19/Nineteen/XXV.

Chance Upon a Future

Actions and Mistakes.

Everybody makes mistakes.

Jiyeon was behind the doors leading to the hall packed with reporters, journalists and bloggers as they were all talking on their phones while the cameramen were all bringing out their large camera stands and fancy camera equipments while fixing them onto their positions. The loud commotions from the room was truly devastating to Jiyeon as she could feel her heart racing as she was remembering what to say on her mind.

As she lean against the wall, her manager Luna was a few metres away from her, while talking on the phone with somebody. Jiyeon looked down and stared at her shoes blankly until she smelled a familiar scent approaching her. She automatically looked back up upon response to see Myungsoo walking to her direction with Hongbin beside him. Myungsoo was dressed simply and solemnly to express his heartfelt apology through his outfit. He wore a plain simple black blazer accompanied with white shirt beneath it and paired together with black slacks and black shoes. Myungsoo greeted her with a nod while eyeing her from top to bottom.

Jiyeon wore matching outfits with him coincidentally, as Tiffany suggested a white tank top and a black pencil skirt paired with some sleek black high heels. Jiyeon nodded back at him while forcing her eyes to look elsewhere as they stood opposite of each other, while waiting to enter the press room. 

The commotions and chats in the press room became louder as sounds of flashing cameras could be heard and the journalists and news reporters were flipping through their documents and notebooks while sounds of the computer systems could be heard. Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo while Myungsoo returned the glaze as they stared at each other in an awkward manner. Myungsoo then looked elsewhere, avoiding Jiyeon's eyes while taking a gulp nerviously as he started playing with his fingers again. Jiyeon eyed his fingers and she saw through him. 

Myungsoo was nervous.

Just then, The CEO Choi Siwon soon came and greeted both Jiyeon and Myungsoo. He then eyed Myungsoo ferociously, giving Myungsoo chills down his spine as he took another gulp as his eyes froze on the spot in fear. Jiyeon looked at him again while bitting her lips as Si won guided them all into the press room.

The press room grew uncontrollable as the cameras kept flashing and clicking on them as they enter. The cameramans were in uproar in taking all those shots of Myungsoo, Jiyeon, Siwon and the manager Hongbin as they walked into the press room. The journalists all paid close attention to them, eyeing them as they enter like sharks waiting for their prey as they got seated down on a white desk with their names in front of them. They then stood up soon after and bowed at them as Si won greeted the crowd politely while the staffs handled the reporters and cameramen a bottle of water kindly. The crowd soon became quiet and still as they all paid close attention to the four infront of them.

"I would like to welcome everyone of you today for this urgent press meeting." CEO Siwon greeted. "Thank you all for making your trip down." He added on.

"Today, this press meeting would be covering about the unfortunate scandal of my artist, Kim Myungsoo whom was alleged to have a unacceptable behaviour during filming and was thus dropped out of the drama, My Lovable Girl. I would like to clarify more about this matter today." Siwon explained.

He then started off and said, "We received news last week that Myungsoo was being dropped out of his drama, and it was during the time where he was supposed to be at the drama set for filming. Myungsoo also informed the agency that only during the course of filming, he was then announced by the director and the secretary that he would be expelled, and dropped out from this drama." 

"We were shocked by this incident. Truthfully, everything was going on well with Myungsoo and he was just promoting his debut fine and he was casted in this drama and he acted his roles well. We were truly upset and honestly quite infuriated by the director's sudden change of mind." Siwon added on.

The journalists were all acting like robotic creatures, looking up and down in an emotionlessly manner while jotting down notes on their notebooks while some went to up their game by typing down on their portable laptops on the desks provided. Siwon then turned to face Myungsoo as he suddenly looked flustered as he held onto the microphone. He took a gulp as he looked around aimlessly at the crowd before begining his speech.

"Hello, my name is Kim Myungsoo. About this incident, I'd like to confess.." Myungsoo said.

Oohs and wows could be heard amongst the crowd as the journalists and reporters all leaned towards him from their seats while some of them even brought their recorders along with them to record Myungsoo's speech. The cameras kept flashing and ticking at him as he looked around and scanned the crowd again while a sweat trickled down his face.

Jiyeon, who was sitting beside Myungsoo, slowly reached her hand and squeezed Myungsoo's hand beside her as Myungsoo's face turned different immediately. She then continued looking at the crowd in a emotionless face while her hand was placed in a natural manner so as not to raise any awareness.

"I'm sorry for all my fans, all my listeners and everyone I loved." Myungsoo begun. He then continued on and said, "I have disappointed all of you, and I am regretting my actions and behaviour. Truthfully speaking, I believe my behaviour have upset many staff and the director of this drama and my result of my uncanny behaviour have only led to my tragic termination of contract with the drama and I'm no longer involved in this drama." 

"It is true that my behaviour was not something respectable and my behaviour was somewhat distorted. Indeed, fame got into me." Myungsoo said.

The crowd gasped in shock. The cameras were capturing the moment madly while the cameramen looked at him in shock. The journalists and reporters were all too caught back by his sudden confession. His confession was also shocking as nobody ever dared to admit their bad behaviour in front of the public where thousands of cameras and recorders are simply gulping down the entire situation and happenings.

"I've truly upsetted many people and I want everyone to know what I did wrong. I know my fans will be upset, some of them will leave the fandom and some would start to hate me even more. I accept that. I believe every mistake I made, I ought to be punished, only then will I learn my lesson." Myungsoo explained.

He added on, "I've also hurt many of my loved ones. Constantly, I've been annoying my manager and stylist I believe and they probably would be not pleased with me in some point of time, and those stage crews, PD-nims must have suffered alot to put up with my horrible behaviour. Yes, I'd say my behaviour was horrible and I am afraid and frightened by how different I actually became until i realised it now when I received backlash from the public and with my loved ones hating me day by day because of my change. The change in my behaviour have led to many consequences and I can only regret about it." 

"I'm particularly sorry to my mom and dad. These two people, even though they are not in Seoul or South Korea at the moment, I am really sorry. If you see this, mom and dad, I'm sorry. I am really sorry. I've changed because of fame, changed to the worst and I'm now receiving the punishment. I'll reflect on my mistakes and return being the humble, kind and good person, L, Kim Myungsoo." Myungsoo said as a tear escaped from his eye.

The crowd went wild by his speech. Siwon looked at him while the manager Hongbin patted on his shoulders gently. The crowd begun snapping pictures with their mobile phones and their fancy cameras.

 

Jiyeon then begun her speech after, "Hello everybody, my name is Park Jiyeon, I'm an artist that debutted this year as well." Jiyeon introduced herself.

"Myungsoo.. He's my good friend. Ever since I became a trainee, he and I became friends and we would train together during free time. We are very close during trainee days and I could say we are best friends." Jiyeon said.

"The Myungsoo I know is someone caring, kind, bubbly personality and extremely humble. He would always constantly work hard to improve, there's nothing called perfect about him according to him during the trainee days. That's something I really look up to from him." Jiyeon commented.

She then elaborated, "I am aware of his change in behaviour and I indeed tried to help him to change, but I guess it was too late of me." 

"I would like to request with my friend, to ask you all to forgive him. I know he made a mistake, a huge mistake, and it reflects bad on him but Myungsoo will be better, he'd be the better Myungsoo everybody love, and I know of too." Jiyeon said.

One of the reporters raised her hand and stood up. She asked, "Park Jiyeon-sshi, may I know could there be more in your relationship with Kim Myungsoo-sshi?" 

Jiyeon gulped nervously while Myungsoo rolled his eyes to her. Myungsoo then grabbed the microphone. "Sorry, although that question was specified for her, but I'll answer it because it's the answer truthfully and honestly. She and I are actually now in a romantic relationship, meaning boy-girl relationship, Jiyeon-sshi is my girlfriend." Myungsoo said.

Everybody gasped in shock, even Hongbin and Siwon was shocked by the sudden confession. Jiyeon turned and looked at Myungsoo in shock.

"I don't want my fans to be kept in the dark from it, and I don't want to hide in the public. Fans will be sad, indeed after all I'm now attached, but fans, I will love you deeply for all your lovely support. Even if I have a girlfriend now, you all fans, every one of you, each and every one of you will have a special place in my heart." Myungsoo explained.

"I hope you all understand, and I want to publicise this relationship because there's no point in hiding. Rather than getting exposed and make everyone feel cheated by it, I would like to risk it and be honest and brave about it." Myungsoo added on.

The crowd went wild as Si won took the microphone away.

"That'd be all today. Q&A session will begin now." Siwon said as the questions came flooding in about Myungsoo and Jiyeon's romantic relationship.

 

After the press meeting, Siwon went to have a serious talk with Myungsoo outside the press room and Jiyeon was remained in the empty press room with her manager and stylist surrounding her, bombing her with questions regarding the press conference and Myungsoo's unexpected confession.

"Myungsoo really went quite crazy this press conference. Did you two actually planned all these?" Tiffany asked.

Jiyeon shook her head. "I was took away by surprise too by his confession. I did not see this coming. However, I'm feeling uneasy about it. Like I feel he shouldn't have confessed about it." She replied.

"I think he did well actually." Luna commented. Tiffany and Jiyeon looked at her weirdly. "Yeah, c'mon, I mean really. He should have done it. I agree with him anyway. It'd be better that way." Luna said.

"But what about those crazy obsessed fans, they won't let it slide. They aren't that good people. They won't accept any confession and let it slide like normal ordinary fans, they will do anything disgusting to get Myungsoo. They're just creepy people that should rot in hell." Tiffany complained.

Luna bit her lips. "We need to protect you against them then." Luna said.

Tiffany nodded her head as Jiyeon grew more nervous and afraid now that they have mentioned the sasaeng fans. Myungsoo then went back into the press room while Tiffany and Luna turned and gasped in shock by his appearance. They then greeted each other before Luna and Tiffany excused themselves out of this sticky, awkward situation.

Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked back at her. Jiyeon then lowered her head in shame while asked him in a dull manner, "Why did you do that.." She said.

"Confession?" Myungsoo asked.

"Mmmm, yeah." Jiyeon replied.

"Because it's true and I want you back." Myungsoo stated while he inched towards Jiyeon and sat infront of her.

"It's been a long time." Jiyeon said.

"Yeah.. 3 months?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah, around 3 months." Jiyeon replied.

"Okay?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon looked at him curiously. "Girl.. friend?" Myungsoo asked nervously.

Jiyeon then hugged him tightly. "Mmm." She hummed. 

Myungsoo smiled as he pushed Jiyeon closer to his body, "I missed you so much, sorry for all these. I am to be blame." Myungsoo apologised.

Jiyeon then whispered into his ears, "You're not to be blame, when you make this mistake, I will shoulder the blame too. After all, our heart beats for one." 

Myungsoo blushed as he hugged her even tighter. "I missed you." He said.

"Miss you too." Jiyeon hummed into his ears.

They pulled away from the hug as Myungsoo cupped her face as he pushed his chair closer to Jiyeon such that Jiyeon was now sitting on his lap. Myungsoo used his other hand to caress her hair while Jiyeon caressed his face back. "You grew more handsome now, Mr Kim." Jiyeon said.

"Is this how you call me now?" Myungsoo said while grinning sheepishly. "Alright, then you are Miss Park. After a while, you'll be named Mrs Kim then." Myungsoo added on.

"You must have been suffering a lot, Miss Park. I have not done much to you but you helped me even though I went bad and you still help me when we broke up and I got mad at you. I am sorry. Sorry for all these." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon nodded as she pucked his lips while they shared a wet, passionate kiss.

 

The door suddenly opened as they pulled away from the kiss and sat away from each other immediately in surpise. Naeun came into the room while waving at Jiyeon and running to Myungsoo.

"Myung oppa~" Naeun called as she went over and hugged him tightly. Myungsoo shrugged off as he pushed her away slightly. Naeun looked at Myungsoo in shock.

"Wae oppa?" Naeun said as she looked at his annoyed face.

"Naeun-ah, I don't want to give you false hopes anymore. I.. I don't like you at all." Myungsoo said.

Naeun gasped in shock as she looked at Myungsoo angrily. She then turned and look at Jiyeon whom looked elsewhere trying to avoid their glance and eyes. Naeun then nodded her head. "I guess you need not explain, I am pretty sure I know what happened. You guys are still together huh? Back together again?" Naeun said.

She cupped her face while wiping the tears off her face. "Park Jiyeon, why do you have to snatch him away now, you broke up with him and you still cling onto him. Now you got him, you must be happy. You're horrible. You're so disgusting." Naeun said while Myungsoo yelled at her.

"YAH, stop it. I am really sorry I'm just playing with your feelings. Call me a jerk or not, I'm truthfully sorry but I can't allow you to go insult her like that. She had done nothing wrong. If it weren't for me, we'll still be together strong as ever up to now. I'm sorry. Naeun, I don't mean to hurt you, but I guess I can't love you back." Myungsoo said.

Naeun shoved his hands off. "I can't stand this anymore." Naeun said in a shaky tone.

Her voice was trembling and Naeun looked at both Jiyeon and Myungsoo before storming off the press room.


 

There'll be more intense happenings from here. This story might end soon too.

Anyway, what would you like to see from Myungyeon in this story? (like what type of moments, etc)

COMMENT BELOW. :)