23/TwentyThree/XXIII.

Chance Upon a Future

S.O.S

Trapped, Hungry, Tired and Afraid.

Jiyeon opened her eyes again and turned around to see Myungsoo awoke while struggling with the rope on his tied hands. Jiyeon sighed as her vision was blur and her stomach was growling in hunger. It has been exactly one day they are trapped here and Jiyeon look out at the window which was shining bright sun rays at them. Naeun and her men did not gave them any food at all neither did they had any water to drink. They were now all thirsty and hungry with loud stomach growls heard in the room. Myungsoo continued struggling while Jiyeon's head was spinning.

She felt uncomfortable and her vision was weak. She then looked at Myungsoo again and Myungsoo was figeting about the spot.

"Jiyeon." Myungsoo whispered.

Jiyeon looked up. "Help me get the keys out of my back pocket." Myungsoo added on.

Jiyeon nodded her head and followed his instructions. Myungsoo then laid himself down while Jiyeon scooted to him as she tried to push the key out with her face. She tried with her nose, her forehead and finally , pushing the key out as the key fell out of his pocket. Myungsoo then pulled himself up forcefully as he used his hands that was tidied behind his back to pick it up while trying to rip off the ropes around his arms. 

"Quietly.." Jiyeon weakily said.

"Jiyeon, hang in there please." Myungsoo said as he was struggling to rip apart the ropes.

"Myung, are we going to get out of here, I'm starving like mad." Jiyeon remarked. "I feel so weak too, I'm running low on energy and strength. I feel restless and tired." Jiyeon added on.

"It's gonna be fine. I'm going to make sure we are getting out of here." Myungsoo said.

Just then, loud door slams and sounds of the ruffling of plastic bags could be heard from outside. Myungsoo kept still while holding onto the keys quietly. One of the men came in while his face was still covered by a mask and a black cap, he then placed two rice boxes in front of them.

"Naeun wants you two to eat so that torturing you all could be made more fun and energetic later on." The man said while a grin on his face as he soon slammed the door shut and locked it before leaving them alone. 

Jiyeon then bent her body down but failed to open the box. "How the hell can we open this.." Jiyeon whined while Myungsoo was still struggling to rip apart the ropes on his arm.

Jiyeon sighed after giving up as she rest her body against the wall until she widened her eyes to see Myungsoo successfully removing the ropes around his hand. Myungsoo was cheering softly while Jiyeon was smiling and nodding her head as Myungsoo soon removed the ropes on his leg and helped Jiyeon to remove the ropes on his hand and legs as well. Myungsoo then placed a finger over his lips as Jiyeon and him both remained silent while hiding on the wall beside the metal door. Myungsoo, standing next to the door took a peek at the openings of the door to see the room empty, with a table and a few plastic chairs surrounding the table as there was no sound coming from outside except for the crickets and the chirping birds. 

Jiyeon took the lunch boxes on the ground up, while Myungsoo looked at her.

"We need this if we're gonna escape." Jiyeon muttered.

Myungsoo smiled and nodded until sounds could be heard again. This time they hard the voice of the earlier two men entering the room while cursing at each other while having a heated arguement with each other.

"Naeun is a man, she just pays us so little for all these we have done for her." One of the men said.

"Yah, at least she still pays us some cash for all these." The other man replied.

"You er, obviously you like her thats why you will side with her. You are so weak man." The man replied.

" you." The other man yelled before he dugged the keys out of his pocket as he walked towards the door and Myungsoo dodged behind the wall while hiding away as the man unlocked the door and entered the room to be strangled by Myungsoo as he wrapped his arms around his neck while he struggled and smacked Myungsoo's leg repeatedly while his voice was coarse and he was coughing and gasping for air.

Jiyeon screamed as the other man ran right in and turned to Jiyeon. Jiyeon scoot down as she grabbed the ropes and swiftly kicked the man's crotch, causing the man to groan in pain before smacking his back and front, causing him to wince in pain as he fell flat on the ground. Jiyeon then tied his hands before she heard a loud screech. She looked up and saw Myungsoo being tossed onto the ground by the other guy who broke free from the rope over his neck.

The man then started punching Myungsoo on his back while Jiyeon ran over and kicked him away from Myungsoo before wiping him off with some punches and slaps. Jiyeon then picked Myungsoo up with lunch boxes and their mobile phones that was on the table. Myungsoo tied the man's legs and hands with the remaining ropes while leaving both of them gasping and screaming profanities as they left the place hastily. 

They ran out into the forest, ran and ran with all the might with Myungsoo holding onto Jiyeon's hand and grabbing his lunch box as he guided her along the forest. 

 

It has been an hour of escape from the abandoned shack in the forest and Myungsoo was still clinging onto Jiyeon's arm pulling her along through the deep forests. They have managed to find a light source near by as the sun was setting down and it was already the evening. 

"Oppa, it's getting cold now." Jiyeon commented.

"Okay maybe we should take a rest." Myungsoo commented while he was looking at the light source carefully. "If I'm not wrong. We're approaching a town or something, hopefully. We'll just rest here." Myungsoo said as he took his lunch box.

"The food's cold already. You better eat them." Jiyeon said as they ate their meal and stuffed their empty stomach with cold lunch box food. 

After eating, they continued resting on that spot. Jiyeon found a large rock to sit on while crossing her arm and wrapping her arms over her body while shivering in the cold autumn evening. Myungsoo stood still, looking infront of the forest, trying to peek at what could possibly be infront of them. 

"Jiyeon-ah, can you handle it? We just have to walk some more further and we might reach somewhere we can seek help at." Myungsoo asked.

"Will they catch us?" Jiyeon asked worriedly.

"They won't, I'll be here to protect you from them. So don't you worry about that." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head. "I want to be back, and put Naeun behind the bars. That's all I want to do for you." Myungsoo added on.

Jiyeon smiled and nodded her head. "I hope Luna, Tiffany and Hongbin can find us." Jiyeon said.

"I hope so too." Myungsoo said as they looked further infront of them, where the path awaits them.

---

Luna, Hongbin and the other staffs were all located inside the meeting room in the Kyo Music headquarters with phones all over the table as they were busy dialling numbers requesting for possible locations of Myungsoo and Jiyeon. It is approaching 2 days ever since Myungsoo and Jiyeon was last seen in the building and in the vicinity of anybody's sight in Seoul and news sites and gossip sites have been reporting about the news eagerly online and on print. 

Reporters and journalists have flooded the Kyo Music headquarters, questioning relevant staffs and the CEO Siwon regarding the spectaculated "kidnap" case. Calls from agencies, police departments and government support officials have rung up to the company and Siwon was handling them along with other marketing and human resource staffs dealing with other problems and calls. 

Luna and Hongbin was busy dialling the endless list of Jiyeon's friends and Myungsoo's friends while getting no fruitful response so far. They even dialled their elementary, middle and high school classmates and there was no fruitful gain out of it. Eunji soon entered the room as she dashed towards the table while standing beside Luna. Luna placed the phone down and immediately grabbed Eunji's shoulders while pushing her to a corner of the room secretly in which Hongbin followed along. 

"Eunji, we need your help. Jiyeon is in trouble and we suspect Naeun might be behind it. We can't possibly tell the CEO about it now, because we lack of concrete evidence and that Naeun's father actually became a major shareholder of Kyo Music recently." Luna explained.

Eunji bit her lips. "I tried to dial Naeun's number but I am always sent to the voicemail. I can't get through to Naeun. I couldn't contact her at all. I'll try again. I might want to visit Naeun's mother and father." Eunji said. "Maybe I could get to see her because there's no way Naeun is gonna kidnap Jiyeon and Myungsoo and stay in some abandoned or isolated area. She's quite of a pampered kid so she couldn't possibly sleep or rest in such dirty environment." Eunji added on.

"We'll request your training schedules to be halted. You go find her right now." Luna said.

"Hongbin, accompany her too." Luna added on.

Hongbin widened his eyes and pointed at himself. "YEAH YOU." Luna yelled. "You can't expect her to go look for this dangerous Naeun on her own right? She's a girl and you are a man, you need to protect her." Luna explained as Hongbin sighed and nodded his head in defeat.

Taehyung soon dashed into the room and ran towards Luna and gripped her shoulders tightly and shook it forcefully. "Is Jiyeon okay? Has she been found yet?!" Taehyung asked worriedly.

Luna pushed him away slowly and shook her head. "We're trying our best right now. We even have the police collaborated with us to help to look for her. It's going to be 2 days already since she disappeared." Luna stated.

"I want to go look for her. I'll keep you all updated about my progress." Taehyung said as he left off on his own to find Jiyeon before Luna could stop him.

Luna sat on her chair while heaving a sigh of worry. She looked at her phone again as she sighed further to see no missed calls or messages from Jiyeon which she hoped to receive. She then mumbled Jiyeon's name before she continued on ringing up more people related to Jiyeon and Myungsoo.

