A/One/1/I.

Chance Upon a Future

The Training Start.
Unfolds the hard life of a trainee.

Jiyeon was at her home, her dad was making phone calls outside in the living room while her mother was whipping up a scrumptious dinner in the kitchen. She was in her cozy white room as she pulled out a luggage from her closet. She threw in t-shirts, shirts, skirts, shorts, trainers, loungewear apparels and any other necessities into the luggage. Stuffing the luggage with some stuffed animals, she threw in her favourite novels into the luggage as she swiped across her dresser and took her favourite cologne and make-up and placed them in a small bag purse, as she threw it inside the luggage. 

She fanned herself with her fingers as she tied her hair up as she crossed her arms. Standing on the center of the room, she scanned around her room cautiously. She then spotted her bracelet on her side table. She widened her eyes and heaved a sigh of relief. She almost forgotten about it. She picked the bracelet up and pecked it. She scanned at it and smiled to herself. She then placed it in her accessories box. She placed several earrings, some rings and hairbands and closed the box and tossed it into her luggage. 

She then lay on the bed as she shut the stuffed luggage. Her mother soon came in with her denim blue apron, as she looked at her. "I'm so gonna miss you, my daughter." She said with a coarse voice as she sat beside her on the bed. "I wonder when will I be able to see you again." She added on.

Jiyeon looked at her mother as she placed her hands around her face and caressed her gently, while touching her wrinkles around her eyes and the frown on her face as she pressed on her lips. She then pulled her in for a hug as a small tear escaped from the side of her eyes. "Omma, don't worry, I'll be back often to visit you. We can go hang out or chill out at some coffee shops near our house. Besides, my training dorm will be in apgujeong, it's so near to Hapjeong, just need to cross the han river that's all." She slowly whispered into her mother's ears.

Jiyeon's mother pulled away from the hug and wiped her tears away as she forced a smile and nodded her head slowly. Jiyeon knew her mother was reluctant to send her off to training dorm under the Kyo Music Int.. Jiyeon then wiped her tears off as they went to have their last dinner, together before Jiyeon departs from her home to the Kyo Music Training Center in Apgujeong tomorrow morning.

 

On the other side, over at Gwangjin-gu, Myungsoo was lying on the bed as he looked up at the ceiling of his room. Painted black, and painted with white dots, it was a alternate replication of a night sky. Something he always love looking at. Being a nature lover, he would always go for camping every friday night, and return back home on Saturday evening, as he would always go out with his family for a saturday meal out. But being a trainee tomorrow meant that such things would be rare and camping would be ultimately impossible. 

Myungsoo turned his head to the luggage beside him. Empty. It was empty. Myungsoo sighed. "Later I shall pack it." He mumbled to himself as he nodded to himself. He then raised himself up from the bed as he picked the guitar beside his bed up as he played it while singing his favourite song over and over again while his voice broke several times and with the neighbours knocking on his door asking him to shut up. 

Myungsoo did not bother with the neighbours, they were all demanding and complaining everything, every single thing in their lives. All they want was quiet life, everyone does that, but Myungsoo was loud and upbeat, but he did not cared about the neighbours feeling.

Quite a bad side of him, but he likes it.

Myungsoo went to the kitchen and popped several eggs, fried them and made scrambled eggs. He then cooked rice, way too much rice for one but he managed to consume them all. The scrambled eggs he made was bland, and was definitely short on salt. Myungsoo was clumsy as usual, he can never make a great meal on his own, well without a cookbook or a guide beside him. 

Literally, he was quite of a joke at home. 

He then watched the television, as he watched his favourite Poporo on the kids channel. He was squealing at the episodes played even though he watched all episodes, it was still entertaining. 

After his dinner and watching television, he went back to his room. His empty luggage stood still beside his bed. He sighed. "Maybe an hour later I would pack it." He mumbled to himself again as he looked up at the clock. Eleven o'clock in the night. Great. He smiled as he used his laptop on his bed and played his favourite music as he surfed the web.

An hour past and another past. It was now one past midnight and Myungsoo fell asleep on his bed, with his laptop screen brightly shining at him on his bed. 

The morning came and Myungsoo woke up and yawned. Looking at the clock on his phone. It was already seven in the morning. He gasped in shock. ", I need to get there at 10!" He shouted at himself as he shut his laptop and climbed out of the bed. He ran towards his clothes rack, threw his clothes into the luggage. He then reached out for his toiletries and dumped them all in the luggage, he then threw his books, his necessities in and threw his laptop in as well. He got changed and rushed out to the training center in apgujeong.

 

Jiyeon exited from the car with her mother and father standing beside her. They both gave hugs to Jiyeon as Jiyeon cried horribly in her mother's chest. Reluctant and hesitant to leave her parents behind, she pulled away from the hug with her mother as she waved them goodbye. "I'll see you guys soon.. Please wish me luck." She said to them in a sombre manner.

The father gave her a thumbs up. "Do well, my daughter. No, actually, you'll be well and great." His father relayed his wishings to her. Jiyeon smiled and wiped the tears off her face. 

Facing the harsh reality, she turned away from the parents as she went into the building. She stopped at front of the elevator door as she lowered her head and sniffed. She then looked up after awhile of sorting out her feelings as she turned around and saw a guy standing with his black luggage as he was sweating profusely in a singlet and a denim shorts and a new balance shoes with white socks. She then looked at her luggage, it was black too and it was the same. She then covered the luggage with her legs as she looked away, pretending not to be amazed by it. 

The elevator came and both of them went in. They went up to the training center as they were being gathered by a group of teens and young adults. Jiyeon looked around, the other people were probably also trainees, wanting to debut as a idol group or an idol. She then sat down on one of the seats available, which then the guy earlier on sat a seat away from her coincidentally. 

She then looked up as a middle-aged lady came up on the small stage. She wore a formal, slim black dress and pink high heels. She used the microphone and greeted everybody. "Hey everybody, I'd like to welcome all of you to Kyo Music Entertainment Int.. Welcome, here's your training block. We have all sorts of things lined up for you all as trainees." The lady said.

"First and foremost, I am Kim Taeyeon, your sort of a trainee coordinator in Kyo Music. I'd be managing all of you as trainees, scheduling your practices and trainings. So, anything you have in doubt or if you have any questions, please feel free to look for me. Kyo Music is an international, high-grade music entertainment company, I'm sure you all know that. We're fairly new in the kpop industry, or korean music industry, so you guys would be somewhat the pioneers of our company. Well, hopefully most of you are able to. Many of the people out there have high hopes on us, so let's all work hard to debut and make all of you a bright success, and to make Kyo Music up against the Big 3. I would also be taking you all for vocal lessons as well, alongside with my friends Jieun, Ailee and Hyorin, later on you all will find out." She said.

She cleared and continued, "You all will now receive you dorm keys, you all will get a tiny room, a suitable room for your needs. They would be equipped with a table set, a bed, a side table, and a wardrobe. Toilets are shared amongst all of you, there would be girls and boys toilet, so fear not. You can only enter your dorm rooms at 10 onwards, and you must not be in your dorm room at 10 onwards. So between 10 in the morning to 10 at night, the dorm sector of the building will be locked out from access. Your access cards given will not open the doors during this time, so make sure you get everything you need for the day of practice, training and tough life."

Another man soon came up on the small stage, "Alright, thank you Mrs Kim, I am Hoya, and I'm the dance instructor for all of you. So, alongside with Taemin, you guys would be on the hands of us for those pursuing in dance as well. We'll get your opinions and arrange out on your training schedule. So this week is just a starter, orientation week, just fun and relax but next week starts with the tough trainee life. So get prepared for it." Hoya said. 

"And also, we'll talk to each of you individually, so please tell us what type of music career you want so we can cater to you specifically and specially." Hoya said.

 

"Alright, may the girls follow me, the boys will follow Mr. Lee Howon or Hoya if you'd like to call it." Taeyeon said jokingly as she guided the girls out of the hall. 

She brought them to an empty classroom. Jiyeon looked around the classroom, there was approximately 20 other girls in the room. She gasped in shock. She'd thought it would be less but in reality, there might be a lot of people fighting for an opportunity to debut into the music industry.

"Anyways, we have about 24 of you female trainees. There are 30 male trainees, so there would be at least one for you to date. No, just joking. Please don't date before debut and during debut. It'd be really troublesome and Kyo Music wouldn't like that to happen. Just a warning and reminder for all of you girls." Taeyeon said.

"Anyway, after this, I'd guide you all around and bring you all to your respective rooms first, then you guys are free to roam around this building and the vicinity. You can head out, but you need to be back before 9 p.m.. Otherwise, you'll get a warning letter, and if you accumulate 3 warning letters, you would be expelled from Kyo Music. Also, behave well and perform well for trainings. Failure to comply to instructor's words or missing or skipping lessons would give you 1 warning letter. 3 letters means you're out. So please, please behave well." Taeyeon added on.

"Alright, I'll see the first girl, Ah Young." Taeyeon called out.

The girls came to her and talked to her for moment and moment. Jiyeon could hear some of them aspiring to be in a top idol group, some would want to be a shining solo actress, some wanted all, some wanted music, some wanted acting. Jiyeon soon came up to her after she's being called out by Taeyeon.

"So, Park Jiyeon, what's your aspiration." Taeyeon asked monotonously.

"I'd like to be a singer. A solo act. A pop solo act." Jiyeon said specifically.

"Thanks for the specification. So, you're more to the Pop Music style? Well, we shall see your practice, vocal trainings and dance trainings. We'll arrange according to that, but if upon your performance and results, if it does not suit you, we might tweak with it. Just to let you know." Taeyeon warned her.

"I'll try my best, and it's fine if it can't work out for me in the Pop music style." Jiyeon said in a dull manner.

"I'm sure you will do well." Taeyeon gave an assuring smile.

She coughed and continued, "Anyway, I'll give you your schedule tomorrow but I'm going to say it to you verbally now. You're fine with that?" Taeyeon said. Jiyeon nodded her head.

"Okay, so you'll go for 3 courses. Vocal lessons, Dance lessons, and General Music lessons everyday." Taeyeon said. She added on, "Meals will be provided in this building, at level 2 where the cafeteria is located at. Meals specially chosen by us experts will be given to you all trainees to eat. It's not much of a choice to choose your food though. But you can buy some snacks there too, but you have to use your allowance money, and the snacks are healthy, as expected. Everything here is healthy and less fattening for you all. And, your allowance money is at 20,000 won per week." 

Jiyeon nodded her head and thanked her as Taeyeon brought them all around the building. Bringing them to the cafeteria, auditorium, studios, dance studios and classrooms and finally to the dorm rooms which were on the highest floor on the building. Floor 20. The building was relatively small and the female dorms were splitted between floors 20 and floor 19. Jiyeon's dorm was on floor 19, she was now in the room after the tour and it was already 4 in the afternoon. She sat on the single bed and looked around. The room was indeed small. There was the single bed that was quite comfortable, yet it still isn't as much comfortable as her bed at home. There was a wooden side table, a wooden cardboard and a study desk with a small space around the room. The room was probably 3 quarters the size of her original room. She then opened her luggage and unload her luggage into the closet and around the room.

 

"So, Myungsoo what are you aspiration? Music?" Hoya asked.

"Yeah, but I'm more to soulful music, softer and like country music." Myungsoo replied back.

Hoya nodded. "Interesting, not into dance?" Hoya asked.

"Not really." Myungsoo replied.

Hoya sighed. "But a little dance could make your performance better. You can go for soft music, but with some dance? I think it'd be better for you. Kind of like a ballad-country-dance music fusion. Something we can work out for you." Hoya suggested. Myungsoo looked at sighed.

"Is it much of a dance? I'm kinda not a good dancer. I mean, I never really dance before. All I do was singing and playing my guitar." Myungsoo stated.

Hoya nodded. "So you play the guitar. That's cool. Maybe you can be a solo artist and play guitar and all. So, I'd enroll you in general music lesson, vocal lessons and the guitar lessons. I'd get your schedule printed and sent to you tomorrow. Don't worry. But if anything falls, we might tweak your schedules. Just a heads up." Hoya instructed.

Myungsoo nodded and after hours of touring and chatting, Myungsoo was brought into his dorm. His dorm was same, wooden and white walls. A single bed, a side table, a closet and a study desk with some space in between. Myungsoo placed his luggage beside the closet as he lay his body on the bed and looked up at the walls. He then looked out at the window outside. Outside his window was a beautiful street, many stores, international brands, fashion stores, game stores, cafes and all sort of brunch places, traditional and fusion korean restaurants around and some fast food chains like Lotteria, Burger King and Macdonalds. 

Myungsoo then went out, to explore the streets as the trainees were all allowe to relax and play for the first week, but to be back by 9p.m. or to be locked out and given a warning letter. 

 

The first day of being a trainee brings so much for both Park Jiyeon and Kim Myungsoo.


 

Enjoy the first chapter!

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! :)