I/Nine/9/XV.

Chance Upon a Future

Scandals and Debut.

All Eyes on us.

 

Jiyeon's debut was set tomorrow as her album would be dropped into the iTunes store and the various music sites in Korea. Her MV for her first, debut single Sugar Free would also be released tomorrow at the same time as the release of her debut album. Her album was named with Myungsoo and her family in mind, "For xoxo." 

There were much anticipation between the teens and netizens in Korea as her MV teasers and album teasers were all released a week earlier. Jiyeon read the comments in the news article relating to her debut in various news portals and was shocked at the positive and negative comments.

During her break between her dance practice, she was scrolling down pages and pages of her debut news on websites and reading every comments in the news. People praised her while some people criticised her, some even gave heated comments. Some comments wrote about how amazing she was to write songs and produce the album with so much effort, while some said she was not that impressive and she claimed too much credits over the debut album, while some attacked her personality and confidence by saying she had the rude and arrogant look in her face. Jiyeon shed tears as she read the comments. 

Jieun and Hoya soon came into the dance studio, as an attempt to support Jiyeon for her debut tomorrow. Seeing her sniffing over her phone, they knew she was reading negative comments about her online. Jieun ran towards her and hugged her tightly while Hoya snatched the phone away from her palms.

Hoya looked at the screen. The messages were all hurtful, degrading and absolutely outrageous, and it was all about her. Hoya closed the web in disgust while crossing his arms as Jieun hugged Jiyeon tightly while patting her back gently and coaxing her. 

"Yah, don't look at all these comments, they're totally not true, and you know you're not like what they describe. Who are they to make you cry over them? Be confident, you're totally better than what they think of you. They're just too biased. Don't read these comments." Hoya yelled at her.

"Yah, Howon! Don't just yell at her, she's down and all she needs is one's comfort and not someone to yell at her." Jieun hissed at him while Hoya sighed.

"Jiyeon-ah, ignore those comments. Focus on your debut alright?" Jieun said. 

Just then, Luna (Jiyeon's manager) came in and gasped to see Jiyeon sobbing. "Jiyeon-ah, are you alright? What happened?" Luna exclaimed as she turned and saw Jieun and Hoya around her. "Oh hi." She said to them.

"Jiyeon read some of the negative comments again and she got sad and depressed by them." Jieun explained to Luna.

Luna frowned and sighed. She then bent down and patted Jiyeon on the back with Jieun while joining Jieun to comfort her. "Don't read them anymore, they're just fake and you know it. There will always be people to criticise and boo you for nothing, and when they see you being so successful, all the more they want to drag you down with them along. Ignore them and focus on improving and upgrading yourself, higher than those pathetic comments." Luna said to her.

Jiyeon nodded her head and pulled away from the hug while her eyes remained teary and her cheeks were puffy and swollen. Luna then called over Tiffany (her stylist) to tidy up her appearance while she would then be practicing for her performance stages that would happen in days to come.

She then went full force in her stage rehearsals. After 10 stage rehearsals and practice, Jiyeon broke down onto the ground in sweat as she was panting heavily. Jieun, Hoya, Luna, Tiffany and her dance instructor all clapped for her as Jiyeon smiled and they all hugged Jiyeon together while chanting for her success in her debut.

As the dance instructor left, Jieun and Hoya left not too long after and Luna was alone with Jiyeon.

"Tomorrow you have 4 schedules in total. You will have to attend an interview with Mnet staff in Mnet building, and you need to go and have interviews with Arirang, MBC and lastly you'll have a showcase concert." Luna explained to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon nodded her head. Her heart was racing, she was nervous as her debut album would be released in a few more hours. She looked at the clock on the wall. It was 10 at night, her album would be released in 2 hours time, during midnight KST.

Just then, Myungsoo messaged her and she looked at the message. It read:

From Myungsoo:

Hey, tomorrow's your debut right? Congratulations. I'll come and find you?

Jiyeon smiled and replied back. Her reply read:

From Jiyeon:

Alright. Manager Luna is leaving soon, so you can come in and find me here.

 

Jiyeon was waiting for Myungsoo as she looked at the clock, her phone and Luna simultaneously. Luna was at the other end of the dance studio, packing her bag and belongings while on the phone call with one of the staffs of Kyo Music. As Jiyeon patiently waited for Myungsoo's arrival, she was also panicking while looking at the time on her watch and on the clock of the wall on the training room. 

"Jiyeon-ah, I need to go already. I'm meeting the managing director Krystal, so I need to make my move. You are alright being alone?" Luna said to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon nodded her head while Luna smiled and grabbed her large bag and walked off. Seeing that Luna have left, Jiyeon looked around, the dance studio was now empty and the sound of the dropping pins and sounds of the ticking of her swatch watch beside her. Just, then, the sounds of the door knob turning could be heard and Jiyeon saw Eunji and Naeun coming in. Her smile faded into a slight frown as she waved at them and forced a joyful smile at them.

"Unnie, we're here to celebrate for your debut tomorrow. Are you feeling nervous? We heard the audio teasers and the MV teasers, it was so lovely!" Eunji exclaimed.

Jiyeon smiled and replied, "Really? Thank you. I'm so nervous right now, I am anticipating yet worried for my debut. Anyway the MV was nothing much, I thought it could be better though." 

"Oh no, the MV though was simple but it was so intriguing! It could be because you are inside, that's all a good MV needs. You were so gorgeous and fierce in the song anyway from looking at the teasers!" Naeun complimented her.

"Ah, really? Geez, thanks a lot." Jiyeon thanked them until she saw Myungsoo looking through the glass door while giving a shocked look.

Jiyeon's eyes were also widened upon seeing Myungsoo stopping a the glass door. Naeun and Eunji saw Jiyeon's eyes drifting elsewhere and said, "Oh there's somebody?" Eunji said.

Both of them turned around and there was no one at the glass door. "Oh, who was that?" Naeun asked.

Jiyeon snapped out of her thoughts as she shook her head, "Nah, it was just some trainee. I don't really know who she was though." Jiyeon replied back as Naeun nodded her head slowly in understanding.

Eunji and Naeun then took a seat on the ground infront of Jiyeon, while pestering her about Myungsoo, asking about Myungsoo, how she got close to him and how was preparing debut feels like. Jiyeon replied to them orderly, though whenever they ask about Myungsoo she would feel a little paranoid, and creeped out by them. It was obvious to Jiyeon that Eunji and Naeun have a liking for Myungsoo, and she was not happy with it. They chatted like that, Naeun and Eunji would be excited whenever Jiyeon talked about being Myungsoo's 'friend' while they would whine and complain about not being too close with him. They also asserted the fact that they want to be closer with Myungsoo.

Hearing them talk and speak made Jiyeon little impatient, she could see Myungsoo's hair from her view and part of his body. She looked at the clock. It was already 11:30p.m.. 30 more minutes to her release of her debut album, and it has been 30 minutes Myungsoo had been waiting outside her room. 

Jiyeon turned to look back at Eunji and Naeun whom seemed to be preoccupied chatting about Myungsoo and their hard trainee life with themselves. Jiyeon felt left out between them as she had little to contribute to their conversation. Jiyeon awkwardly let off coughs while tapping her feet on the ground as she looked at the clock again and again.

Eunji and Naeun did not seemed to be in a rush to elsewhere and they were far too unnoticed about the time. Jiyeon then stopped them as she said, "Uh guys, I should make my move. My album is releasing and I better get to rest back in my dorm room." 

Eunji and Naeun looked at her with expressionless faces. They then nodded their head and they waved at each other goodbye before Jiyeon rushed out of the dance studio with her towels and her bottle. Meeting with Myungsoo outside the room, Myungsoo immediately wrapped her waist with his arms while Jiyeon rest her head in Myungsoo's chest as they went into another empty dance studio. 

They turned off the lights inside the dance studio while hiding behind the doors and locking the doors shut. They hide behind while Myungsoo wrapped Jiyeon into his embrace as they were hugging each other tightly. Jiyeon shut her eyes tight while letting herself enjoy the warmth of Myungsoo's hug as Myungsoo brushed his nose against her hair gently while pecking on her forehead. Jiyeon clutched onto Myungsoo's arm tightly while never letting any part of her body leave Myungsoo's body.

"My album is now released." Jiyeon mumbled into Myungsoo's ears.

"Really?" Myungsoo replied in shock. Jiyeon nodded her head.

"Let's hear it then." Myungsoo said as he took his phone out and streamed the album online. He listened all the 14 songs in the album.

From the song Sugar Free, to "Day by Day", to "Number 9", "What can I do?", "Don't Leave", "y Love", "Chandelier", "Shake it off", "Unconditionally", "Roly Poly", "Cry Cry", "Only Girl", "I'm Really Hurt", "I Go Crazy Because of You", Myungsoo enjoyed every bit of every song off her debut album.

"Your album is a pot of gold. literally. It sounds so great, every single song in the album." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon looked at him, pleased. "Really? Is it really that great?" Jiyeon asked.

Myungsoo nodded his head. "I can't be joking about this. It's really, really good. I'm so amazed by you." Myungsoo complimented her as Jiyeon smiled and blushed upon his compliment.

"Th..thank you." Jiyeon replied back. 

"I love you." Myungsoo whispered as Jiyeon nodded her head and replied the same thing back to Myungsoo.

 

"Naeun-ah, did you get everything?" Eunji said as they left the dance studio. 

Naeun looked down at her body. She then found out her watch was not on her wrist. "Ah, I think I left my watch behind. You go ahead first. I'll go get it in the room." Naeun said as they reached the entrance of the elevator. 

Naeun lost memory of which dance studio it originally was in. She scratched the back of her head as she turned left and turned to the right. She tried to remember back but failed. She then tested her luck as she turned to the first dance studio, opened the door, the lights but it was empty, spot clean. She then went to the next dance studio. She pushed the door but the door was locked. She then looked at the glass part of the door as she carefully zoomed her view into the room, it was pitch dark until she saw phone screens on the bottom her vision. 

She then pushed the door again but the door would not open as it was locked. She could see the phone screen's light shining on a man's face.

She squinted her eyes closer to get a clearer view to be shown it was Myungsoo. She widened her eyes as she saw Myungsoo, hugging a girl, but the girl's face could not be seen. Naeun stepped back from the door, trying to collect her thoughts and what she had observed. She then looked into the glass window again on the door and widened her eyes in shock.

She jumped away from the door as she cupped while running back to find Eunji waiting for her at the elevator door. 

"Have you found your watch already?" Eunji asked.

"No. B..But." Naeun said, while stuttering her words.

"What? Why aren't you finding it?" Eunji asked her again.

"I saw Myungsoo... He's dating.. dating Jiyeon. I'm sure." Naeun said softly.

Eunji widened her eyes in shock. "What?! Are you being serious now? Is this even real?" Eunji said in disbelief.

Naeun then brought her to see the glass window. Upon seeing the evidence, Eunji froze on the spot, stunned for words. "What the heck." She said as Naeun looked at her in disbelief.

"We need to tell somebody about this." Eunji said, while the corner of her lips raised as she let off an evil smirk.

 

The next day came and Jiyeon left her room all dressed up and ready to proceed to her schedules. Jiyeon could see the trainees all looking at her in a disgusted look, while some looked at her with devilish eyes and eyes filled with hatred. She could hear people talking about her, gossiping about her from her back as she slowly looked at the trainees and ducked her head as she went to the escalator. 

"What is she doing here? Isn't she going to move to an apartment after she debut? What makes her have the face to come her and continue staying. I thought her album came out at midnight already." 

"She still got the cheek to even go for schedules. She already broke one of the trainees rule. Such a juvenille act." 

"God damn it, how does a hot handsome Myungsoo even look into her, she's totally not suited for a hot guy like him." 

Jiyeon widened her eyes. Her feet started trembling as she quickened her pace into the elevator. 

Inside the elevator were some other trainees, and they were all female trainees. They looked at her, scanned Jiyeon from head to toe while giving the dagger eyes at her. It all seemed as if they could swallow Jiyeon up anytime. They then rolled her eyes as Jiyeon turned her head slightly to look at them.

"I thought she would be kicked out of Kyo Music." One of the girls whispered to the other.

"I don't know how she got the cheek to date and train at the same time, let alone to be accepted for a debut. This is outrageous and ridiculous." the other girl replied back.

Jiyeon took a gulp as she could feel herself dying inside being in the elevator where the two girls were outright gossiping about her and talking foul about her. As the elevator opened, she walked out of the building and saw Luna looking at her in a worried look while bringing her into a van. 

Jiyeon remained silent during the ride. After awhile of hostile silence, she then broke the silence and said, "We're.. going to the first schedule right?" 

Luna nodded her head while making no more remarks.

"Am I in trouble.." Jiyeon mumbled quietly to herself.

"I don't know, Siwon CEO might want to see you. I am not sure if the rumours were true." Luna said as she heard what she mumbled to herself.

"I.." Jiyeon tried to explain but Luna cut her, 

"Don't worry, It'd be fine." Luna assured her as Jiyeon sighed and bit her lips nervously.


 

Enjoy this update as promised! :)