----

Myungsoo was panting with Jiyeon following behind him as he was pulling Jiyeon along while grabbing Jiyeon's arm tightly as they have travelled far from where they escaped from Naeun and the other two men. Jiyeon was sweating profusely while moving slowly and weakily while Myungsoo kept himself awake even though his eyes was sinking down due to the exhaustion. It was already dark at night and the moon was high up in the sky with the night stars all over the sky. Howls and cries of the wolf could be heard and Jiyeon tightened the grip on Myungsoo's hand.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you, we are soon approaching the end of the forest." Myungsoo stated.

"Thank god. Our phone is dead and I am so tired. I can't take any longer to walk in this forest again." Jiyeon whined while they finally exited the forest and went into the pavement.

Several houses and short-rised buildings could be seen from a few kilometers away while Jiyeon stopped on her spot as she shook her head and sat on the ground. Myungsoo then sat beside her while they stared at the empty road infront of them blankly. Jiyeon remained silent while Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon while bitting his lips nervously.

"I miss Luna and Tiffany. I miss home." Jiyeon complained.

"I'll get you out no matter what. Once we reach the town infront of us, I'll ring Hongbin and Luna up to tell them about our condition." Myungsoo stated as Jiyeon nodded her head in understanding. 

"This road doesn't even have any cars. What the hell." Myungsoo said before a van just zoomed past across their face. 

Jiyeon then laughed while Myungsoo slapped her arms softly as Jiyeon pinched his cheeks playfully while making fun of him. He then pin Jiyeon down on the ground with him lying over her. His eyes was staring intensely into her hazel eyes, while Jiyeon looked at him back.

"Actually..." Myungsoo mumbled. "I got this." He said.

He then sat up and passed Jiyeon a small box. 

"What's this and how do you keep it in your pocket?" Jiyeon asked while eyeing him.

"Open up and I'll explain." Myungsoo said, building up the excitement in Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon opened the box and was revealed a diamond ring. She widened her eyes in shock as she picked the ring up from the box and examined it carefully. A tear escaped from her right eye while she nodded her head and thanked Myungsoo quietly before wearing it and placing it over the night sky as the diamond was shining bright in the night sky.

"I bought this earlier on, and it was supposed to be our anniversary gift. To be honest, I knew our anniversary was coming way before you told me. Guess I took a step earlier and this is your lovely present, my sweetheart. I decided to give you now because I see you suffer a lot during this entire incident. I am also partially guilty because if it weren't for me, Naeun wouldn't go berserk and go kidnap us and torture us like mad in that hell of a place. I'm sorry for your life being miserable. I only live to see you live a good life and I give you this so that it will make you forget about everything else that happened but only remember this lovely moment of ours." Myungsoo said while holding onto her hands and caressing it gently.

Jiyeon nodded her head while pulling Myungsoo into a deep warm hug. She started tearing up on his shoulders while Myungsoo let her cry on his shoulder while wrapping his arms over her back and patting her back gently while whispering sweet nothings into her ears.

Myungsoo then widened his eyes as he saw an approaching car from far. He pulled away from the hug while pointing at the flash of the car lights as Jiyeon screamed excitedly as they were waving for it madly from far. 

"Are they able to see us? Or is the car able to see us? It's too dark here." Jiyeon commented.

Myungsoo bit his lips and nodded. He then took out his phone from his pocket but their phones were out of battery. He cursed under his breath while he tried his best to hail and catch the attention of the car and in the end he succeeded. Just as they was trying to enter after the car gave permission for them to hop into their car, the two men earlier on was exiting the forests with knifes on their hands and was chasing after Myungsoo and Jiyeon.

Jiyeon screamed in horror while Myungsoo hastily pushed her in and pushed himself into the car before locking it and the car zoomed past before the two men could come any close to the car. 

"Please drive us somewhere far and convenient for you, thank you." Myungsoo said.

The driver of the car was a elder man and he was dressed in thick puffy jacket and wore a brown cap over his head. He was wearing those thin round framed glasses and he was dressed smart and casually at his age. He then nodded his head before accelerating at a faster speed across the express way.

"So where is the far place you want to go?" The elderly man asked.

"Wherever it's convenient and not too close to here. Those man might find us." Myungsoo replied.

"Okay, anyway we're in Jeongju right now." The man stated. "Are you two from Seoul?" The man further asked.

They nodded their heads. "I don't think I can send you all there. It would take at least 4 hours or so to get back to Seoul and I'm only heading towards Suwon. But don't worry, from Suwon you can make your way down to Seoul city where it only takes an hour or less perhaps." The man added on as they nodded and thanked him.

"Do you mind if we make a call?" Myungsoo asked.

"Sure. My cell phone is just down beside me." The man said politely as they could not stop thanking their life saviour they have just found.


Sorry for the slight late update! :)

Hope you enjoy it. This is not the end of Naeun's wrath sadly.