CHAPTER 28

I'M For Auction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months passed after the meet with my father, I must say that my dad had grown fond of Taeyeon. I don’t know if I should be proud or what not, but seeing the two of them become close makes me happy more than anything else.

When I came home one time, my father decided to have a “talk” with me. Usually I would frown and curse my dad for bothering me again with these useless talks of his, but today, it felt right to have one. Maybe it’s because of the fact that he’s already aware of my relationship with Taeyeon.

I opened the big wooden door of his office and promptly closed it, making my way in front of his desk. I stood there awkwardly, watching him write things I don’t even have the slightest idea of. I cleared my throat, successfully getting his attention

He adjusted his glasses and relaxed himself on his seat, “You wanted to talk to me?”

He sighed, “Take a seat Stephanie” I took the seat that’s in front of his desk, “About Taeyeon, I—“

“I won’t break up with her” I cut him off, “Even if it means of getting disowned” The last word came out as a whisper, but nevertheless, my father managed to get the message

He smiled slightly, “Who said I wanted the two of you to break up?”

I coughed a little, maybe trying to cover up my embarrassment, “Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I care about your happiness Stephanie. And if that girl hurts you, you know what we’re capable of, yes?”

I nodded, “Okay good. And also, please take good care of your studies, your grades are becoming lower than usual”

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry” He shook his head, “No need, I was just worried. I wanted you to graduate with everything you could be proud of”

I smiled slightly and stood up from my seat, “Thanks dad. But before I go, what’s up with the talk about Taeyeon?”

He took off his glasses and rested them on his table, “I just wanted you to remember whose family you came from and that we are here when you need us”

I clicked my tongue, “The only time that I’ll need you guys is when we’re about to exchange vows”

He laughed, eyes forming into crescents, “A little too confident now, are we?”

I laughed too, “Oh just watch me dad” He waved a dismissing hand at me and I bowed at him again, “Night dad. I’ll see you when I see you…?”

He nodded and drank from his mug. I smiled at the man before me and walked out of the room. I let out a sigh of relief, well that went well. Better than I expected it to be. I was about to walk up to my room when I saw Sunny lying on the couch. I sat on her stomach and she let out a groan

“Ugh, get off of me you pig!” I tickled her sides and she started to squirm, “Okay, okay! I’m sorry! Fine! Goddess! Goddess! You’re not a pig!”

I stood up and let her regain her composure, “That’s what I thought” I sat beside her while she fixed herself, “So, how did it go?”

I raised a brow, “What?” Sunny shrugged, “Your dad. You two talked just now right?”

I nodded, “Yeah, it went fine actually, our talk just now is way better than before”

Sunny looked at me like I have said something weird, “What? It actually did! Honest!”

I raised my right hand and crossed an ‘x’ over my chest and she smiled, “Well that’s something you don’t hear everyday”

I chuckled, “Yeah, I never thought the day would come that I would talk to my father in peace”

I cleared my throat a little, “So, about Hyomin. How are you guys these days?”

Sunny smiled, “We’re fine. She’s really fun to be with and I’m comfortable having her around. She makes a better listener than you though”

“Hey! I listen to you the whole time!” She giggled, “You don’t sometimes and I don’t blame you since you only listen to Taeyeon attentively”

I sighed in resignation, “Kay… I’m going to sleep now, what about you?”

Sunny shrugged nonchalantly, “I’ll sleep later, good night Tiff”

I nodded at her and finally made my way to my room. I didn’t bother to open the lights nor showered. My body seemed to be too fatigued that I’d rather lie on bed and do nothing than to work up my muscles to do these small things.

I sighed. Tomorrow is another school day and I can’t wait to see Taeyeon again.

 

***

 

I semi-ran to my room as I glanced at my wrist watch, damn. If I don’t up my pace any faster, I’ll be late for my first subject. Once I have stepped inside the classroom, I was glad the professor wasn’t there. My classmates looked at me and I smiled.

A tall blonde hair boy looked at his phone and smiled mischievously at me, “That’s almost Tiffany-sshi, you managed to get here before the professor did”

I continued to smile at Jonghyun, “I almost believed I wouldn’t make it”

He chuckled, “Go, you seem like you need to catch your breath”

I nodded and went to my seat. After putting my bag down, I quickly searched for a particular someone, only to notice she wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I sighed, maybe she went to the bathroom since her bag was there.

I was about to text her when the professor came in with a student whom I’m not really familiar of. He cleared his throat and smiled, “Well, everyone, please calm and remain in your seats. We have an important announcement to make”

He nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter