J/Ten/10/X.

Chance Upon a Future

Unconditionally.

I will love you unconditionally.

The rumour around Jiyeon and a male trainee Myungsoo having a romantic relationship had already circulated around the internet. Many gossip sites, news sites like Dispatch and the Sports Seoul have released news articles and rumour articles, forum posts all over the internet. Jiyeon was on her phone, checking on Dispatch and Sports Seoul, as the breaking news were all about her. The news wrote about her dating another trainee who was about to debut as well.

Jiyeon clicked on one of the news article. It read: Debut Rookie Jiyeon in a relationship with a male trainee in Kyo Music.

She read the news and read the comments. The news was on the top 10 most commented and viewed section of the Dispatch site and there was numerous of comments in it. There were positive and many negative comments flooded in the comments section. Some comments were outright degrading and hurtful, while there were a few blessing, encouraging comments. However, all the comments that popped out continuously seemed to hurt Jiyeon's pride as she was shocked by all the backlash in the article.

Some of the comments read:

"Wow, this rookie Jiyeon was debuting for the boys. How could someone debut and have a boyfriend all along? Besides, it was a male trainee in Kyo Music. Isn't that not allowed in music companies? Isn't that against the rules? How does she even hide it so well? Well, we have another pretentious fake debuting again. It's as if we need another liar in the Korean Music Industry." 

"Wow, she's really dumb, who in the right mind will date while training to debut? Is either she's not into music and into debuting, or she's just playing around while training. What a fool." 

"I knew I wasn't going to like her from the beginning. Seems like she can only fall now from her debut." 

Jiyeon sighed as she shut her eyes and placed the phone right into her bag. She shut her eyes tight, trying to prevent any tear from escaping her eyes. Luna saw her through the rear mirror of the car and frowned. Luna looked at her again and could see Jiyeon struggling to not open her eyes and cry. 

Luna then said, "Jiyeon-ah, did you read the comments again?" 

Jiyeon then opened her eyes, and her eyes were getting teary. She then nodded her head slowly while Luna bit her lips in worry as Jiyeon remained silent. 

They reached the Mnet building as Jiyeon left the van quietly. With an expressionless face, she slowly made her way inside the building quietly and secretly while fans of hers were all gathered metres away from the borders, taking snapshots with their flashy cameras and fancy smartphones while Jiyeon walked into the white floored and white tiled corridor.

As she entered, she was greeted by a fancy middle-aged lady. She wore a black dress, had brown hair tied up into a bun, and she wore simple make-up with fierce red lips. She reached her hand out to Jiyeon as they exchanged a handshake and later on introduced herself as the interviewer with a name, Park Minyoung. She then guided Jiyeon to the interview room, where Luna stood behind the big camera sets and flashlights. The flash lights were then at the white room, where there are two wooden stools and a wooden coffee table with two cups of tea on the coffee table. Laid neatly with potted plants beside them, Minyoung pointed the seat for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon took a seat while Tiffany came over and gave a touchup on her make-up, re-applying the pink blusher on her cheeks while tidying her hair and her outfit. Jiyeon wore simple for the interview, just plain white shirt, with a blue denim midi skirt. As the cameraman gave his fingers, Tiffany went away behind the camera beside Luna while Minyoung smiled at Jiyeon. Jiyeon then smiled back at her.

"Alright, we're on air in 3, 2.... 1. Action." He shouted.

Minyoung then gave a wide smile as the cameraman shouted action. She then welcomed the viewers as she turned her view to Jiyeon and gave her a wide smile, it almost seemed fake to Jiyeon.

As Jiyeon was on air, Jiyeon smiled back.

"Hi everybody, welcome to Mnet News. I am Minyoung, your host today. With me is a very special guest. In fact, it's her first schedule ever, and her first time here too as well. Let's all welcome the hottest sensation, and hottest solo debut, Park Jiyeon!" Minyoung said in a delightful tone.

"Hi, I am Park Jiyeon." Jiyeon greeted cheerfully.

"So, Jiyeon-sshi, how does it feel like to have your songs top in the chart. Like for example, Gaon charts, your album is ranked 2nd, and your single Sugar Free was ranked number 1 in various charts like Gaon, Olleh charts. Your other songs in the album also ranked within the top 50 songs in the music charts in Korea. In overall, critics explained that your album was a pure gold." Minyoung said while referring to the tablet that she was holding onto.

Jiyeon looked at her with widened, shocked eyes. She was truthfully unaware of that, she did not look at the chart rankings, neither did Luna even mention to her about how her album and her singles were received amongst the public. Jiyeon covered and then said, "Truthfully, I only know about this when you just told me earlier, I was totally not aware of it." 

Minyoung looked at her in surprise, "Really, I thought you would be aware of it. Anyway, congratulations on your successful debut." Minyoung said.

Jiyeon thanked her while the interview carried on, talking about the album, her music style, her aspirations and inspirations in music. Jiyeon described her music to be something everybody loves listening to. She wants to relay the music to everybody, be it being meaningful, full of symbolism and realism, or just plain fun song everybody loves to sing or dance to. Jiyeon then added on that this album showed her having takes on different music styles, be it upbeat pop songs, or a little laid-back, emotion-filled songs. She also describe about Sugar Free and gave her take on Sugar Free. 

"So, anyway, Jiyeon-sshi, today the news was buzzing about your debut, your songs and your musicianship. Along with it, there were also several rumours about you dating one of the male trainees in Kyo Music, the trainee named Kim Myungsoo, whom was also spectulated to debut soon after you, what are your take on this?" Minyoung asked.

Jiyeon bit her lips while smiling, "Actually, I'm close to him, but I'm not really in a relationship with him. Even so, I wouldn't dare as it was against the rules of Kyo Music, and I would not want to take the risk and face the music later on. We might seemed like couples, but in fact we're just really close because we train together and all." Jiyeon said.

"It's kind of weird now I think about it, because usually when trainees train, they train together in the same gender, like girls will make friend with girls and train girl-girl like, but in this case, me and Myungsoo-sshi are training together, and we're different gender, so it might come across as if it's a couple. But in actual fact, both of us are sort of like introverts, we don't talk much, we're shy and cold. He sort of approached me during lunch and talked to me and we soon became close then. And it all started when I was running and he was running WAYYYY faster than me. Being a competitive person, I tried to catch up, but the result was embarrassing. I was sweating madly and he sort of laughed at me and I ignored him and yeah we sort of build our interest with each other just through simple things like that. That's how we became so close friends I suppose. It's like he treats me as my sister, while I treat him as a older brother." Jiyeon explained.

Minyoung nodded her head. "Looks like you two are very close." Minyoung chuckled. She then ended off the interview and the music played before the air time was over. The cameraman gave them signals as Minyoung and Jiyeon stood up. Minyoung smiled at Jiyeon while shaking her hand, and bid her farewell before leaving.

Luna came to her and gave her a thumbs up. "Great job, you're so natural throughout the interview. You handled the situation well." Luna said to her.

Siwon soon came to her as Jiyeon widened her eyes and bowed at him. "Oh CEO, you're here." Jiyeon said as she greeted him countless number of times.

"You did well. At least your rumours would be cleared up. You aren't dating Myungsoo right?" Siwon asked.

Jiyeon looked at him and nodded her head. She knew this lie was going to bug her for a long long time.

 

"Anyway, Jiyeon, I bought an apartment for you. Should I say, the company bought for you an apartment. It'd be more convenient for you since you have debutted and you are an official solo artist now. Your debut was also successful, and the company would like to reward you with an apartment. Luna will give you the address and send you there. We'll pick you up from there and send you back there for schedules everyday." Siwon explained.

Jiyeon looked at him in shock. She could not believe this. Her own apartment. She got an apartment to herself. She smiled widely and thanked Siwon repeatedly as she bowed and bowed at him.

Jiyeon then went into the car and went to her next schedule, interview with MBC music staff. She was on her van, Luna was driving attentively while Tiffany was on her phone. Jiyeon was also using her phone, messaging Myungsoo.

From Myungsoo:

Are you alright? Heard about the rumours today and I'm worried sick about you. Please tell me you're fine and don't ready those nasty comments again.

From Jiyeon:

I did not read the comments. Anyway, I'm fine. I explained to the people we're just close friends, is that fine with you?

From Myungsoo:

Ah, that's fine. Besides, we're both idols too, we can't act so lovely in front of the tv. You really did not read those nasty comments online?

From Jiyeon:

Really. I didn't.

From Myungsoo:

Liar. 

From Jiyeon:

How do you want me to prove it to you?

From Myungsoo:

By letting me visit you and see if you look good as usual, gorgeous. 

From Jiyeon:

We can't even go out so freely, let alone be together, the dispatch or sports seoul reporters or paparazzis will be on a hunt for me these days, ever since this rumour came about today. How do they even know? They don't have any image of us though, so that's a relief.

From Myungsoo:

Well, we can always hide in one quiet spot in the training center here.

From Jiyeon:

Oh yeah, I'm moved into a new apartment they bought for me. Maybe we can meet there? You and I, just you and I. Right after Luna and Tiffany unnie leaves. 

From Myungsoo:

Okay, text me the address and see you gorgeous.

From Jiyeon:

Oh Shush. Geez. :')

From Myungsoo:

( ' 3 ' ) Kisses for you~

Jiyeon immediately shut off her phone as they arrived the venue.

 

Jiyeon did numerous of interviews in the MBC building, meeting various other idols and artistes in the building while being interviewed by various magazine publishers and staffs of MBC. Jiyeon was now on her way to her showcase, her first showcase and her first performance she will be performing for the first time for her debut album and her debut single, "Sugar Free". It was spectulated that there would be a jam-packed auditorium and it would approximately be around 1,000 to 5,000 fans watching her showcase.

Jiyeon was at the backstage as many other of her past friends came and visited her in the backstage. Now alone in the room with Luna making phone calls and checking her diary while Tiffany tidying and styling her hair, Jiyeon was reading a book quietly while the stage crew came in occasionally to update her on the performance line-up.

Just then, Eunji and Naeun came into the room with the vip backstage passes, as they waved at Jiyeon cheerfully. Jiyeon saw them from the reflection on the mirror infront of her as she smiled at them. 

"Oh, unnie, congratulations on the debut~ We'll watch your showcase with much honour and awe." Eunji stated cheerfully. Jiyeon smiled at her.

Naeun then gave her a bouquet of flowers unexpectedly. Thanking them, Jiyeon smiled at them while they looked at each other and Naeun said to Jiyeon, "Enjoy your showcase, we'll support you in the crowd!" 

Jiyeon thanked the two girls again before the stage crew instructed her to prepare. She then went to the stage while Naeun and Eunji smirked at each other and left her dressing room. Jiyeon was now in the backstage, preparing her outfit while Tiffany did some final touches on her make-up while Luna was there supporting Jiyeon and talking to her.

It was now Jiyeon's turn to go up on the stage as Jiyeon went up on the stage and greeted the audience. She scanned throughout the auditorium. There were a lot of fans present. She came up with an estimated figure of about 3,000 fans watching her showcase. She then greeted the fans, waved at them and did all sorts of fanservice for her fans before she started performing her debut single, Sugar Free.

As the song begun, she got onto position and exerted all her might into the dance, swaying hips and flipping hair ferociously while dancing passionately. She sang the song smooth and sharply, her dance moves were on point and the crowd cheered for her louder and louder.

Jiyeon's eyes scanned around the auditorium while giving eye contacts to all of her fans. She caught attention of Eunji and Naeun standing in between the crowd, smiling and cheering for her holding her fanclub lightsticks. What amazed her was that Myungsoo was beside Naeun as Naeun wrapped her arms around Myungsoo, as Myungsoo was smiling at her while giving her an uncomfortable expression.

Jiyeon ignored it while continuing to perform. 

However, her mind rung, "Why is Myungsoo here? Why is he with Naeun?" 


 

Enjoy this update! :)