E/Five/5/V.

Chance Upon a Future

TWO LIVES, ONE LOVE.

Loving you was a fortune.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo were in a relationship officially yesterday night. Jiyeon woke up at six as she got prepared for a morning run. She went downstairs, as she stopped at the trainee lobby area on the ground level as she waited for Myungsoo. Myungsoo soon came after in his workout attire - singlet and shorts with running shoes.

They ran for a round about the neighbourhood as they returned back to the building not long after. Jiyeon looked at her watch. She widened her eyes in shock as she started jupping for joy.

Myungsoo came to her and asked, "What's the timing like?"

Jiyeon smiled and replied, "9 and a half minutes yo!" 

Myungsoo widened his eyes and smiled widely as he pulled Jiyeon into a deep hug. Jiyeon buried her face in his chest while Myungsoo spun themselves around while they were both hugging. 

"You did well, Jiyeon." Myungsoo complimented her.

Jiyeon pulled away from the hug and thanked him. Myungsoo smiled irresistably at her as he pecked her cheeks. Jiyeon remained under his embrace as they walked back up to their own dorms.

Jiyeon closed the door of her dorm after she separated ways with Myungsoo. She took her shower in the shared bathroom on level 19. As she shower, she could hear the trainees chatting as they were outside of her stall. She heard approximately 3 voices coming in the toilet.

"You know the male trainee, his name Kim Myungsoo?" One of the girl said.

"Oh, yeah, that guy is so gorgeous!" The girl replied.

"But wait, I saw him kissing this girl. I don't know. I think he's attached already." Another girl replied.

The other two girls gasped in shock. The first girl then said, "Wait, but I never see him together with anybody before. Is the girl from our dorm?" 

"I don't know. I think she is, but there's also a possibility he brought the girl he was dating for a long time, in. You know those type of stable, long-lasting relationships. Maybe that girl is just some outsider, but it could also be in this building too. Meaning, she might also be a trainee." The girl replied back. She then added on, "Ah, I should totally go and look at her face. I could only see her back view. Today they were totally hugging each other and making out at the ground floor today. Seems like they went for a run. He was in his y singlet!" 

"Then that girl should totally be one of the trainees!" One of the girls replied.

"Yeah, I think it's one of the trainees." The girl replied back as she washed her hand and touched up her make up as Jiyeon could hear sounds of the clapping and clicking of the make-up products.

"Could it be Eunji? She totally have a crush on him. Like she was always checking him out, you all know that." The girl guessed.

The girls sighed. One of the girls then disagreed with her and said, "No, not Eunji. Eunji still looks desperate as hell. She was always trying to woo him but he does not really look at her as how she looks at him. There's little chance for Eunji to win his heart, sadly." 

The girls then left the toilet, and Jiyeon was the only one left. She came out of the toilet in her trainee look - sweatshirt, trackpants and New Balance trainers. Jiyeon sighed as she looked at the reflection of the mirror. She knew her relationship with Myungsoo was risky. 

Jiyeon forgot that there are always many eyes around them. Jiyeon sighed again as she went back to the dorm before proceeding to the daily schedules.

 

During the lunch, the co-ordinator Taeyeon came into the cafeteria. Holding on the microphone, she then switched it on and grabbed everybody's attention in the cafeteria. Everyone looked at her curiously, everyone paused what they were doing and the entire cafeteria went quiet.

From the buzzling sounds of the cafeteria workers, to the music player in the cafeteria and the small chats and commotions about the trainees from table to table, everything halted, even the dishwashers in the kitchen all halt as Taeyeon coughed loudly on the microphone.

"Well, thank you for keeping the noise down for me. I appreciate that a lot. Alright, trainees. It's been a long time since your batch have trained in this building. Let's see, like about 7 months soon? That's impressive. We'll be holding auditions soon, in about a week's time." Taeyeon stated.

Everybody started gossiping and mumbling with each other. Trainees were mumbling and getting all excited, some boasted to their friends, some sighed and whined while some just continued paying attention to Taeyeon.

Jiyeon was sitting with Myungsoo, as both of them looked at each other.

"Could it be this, is a chance for us to debut?" Jiyeon muttered to him.

Myungsoo looked at her and nodded as he looked back at Taeyeon. Taeyeon then continued, "Alright, so the auditions, you all should know would be to see who would be mighty for the debut. The company gave me the quota already. We are able to debut 3 solo acts, and 2 idol groups. The idol groups would be a 4 member girl-group, and a 5 member boy-group. Together with the 3 solo acts, we'll only select 12 of you."

Taeyeon added on, "So out of you all 50 people, 12 of you will be selected. This means that only about 1 quarter of you will make it. The remaining 38 of you, will remain as trainees. If you would like to drop out, please consult me, as I'll deal with you."

"So, for the audition itself. It will be on the coming Monday. It will take place throughout the day and you guys will actually have that day off. Meaning, there will be no schedules on Monday. You all can practice and whatnots. The audition is simple, you can either show us a dance or sing a song. It's somewhat like your auditions you all did to become a trainee and all. So, it's really simple." Taeyeon explained.

She then continued on and said, "Also, for you all to prepare for the auditions, every music studio, dance studio, gym, and any other facilities excluding the cafeteria will open for 24 hours. However, trainers will be around to monitor every one of you using the rooms, so please handle the rooms with care. In addition, you all cannot use any external sources to help you in preparation for the audition. If anyone of you does, you all will be expelled from the audition, meaning no chance for you at all to debut for this batch of debut." 

"So, I am going issue you your audition times for Monday." Taeyeon said. She then called out names and names of the trainees and told them their audition time.

... "Park Jiyeon, your audition time is 3:30 p.m.." Taeyeon said. She then called out other names before Myungsoo's name was being called out.

"Kim Myung Soo, your audition time is 4:45 p.m.." Taeyeon stated.

"Your audition is earlier than mine." Myungsoo said.

"Yeah, kind of bad too as I'll face it earlier. You would have more time to prepare for the audition then, that's so lucky and great." Jiyeon said as she let off a dreadful sigh.

Myungsoo smiled and grabbed her hand gently. "Come on, it's better to face it all off earlier. I'd be nervous and suffering for an hour and 15 minutes longer than you. You should be glad yours is earlier." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon pulled her hand away immediately. "Yah, don't do all these skinship infront of other people. Even infront of Taeyeon and other coaches. We aren't supposed to date you know." Jiyeon said.

"I overheard some girls today and they saw us today in the morning hugging. Thank god they did not identify the girl. Otherwise I'd be dead. Actually in fact we all would be over." Jiyeon whispered to him. 

"Let's just act as friends infront of other people alright. We can do all these when we are alone and safe." Jiyeon whispered.

Myungsoo sighed and nodded his head. "Well, it's not like we have a choice or not." Myungsoo said as he sulked while Jiyeon laughed at his cute, pouting face that all seemed too adorable for Jiyeon.

 

The night came and Jiyeon and Myungsoo met in the music studio. Jieun was sitting on the black chair, as she was using her phone while Jiyeon and Myungsoo both came in together.

"Okay, you guys are here. You guys are so lucky, many people want me to help them train since the audition is near, but I told them that you guys reserved it. You guys are so lucky to have a trainer like me to be there for you all. You all need to thank me as you guys owe me alot." Jieun said.

Jiyeon smiled. "arraso, Jieun-ah." Jiyeon said.

Jiyeon and Jieun became close ever since she entered Kyo Music. Apart from being a trainee-coach relationship, they actually text each other when free and they would hang out around the building during free time. They have sort of become close friends ever since Jiyeon entered Kyo Music.

"So, lets do some vocal warm-up." Jieun said as she begun the vocal warming-up exercises. Both of them drank some water before they proceed with the warm-up.

The warm-up practice is basically making weird noises, then reciting do-ray-me-fa-so-la-ti-do from ascending and descending order. They also did some pitch adjustment practices which include humming to various pitch, from low pitch to the highest possible pitch. 

After the warm-up, both of them took turns to sing their selected song, while Jieun would comment and critic on their performance for each song, trying to correct any parts by getting them to sing again until they sing the way that is ideal. 

It was a straining and tiring exercise, by the end of 2 hours, it was already midnight.

"Alright, drink up loads." Jieun stated.

Both of them drank mouthfuls of water as they tried to cool and quench the thirst in their throat. Singing for long hours have made their throats dry and exhausted. 

"Jiyeon and Myungsoo, good luck for the audition on Monday." Jieun said.

"Thanks, are you going to be one of the judges?" Jiyeon asked.

Jieun smiled. "Maybe. Who knows.." Jieun said, while leaving the both of them in suspense.

 

After Jieun had left, Myungsoo immediately pulled Jiyeon for a hug as he whispered into her ears seductively. "Finally, it's time for us only." 

Jiyeon blushed upon hearing him. She then pulled away from the hug. "Are you really that desperate?" She said.

"Well, yeah. You are so irresistable. One touch of you yesterday after we became official make me want to venture every part of you. Just can't get enough of you." Myungsoo said in a deep, y tone.

Jiyeon looked at him as she furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean by venture me." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo smirked. "Like this." Myungsoo said as he leaned to her and kissed her deeply. His tongue were touching Jiyeon lips, while Jiyeon opened as their tongues battled with each other. 

He then pulled away from the kiss. "Something like that." He said.

Jiyeon looked at him in disbelief. "Hah, no wonder they say the hot ones are always naughty." Jiyeon said.

"Well, thank you. Indeed I'm too hot for you to handle." Myungsoo said as he held onto Jiyeon's hand and placed it on his chest as he slowly brought Jiyeon's hand to trail down his chest, down to his abdominal area where she could feel his hard solid abs from his shirt.

"Yah, you are so disgusting." Jiyeon exclaimed as she pulled her hand away. 

"It's late." Jiyeon said.

"It's not late, as long as I get to spend time with you." Myungsoo said. An idea popped out of his mind, he then grabbed Jiyeon's hand. "Let's sleep here tonight as we cuddle." Myungsoo suggested.

"What?!" Jiyeon shouted at him.

"Yah, there'd be people checking on us, we can't do it!" Jiyeon said. 

"I really want to sleep in your embrace." Myungsoo said while pouting. "How about you come to my dorm." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock. "WHAT?" Jiyeon yelled at him.

Indeed, Jiyeon sneaked into his dorm and both of them spent their night in Myungsoo's dorm. Myungsoo brought Jiyeon close to his body as their arms wrapped about each other as they played with their noses and lips as they slowly drift themselves into a beautiful sleep that they wished they would never wake up.

 

Monday came, and it was the auditions. The auditions were held in the music studios. The trainees were asked to wait outside of the main studio (where the auditions were held at). It was already 3:30p.m. and Jiyeon was sitting outside, just beside the door. Her heart was thumping heavily while she held onto both of her hands tightly. Her feet was shaking, trembling in fear.

A bead of sweat trickled down her neck as she scanned about the corridor nervously. The sight of trainees moving about and the coaches moving about make her feel extra nervous. 

She scanned and scanned. Everyone was warming up their vocals. Some trainees were stretching their legs and arms, some was quietly sitting down, looking down and some were memorising song lyrics. Jiyeon sighed. She then tried to recite the lyrics while looking around the corridor.

She then saw Myungsoo standing behind the walls leading to the emergency exit stairs. She looked at him with a shocked expression. Myungsoo then smiled at her and pursed his lips, giving her a flying kiss while mouthing the words "good luck" to her. 

Seeing Myungsoo brightened her mood and she felt more free as she felt more relieved about her audition. Just then, Myungsoo walked away as Jiyeon looked around to see everybody all engrossed in their preparations for the audition.

The trainee left the room in tears. Jiyeon looked at the trainee. Her friend was waiting for her, as the trainee went over and hugged her friend. 

"Yah, Bomi-ah, what happened?" The friend said.

"They don't seemed impressed. And, I think I have screwed up my own audition." Bomi said.

The friend hugged her tightly while mumbling to her, "Don't worry, stay optimistic, you have tried your best anyway. You got this, alright?" 

Jiyeon took a huge breath before she was stunned upon hearing her name being called out.

"Park Jiyeon, you may enter." Taeyeon shouted.

Jiyeon entered the music studio. She took a seat infront of the 4 panel of judges. The judges were Taeyeon, Jieun, Hoya and Hyorin. Jiyeon greeted all four of them in an orderly manner as they all greeted her back.

"Alright, so I heard you want to be a pop solo act." Taeyeon said.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Yeah, my style of music I want to pursue in is like pop music, something that is fun, you can dance to, yet vocally amazing. However, the song today I prepared is pop, but it's a little of a meaningful song." Jiyeon stated.

Taeyeon and Hyorin nodded her head while Jieun smiled at her widely. 

"So, what do you mean by that?" Hyorin asked.

"Um, the song I prepared is dedicated to my loved ones." Jiyeon said.

"And what is the song title?" Hyorin asked further.

Jiyeon gulped and replied, "I'm going to try an english song, and it's called Diamonds by Rihanna." Jiyeon said.

The judges widened their eyes. They did not expect an audition in english. It would be a great thing to do if Jiyeon could deliver the song in english well without any awkward mispronunciations.

"So, Diamonds by Rihanna. Cool. Let's hear that." Hoya said as her audition begun.


 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please. :) Share your thoughts.