time we were able to get it, “Okay, shall we try it with music”

Baekhyun and I nodded and positioned ourselves. Once the music started playing, I let out a heavy sigh, for the first time in my life I’m going to dance something like this.

Everything was actually going well until the part where Baekhyun had to put his hand on my hip.

Tiffany then suddenly appeared on my side and took Baekhyun’s hand off my hip. The music stopped and everyone stared at her confusingly, “What the? Why’d you do that?!” The instructor shouted at her

“W-Well, uhhmm… Taeyeon’s hip is not on a good condition today”

I swallowed thickly as the instructor looked at me, “Is that true? If so, then how come you were doing fine earlier?”

I sighed, “Sorry, I just didn’t want to worry everyone” Great! Now I have to lie on day one?!

Everyone looked at me worriedly, “Aish, you could’ve said so, well, will you be okay? I mean, we have to do it again from the top”

I nodded, “Okay, everyone, take your places, and Taeyeon-sshi, don’t strain yourself too much, it’s not good for your body”

I nodded once again, “Taeyeon, I’m sorry, I didn’t know”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter