B/Two/2/II.

Chance Upon a Future

Orientations.

The Life of a Trainee.

It was the second day since the new batch of trainees entered Kyo Music. It was six thirty in the morning, as the sun just rose up not too long ago. Jiyeon wore her t-shirt and her trackpants, paired along with her nike running shoes as she brought along her earpiece and left her dorm. She walked out of the building as she fixed the music on her ipod. She then turned her head to see a trainee beside her, also in an athletic wear.

She scanned through him. He was the guy yesterday sweating at the elevator entrance. She then ignored him and looked at her ipod back and plugged into her earpiece. She then started running while the guy beside her remained on the spot, looking at his phone while he was listening music through his earpiece on his phone. 

Not too long after she started running, the guy caught upon with her and ran past her, running at a speed way higher than she expected. 

*So he can really run well. Probably really good in sports.* Jiyeon thought as she increased her speed trying to catch up with him. However, he continued running at his fast pace, while Jiyeon was left metres behind, as she was struggling to cope with her increased speed. She usually runs at the ordinary speed, but she was running at a pace doubled of that. 

She then continued running and running, lagging behind the fit guy infront of her as they finally reached back at the entrance of the training building. She stopped and bent down and rest on the ground as she was panting and sweating profusely. It was tiring, surely exhausting and draining every single energy off from her. 

The guy then smirked at her. Jiyeon looked at him with questionable glares. The guy then walked towards her and placed his hand infront of her. "Grab on me, seems like you are collapsed onto the ground and have no energy to stand anymore." He told her.

Jiyeon looked at him and scoffed. She then retorted back, "Yeah like as if I am lying dead on the ground. Oh wait, maybe you're hitting on me?" 

The guy looked at her in a disgusted manner. "I don't like girls. I don't fancy you girls. You girls are so typical, why would I try to hit on you, as if you were any different from those normal seoul girls. In fact, all girls are the same. They're all for the material." He harshly replied back.

"Looks like you've just been reading a book of stereotypes on girls. Whatever, you got nothing on me." Jiyeon said coldly and walked away while breathing heavily and panting.

The guy turned around to see her as he looked at her in disbelief. "Well, she's indeed cold as hell." He muttered to himself.

Jiyeon went back to the dorm and lay comfortably on the bed after a warm shower. After an hour, it was lunch as she hopped down to the cafeteria to have her lunch.

As expected, the company have scheduled and prepared their meals, deciding on what to include and all. The trainees were queuing up infront of a counter of food. The food were all displayed in the glass display case, and lunch was served to the trainees.

The trainees sat all over the cafeteria. Jiyeon barely knew any other female trainees or any male trainees since she had a cold personality and a cold front. Jiyeon stared down at the meal. It wasn't as good as she hoped for. The lunch consists of low-fat milk, with mains being chicken with some rice, with a side salad beside them. She sighed as she ate the lunch but to feel herself not feeling full. I guess being an idol or a solo artist would require less food intake.

Jiyeon placed the food tray to the trash area, as she went back to her dorm. She got changed and walked out to roam around the streets. Her mother called her as she walked down as she talked with her about the trainee life. Life was fine right now, since it was the orientation week and they were somewhat given freedom for this week only. After this week lies the trainee life - intensive training and practices for the chance to debut into the music industry.

Jiyeon went into a cafe and grabbed a cup of iced americano as she sat on a table beside the glass window. As the sun shine right from the sky to the cafe table, Jiyeon took out the book she brought along and read it quietly with her cup of iced americano beside her. 

She love times like this. Reading novels, while sipping on her favourite coffee - americano. Probably many other Koreans feel the same way as she do, drinking americano was the best thing ever. Jiyeon took another sip on her americano, while her eyes never leaving the words of the novel. 

After reading pages and pages of the novel. Time flies as the sun was starting to set and it was evening. Jiyeon looked outside at the window as she immediately closed her book and left the cafe. She went back to the dorm and got dressed and ready for the sleep she dread for ever since today's tiring run.

 

The other days of the orientation pass by as usual. Jiyeon would have morning runs, and the guy would always run faster than her as before. She would try to catch up to him day by day even though she did not even know the guy's identity. The guy didn't bother to talk to her since that day but she could not really care less about him. All she wants is to be fit, and better than the guy. 

The orientation week was over and Jiyeon and Myungsoo both got their own trainee schedules.

Jiyeon schedule was as follows:

Monday - Fri, same routine. 8 A.M. - Morning Run, 9 A.M. - Breakfast, 10 A.M. - General Music Lesson, 12 P.M., Dancelessons, 2 P.M. - Lunch, 3 P.M. - Vocal lessons, 5 P.M. - Dance Lessons, 7 P.M. - Dinner, 8 P.M. - Vocal Lessons, 10 P.M. - Rest

Myungsoo's schedule was different, and it is as follows:

Monday - Fri, same routine. 8 A.M. - Morning Run, 9 A.M. - Breakfast, 10 A.M. - General Music Lesson, 12 P.M. - Guitar Lesson, 2 P.M. - Lunch, 3 P.M. - Vocal lessons, 5 P.M. - Gym session, 7 P.M. - Dinner, 8 P.M. Vocal lessons, 10 P.M. - Rest.

 

The first day of the week came and they had their morning run and breakfast which composed of hard-boiled eggs on a toast, accompanied with salad and mineral water. The trainees were now having general music lessons in an auditorium, where everyone were seated behind the tables and the lecturer would be lecturing about music. The whole idea of the general music lessons are basically like school. Just teaching about music, lyrics writing and everything else. Everything informative about music. Those who likes making music would be interested, while the trainees who don't have the passion for it would lay and slack off.

Jiyeon was indeed interested of making her music. One of the other goals apart from being a solo pop act in the Korean Music industry was also be a songwriter. Writing songs, relaying messages and feelings through songwritting was just the thing for Park Jiyeon.

Myungsoo on the other side of the auditorium, knew he was gonna pay attention to this lesson. He had been writing songs and songs passionately ever since high school, and it has been 6 years of writing music for Kim Myungsoo. However, writing songs was not easy and Myungsoo definitely spent days and months mastering a song for himself. 

Jiyeon then proceeded for her next schedule - dance lessons. Her instructor was Hoya and she was in the girls group. Hoya was masculine, his muscles was prominent, sharp and well-toned and his face was alluring. Female trainees were in awe of his good looks and it was the first time Jiyeon would see girls go gaga over a trainer. Hoya then initiated the brief warming up exercise, which include stretching exercises. Hoya would go around and force trainees to do splits while his counterpart, Gahi would be around pushing the female trainees down to master the splits. Stretching and tearing muscles, they then proceed to simple dance steps and training various parts of the muscles that were deemed important for dancing. 

Myungsoo's next schedule was guitar lessons. He was grinning happily at the start of the class as everybody was tuning their own guitars while the guitar teacher made his introduction, taught some of the basics to newbies while guiding them to a simple music piece on the guitar. Myungsoo was already a pro in guitar, as he took the entire guitar lesson as a breeze. It was beginner's level and he should already proceed to the advanced level. The teacher was Jonghyun and he knew Myungsoo was much of a guitarist from his first look at him.

Jonghyun went towards Myungsoo. "Looks like you can play it well. Play it then, I'll judge and give you some critics." Jonghyun stated as Myungsoo obeyed and played his favourite piece.

"Ah, the song "Take me away". Classic guitar piece. You really like this korean guitarist hm?" Jonghyun said.

"It's cool, and this song is like my favourite." Myungsoo replied back eagerly.

"Looks like you have fond interest in guitar. You could do well with it in your music career. Just that some parts are not too sharp and on point. With practice, you'll be great. But you're fine, so don't worry. You're on the right track, stay on it and work towards the top." Jonghyun encouraged him.

Myungsoo felt great during the guitar lesson. Besides loving to play the guitar, having a great coach for guitar lessons and having such valuable critics and all made him love this lesson even more. It could likely be what he would look for everyday as a trainee.

 

Lunch came and it was basic and nutritious again. Clean, fat-free braised pork in a simple brown sauce accompanied with side dishes like kimchi and beansprouts with a small portion of rice. Loads of vegetables accompanied beside it. It was then vocal lessons after the lunch and Jiyeon found herself sitting in a corner of the vocal studio while the rest of the trainees was chatting amongst each other at the center of the empty studio. 

Jiyeon looked around the studio. Different faces were seen. It seems that the schedule was random and trainees were mixed around during different lessons and trainings. Her eyes stopped as she saw the guy sitting at the other side of the corner of the room. The guy whom ran faster than her, and was sweating profusely on the first day at the elevator entrance.

As she stared at him blankly, the guy turned his head and looked at her as well. Their eyes met as Jiyeon immediately turned her head away and looked elsewhere while the guy did not bother much and continued staring elsewhere as well. Jiyeon then turned back to check on the guy and he was no longer looking at her, instead he sat up and walked away from the point where he was sitting earlier on.

The vocal lessons soon started as the vocal couch came in, and listened to every trainee's voice as she required them to sing for her to listen to and give critics and feedback to their style of singing. 

The trainees all gave their best shot to impress the vocal coach, and it was now Jiyeon's turn. Jiyeon cleared , as she was trembling nervously, she stammered on her voice as she coughed. She then began singing a short part of her favourite song, "Day by day" (by T-ara lol). She sang and her soulful voice captured the heart of the vocal coach. The vocal coach was amazed. 

After the end of it, the vocal coach clapped for her. "Well done. It's good. The way you sing it, this song suits you well. You got the soulful, yet coarse voice. I'm sure you will do music well. Your vocals and voice is pretty unique. Technique wise is fine, but there are some parts that needs to be fixed." The vocal coach commented as Jiyeon bowed to her and thanked her. 

She sat back down as she could feel herself blushing red. She was happy, she was delighted that she have done well just now. She heaved a sigh of relief as the other trainees continued to sing. After awhile, the guy earlier on stood up and sang. Jiyeon looked at him in shock as he started singing.

She did not expect that voice from him. He had the charming, soft, yet manly voice. Something that would suit him well in ballad or country type of music.

After he ended his song, the teacher clapped for him as well. "Good, I actually like it too. You got a nice voice as a guy, you wanted to do country, ballad-dance songs right? You'll do well." The teacher said and clapped again.

The class ended and it was now dance lessons for Jiyeon and gym session for Myungsoo.

The first tiring official trainee day has ended and it was now dinner. Jiyeon grabbed her dinner tray which consists of peas and steamed chicken with a small serving of rice and traditional korean side dishes. Jiyeon placed it down on a table near a glass window in the cafeteria and started eating. It's been a week since she was a trainee but she barely knew anybody. Sure, she knew some of the louder ones like Tiffany, who was in her vocal class and was pretty oustanding in the coach Jieun's eye. There was also the guy named Baekhyun, whom every girl was going crazy for. Jiyeon barely talked to anybody. 

Just then, a guy placed his dinner tray infront of her. Jiyeon looked at him. It was the same guy. The guy she ran with, the unknown guy at the first day who was sweating badly. The guy who was quiet as well, somewhat like her. He came across her mind as a quiet guy, maybe of a cold personality like her.

She looked around. The cafeteria was indeed packed, there were also coaches Taeyeon, Jieun, Hoya eating and various other staffs having their dinner as well. Their food seems to be different than trainees. Jiyeon then turned her head back to her food as she slowly munch on the chicken.

"You're quite of the cold, quiet type huh?" The guy said out of the sudden.

She looked at him and nodded her head. 

The guy smirked and said, "My name is Kim Myungsoo, it seems like both of us are alone." 

"I'm fine being alone." Jiyeon replied back.

"But I don't think I can. It's quite boring to be alone. Not that I am trying to hit on you but I want to have someone to talk to." Myungsoo said.

"Well, I'm a girl, and I thought you would prefer to have a guy as a friend instead." Jiyeon said curiously.

Myungsoo sighed. "Well, I'm quite of a quiet and shy person you see. Most of the guy trainees already got their friends, we got 1 clique of guys over there, another over there. It's kind of strange for me whom do not know anybody to go join their cliques right? It's so awkward." Myungsoo whined.

"Well, why don't you take the initiative?" Jiyeon asked.

"If I got the balls to." Myungsoo said solemnly. 

Jiyeon looked at him. "Why do you have the courage to talk to me then?" Jiyeon asked him in doubt.

"Well, ever since running together, it seems like I can get used to you." Myungsoo mumbled. "I don't really like hanging out with new people. I'm far too used to my old friends and all." Myungsoo explained further.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "I guess we're same. I don't like it too. To be honest, I'm a cold girl. Like I don't make much friends and all, I kind of hate it but I guess I'm afraid." Jiyeon agreed. She then added on, "We look like those type of people that come together because we are both shy and we just open up to each other only." 

Myungsoo chuckled, "Who cares?" 

"Well, we seem like socially awkward creeps." Jiyeon stated.

"Let it be, my awkward friend." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon look at him and slowly nodded. "Well, I guess you could put it that way." She mumbled.


 

Comment down below about your thoughts! :)

SUBSCRIBE :)

Hope you all have enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for all support!