CHAPTER 21

I'M For Auction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere around us grew tense. I looked at my mom who now scanned Tiffany from head to toe. She looked pissed at the newfound information I just told her. She pointed a finger at Tiffany and my heart clenched, “This is your girlfriend? By definition of girlfriend to you Taeyeon, is this the friend type or the lover type?”

“The latter mom” She scoffed while Tiffany bowed at her, “Lift your head up and let me look at you Tiffany-sshi”

“Y-yes Mrs. Kim” My mom took several steps towards my girlfriend and I could just watch the harsh interaction. My mom circled around Tiffany, scanning each and every part of my girlfriend probably. She stopped right in front of Tiffany while Tiffany kept her eyes on the floor

“Can you look at me in the eye Tiffany?” She then looked at my mother nervously, “You seem decent but somehow possessing the looks of a player”

“I-I’m serious about your daughter Mrs. Kim”

She scoffed, “Whatever”

My mom then glanced at me, “And do you think I could just receive everything so lightly Kim Taeyeon?”

I tensed at the sudden call of my name. My mom never calls me by my full name not when she’s angry, which apparently is the current situation I’m having

“Answer me young lady” I gulped the lump in my throat and tried my best to maintain the eye contact, “No. I’m just trying to be honest with you mom. Keeping my relationship from you is something I just can’t do and you know I can’t lie to you, right?”

She let out and exasperated sigh, “I just got home and this is the first thing I hear from you?” She clicked her tongue and looked Tiffany once more, “You, sit over the couch, I’ll have a word with my daughter first”

“Y-yes Mrs. Kim” Tiffany then slowly sat on the couch, maintaining a good posture as she sat there alone. I could feel that her nervousness is eating her by the minute and I wanted to just hold her hand the whole time. But judging the situation seems like it’s impossible.

“Well young lady? What are you waiting for?”

“Y-yeah mom… I’m coming” Tiffany finally looked at me and I could just mouth an ‘I’m sorry’. She smiled slightly and I made my way inside my mom’s bedroom.

 

***

 

She closed the door and I could just look at her anxiously. Her back was facing me as she slump her shoulders and let out a heavy sigh, “Mom, I’m sorry for doing this to you”

She then finally faced me with a pout on her face, “Oh my god mom… What are you? A kid?!”

“Oh Taeyeon!” My mom squealed as she ran towards me and enveloped me in a bone crushing hug, “MOM! You’re killing me!”

She pulled away, “Oh my god! I’m so proud of you! You finally got yourself a girlfriend! You’re no longer forever alone! Did you get laid yet?!”

I looked at her with wide eyes, “WHAT?!”

“Eh? So you haven’t?” I pushed her lightly and pinched the bridge of my nose, “Mom, oh my god. I just said I got a girlfriend not get laid. Where are these words coming from!?”

She chuckled slightly, “Somewhere. She’s beautiful Tae.”

I nodded, “Yeah. I still haven’t recovered from everything”

My mom and I sat down on her bed and she kept that smile, “I’m glad you said this as early as you can, you know. You really have grown up. Heechul was right”

I looked at her surprised, “You met Heechul-oppa?! When?!”

“He just called me. He said you look different but good different. I’m happy for the good changes you are having”

I scoffed, “Well at least you’ve taken everything lightly, unlike that giant”

My mom giggled, “She’s still that overprotective over you huh?”

“Yeah! I think she’s beaten you for the best mom award!” She then laughed crazily, “Oh my god! I really have to see her!”

“Seriously mom? What did you even tell her before you went away? It’s like she’s forgotten the fact that I too, am already a college student and not even her child”

My mom smiled as she sighed and clasped my hands, “You have to tell me everything about you and Tiffany! From the day you met until today!”

I shook my head, “And here I thought you didn’t like her”

“I like every bit of your girlfriend. She seems nice” I smiled at her, “Yeah, too nice to be honest. But I wanted to tell you everything with her. I can’t just tell everything on my own”

She sighed and finally smiled, “Okay. But whatever we had here, she mustn’t know.”

I cocked a brow, “But why? She seemed tensed and nervous over there that I wanted to hug her!”

“Shut it and just follow my lead! If you don’t I’ll decrease your allowance, you understand?!”

I sighed heavily, “Fine. But just make sure she’ll get out of here alive, okay!?”

She beamed widely, “Yep!” I shook my head at her as we made our way out of the room. Her facial expression changed from happy to a grim one. What an actress!?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter