18/Eighteen/XVIII.

Chance Upon a Future

 

Saving him from Hell.

I will keep on loving you from far.

Jiyeon went back into the van as she dropped her body right onto the car seat. Slouching low on the seat, she remained her expresionless look and her exhausted, moodless posture as she looked into her phone emotionlessly. Luna make short brief glances at her as she was focused on the road while Tiffany kept an eye on her as she was on the back seat looking out the van.

"So how did it went?" Luna asked curiously.

"Nothing much really. I just helped him buy his groceries." Jiyeon replied.

"Yah, why didn't you reconcile with him?!" Luna yelled at her.

Jiyeon sighed and flashed an annoyed look. She then frowned and replied, "You know, he's right. I think I broke up with him and left too much pain in him. I think I should just back off so that I will not inflict any more pain on him." 

Luna shook her head. Tiffany then crept to her and replied, "No, this is not what you should do. Do you even know if he still love you even though you broke up with him and he's hurt by it. Even if he can say he's upset and disappointed in you for the break up, he could still have those feelings for you." 

Jiyeon shook her head. "I don't know, anyway Eunji told me he was always flirting with Krystal during filming and Naeun is always flirting with him and he doesn't even mind her flirting with him. I don't want to make myself so complicated anymore. I'm tired." Jiyeon whined and complained.

Luna and Tiffany both gave up as Luna started to drive off and dropped her off back at her apartment. Jiyeon went into her apartment and dropped her bag on her bed. She then received a call from Eunji and went straight out of the house, down to the neighbourhood to meet her at the nearby coffee place.

Upon reaching the cafe, she saw Eunji sitting beside the window, while looking out in a gloomy face while her hand held tight on the cup of coffee on the table tensely. Jiyeon slowly walked towards her while Eunji turned her head and flashed a forced smile at her. Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows curiously while taking her seat she then looked at Eunji's face closely and saw that Eunji's eyes was red and teary. She must have been crying before she met her. Jiyeon then held onto Eunji's hand and looked at her worriedly while wiping the tear off her.

"Eunji, what happened?" She asked worriedly.

Eunji sniffed and wiped the tear off her eye again. She shook her head while Jiyeon held onto her hand tightly and shook it gently while Eunji hesitated and shook her head again. Jiyeon then called out Naeun's name and Eunji widened her eyes and shook her head profusely. Jiyeon saw through Eunji and knew Eunji was upset or affected by Naeun. She also could see that they could have met and had an arguement before Eunji went to meet Jiyeon.

Eunji then gave up and nodded her head slowly. She then clutched her fingers together while helding onto them tightly while looking down at herself. 

"What happened between you and Naeun?" Jiyeon asked.

Eunji sighed. "Naeun's really getting weird and crazy. I don't know how to put it all out in words, but she seems to get even more evil everyday. She's getting way too selfish, way too possessed and everything. I mean, can't she just calm down and be a good person?" Eunji complained while she ducked her head between her arms.

Just then, Eunji was breaking down in tears and crying badly. Her wails and her loud cries were all heard throughout the cafe and the customers were all staring at them curiously, giving judgemental dagger stares while Jiyeon bit her lips nervously while trying not to attract any attention of the customers as she patted Eunji's back gently. 

She looked at Eunji while slowly caressing her hair until Eunji regained her senses and picked herself up while wiping the tears off her eyes. Her cheeks turned puffy and her eyes were swollen from crying. Clutched tightly onto Jiyeon's sweater, Eunji then stood up as they left the cafe to somewhere more private, which was at the nearby small park bench near Jiyeon's apartment. They sat on the bench behind the trees and bushes, while enjoying the calm serene atmosphere around them. They were secluded and they enjoyed the privacy they was getting as there were no frequent passerby passing the bench.

"I fought with Naeun today. Naeun almost punched me." Eunji confessed.

Jiyeon gasped in shock. She was not ready for the unexpected confession and knowing Naeun was a gentle girl with a feminine poise, she was not the type to go yelling and punching her bestfriend after backstabbing and betraying her.

"I wanted to sort things out with her. Even though I'm angry at her for snatching Myungsoo away which I regretted, and even though she insulted and betrayed me, I wanted to be friends with her still. I believe she is a good person. However, she totally didn't want to talk to me. It's like those mood where you know the person couldn't be bothered by anything you say. They always will initiate to leave the conversation with their countless of excuses they come up." Eunji explained while sniffing on a piece of tissue paper.

"When I talked about Myungsoo... an..and... y..you, she immediately gave a pissed look. I am sure I regretted mentioning his name and you but t..then, she.. sh..she." Eunji said, stuttering while hesitating to continue. 

Jiyeon knew Eunji was trying to cover up something, so she tapped on her shoulders. "So what happened? What did she say. Just tell me and quit hiding." Jiyeon asked.

"She says she's gonna step up to the game and snatch him for real. I'm sorry, I tried to stop her but she just denied and insist to get Myungsoo and this is how it happened." Eunji explained.

Jiyeon bit her lips while caressing her back and patting it gently in comfort. "It's alright. I know you tried. Thanks anyway Eunji-ah. Anyway, me and Myungsoo is just complicated. I am fine with it. If Naeun wants to get him by her side, I'm fine with it. After all, I don't think I have any say in Myungsoo's life anymore." Jiyeon replied back solemnly.

Eunji turned and looked at Jiyeon's gloomy face while hugging her tightly. "Thank you Jiyeon-ah, even though I wasn't treating you good last time, but you still cared for me. I am so thankful for you." Eunji said as Jiyeon smiled and patted her back while nodding her head in understanding.

"Jiyeon-ah.." Eunji suddenly called. Jiyeon then hummed in reply.

"I believe Myungsoo still love you." Eunji said.

Jiyeon pulled away from the hug while giving a curious and stunned expression. Eunji chuckled at her face while adding on, "C'mon, don't act surprised. He still.. still loves you. I went to see him the other day, and I could see him feeling lonely in the drama set, while trying to find Naeun though i failed in finding her."

"That's not a reason. He probably will forget me and live a better life. I broke up with him and hurt him already." Jiyeon said.

"But he really loves you still. Trust me. I can read people well." Eunji convinced her.

Jiyeon seemed to not buy what she said and smirked at her. "Well well, aren't you a smart one." Jiyeon while she wore a stern face as they hugged each other tightly again.

 

The next day came and Myungsoo was down to visit Kyo Music headquarters. As he went out of his apartment, he felt tense as he felt as if there were plenty of eyes staring at him. He looked around nervously and aimlessly while some people recognised him along the streets. His ears heard the sounds of whispers and murmurs from passerbys whom seemed to be gossiping about him. He immediately took his sunglasses out and wore his cap and sunglasses while hurried into the van. Hongbin greeted him while the stylist merely nodded her head.

"Is everything okay?" Hongbin asked worriedly.

"Yeah. Just drive." Myungsoo replied back solemnly.

Hongbin abided by his instructions and drove him to Kyo Music for a meeting with the CEO, Choi Siwon. As he arrived, he could feel the tense atmosphere again. The staffs looked at him in disgust, while some looked at him with judgemental glares while some just simply glared at him briefly. Myungsoo could feel himself being the topic of gossip and discussion of the passerbys as he stopped at Siwon's office.

He went into the office while Siwon looking at him sternly.

"Yah, you this punk." Siwon yelled. Myungsoo bit his lips while looking down as he sat infront of Siwon embarrassed and too shocked for words. 

"What is all this scandal and problems you have been giving the public?" Siwon asked in an impolite manner.

Myungsoo was flabbergasted by Siwon's voice and words. Siwon gave a grunted stare at him while he raised his voice again and shouted, "Explain yourself, the public hates you now. What are you going to do to save yourself, and save the company you punk?!"

"Sorry." Myungsoo replied back sadly.

"That's not enough." Siwon interrupted him.

"Anyway, think about that and tell me later on in the idol meeting later in the meeting room." Si won added on as he chased Myungsoo out of his office.

Myungsoo gulped nervously. He feels nervous and worried for the meeting.

 

The meeting was held in the headquarters of the Kyo Music Ent.. The idols and artists were all gathered in a large meeting room. The large wooden table was set in the middle of the room while surrounded by comfortabled plushed soundproof walls. Jiyeon went into the meeting room to see other idol groups seated in their respective seats. She saw Infinite a newly debut group, consisting of Sungyeol, Sunggyu, Woohyun, Sungjong and Dongwoo. 

Jiyeon looked around for her name. She widened her eyes as she saw her name plastered beside Myungsoo's name. Her seat was next to Myungsoo and she was nervous. She was expecting their encounter to be very awkward, after all they broke up over two months and yesterday's grocery shopping incident traumatized Jiyeon greatly. Jiyeon went over and took her seat while placing her clutch bag on her knees. The coaches Taeyeon, Jieun and Hoya came in soon after and was seated at the near front of the desk while other shareholders took their seats at the utmost front of the large meeting table. 

Just then, Myungsoo came in and all the attention went to him. Jieun wore a sad frowning face, probably worrying over Myungsoo while the Infinite members were staring at him in disgust. Another female group SECRET was staring at Myungsoo as he made his way to his seat, beside Jiyeon.

He looked at Jiyeon briefly while taking his seat. Jiyeon heard his huge breaths and he was breathing really fast and heavily. Jiyeon took a side glance at him briefly before looking back at the meeting table solemnly. 

The CEO Siwon soon came into the meeting room and sat on the big black chair at the front of the meeting table. He place his hands wide apart on the table between the file of document on the table. "Welcome everybody for this meeting. It's quite of an important one so I really appreciate you all for attending this crucial meeting." He begun.

He then talked about the debuts and the future projects and talked about the company's marketing, strategy plan for the upcoming year 2016. The idols and artists were pretty much dead and dried out as the INFINITE members were all looking down with gloomy and solemn faces while the girls in SECRET was paying no attention but staring in blank spaces while their managers could not control their expressions as the managers themselves were on the edge of dozing off.

Jiyeon kept her eyes low while occasionally looking at Myungsoo. Myungsoo too knew Jiyeon was looking at him, and he did not responded to it. 

"Anyway, let's get back to another issue." Siwon said while making a death glance at Myungsoo.

"Our artist Myungsoo is in a sticky situation. In fact, he had a recent scandal and it have caused much of an uproar and it's pretty heated right now." Si won stated.

The shareholders glanced at him in disgust while IU and Hoya kept their head down in shame. Myungsoo ignored their glares and stares while kept his head low in embarrassment.

Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo and he was really nervous and scared. Jiyeon knew it as she could see Myungsoo's legs trembling in fear while he was playing his fingers, something a pre-school children would do when being punished. It was cute, as if Myungsoo was a kid as he was literally giving a sulky face. 

However, Jiyeon wanted to comfort and ease him down with a hand squeeze but she knew this situation was sticky and she knew she should just remain as normal and cause no suspicion of their ex-relationship. Myungsoo stood up and bowed. "Sorry for causing all these problem. I'll reflect on my mistakes and show the people a corrected new side of me. I'll turn over a new leaf and live my life properly and in a mannered manner." Myungsoo apologised while his voice was shaking.

Everyone gave their eyes at him. Some gave an annoyed look while some gave a judgemental look. Myungsoo took a gulp as he sat back down. 

"You are going to have a press-meeting." One of the shareholders raised.

"Yeah, you need to have one, clarify it and apologise sincerely. That way people will buy it and they will more likely want to accept your apology." Another shareholder agreed and commented.

"Then a press-meeting is decided. We'll invite the journalists, photographers and those news site people to come down for the event. Myungsoo, please prepare for it well. I'll get some of my staff to help with the logistics. You'll prepare what to say." Si won instructed as Myungsoo nodded his head.

"CEO.." Jiyeon suddenly spoke. Everyone turned their eyes to her in shock.

Siwon gave a shocked look as well as he nodded and replied, "Uh Yeah?" 

"I would like to speak too for Myungsoo's press meeting. After all I knew him well as friends during trainee and now, I could help him." Jiyeon suggested.

The shareholders does not seemed pleased as they begun their conversation and discussion amongst themselves while giving unsatisfied stares at both Jiyeon and Myungsoo at the same time. The shareholders then disagreed and shook their head.

"You will only make things complicated and make things difficult for him and everyone else." One of the shareholders said.

"Please." Jiyeon said in a desperate manner.

Everyone looked at her in a shocked and unexpected manner. They were not expecting her to suddenly say all these as she were quiet throughout the meeting. Siwon looked at Jiyeon flustered as he soon gave in and nodded his head. "Go ahead and help then." Siwon said.

Jiyeon's eyes rolled to Myungsoo and their eyes finally met with each other.


 

Hey, enjoy this update.

Anyway, do yall watch My lovable girl? Just wondering, cause I don't because of Myungstal (NAH JK) but the story is just so typical and not interesting though.