13/Thirteen/XIII.

Chance Upon a Future

Stay With Me.

Be by my side and never change.

Jiyeon woke up in a bright Thursday morning as she yawned dreamily. She took her phone out from the drawers and smiled at the date. It was the day where Myungsoo's album and MV would be released. Feeling excited and elated to see Myungsoo, she hopped into her chair and pushed herself towards the desk as she turned her laptop on. She carried the laptop to the living room. Placing it on the sofa, she hopped back up on her feet and walked to the kitchen, later returning to the laptop with a bowl of ramyun on her hand. She placed the bowl of ramyun on the coffee table, removed her bedroom slippers as she wiggled her toes up onto the sofa.

She then pressed play on the laptop and Myungsoo's debut single MV was shown. She could not stop squealing his name whenever she saw him appear in the MV. The MV had a storyline, it was Myungsoo chasing after an unknown girl, but it was through social media and he tried all sorts of way but to realise the girl he liked already had a boyfriend. Jiyeon could not divert her eyes from the laptop screen. Myungsoo had looked too alluring and she was indeed captivated by his charms and his handsome face. Seeing his MV had made Jiyeon missed him even more. They did not talk since the last time they talked to each other on the phone 2 days another. They did not messaged each other, neither did they call each other.

Jiyeon finished up her bowl of ramyun, as she dashed into her room, exiting with her phone while looking at Myungsoo's chat log. She then sat on the sofa while looking at the phone hesitantly. She was thinking whether to send him a message or anything, or maybe call him. After several thoughts, she then started messaging him.

From Jiyeon,

Your debut album and MV was freaking amazing! I'm your first fangirl, remember that~

Jiyeon smiled as his reply soon came after.

From Myungsoo,

Thanks! Your comment means a lot to me. I love you a lot, and I miss you badly.

Jiyeon smiled and blushed upon reading him confess his attraction for her countless of times over and over again. She then replied back immediately:

From Jiyeon,

You are having your debut in M!Coundown today evening right? Maybe I can find you before my stage or when I'm free? I really miss you a lot.

From Myungsoo,

Yeah, my debut stage today before my showcase. Okay, you can find me when I text you. Probably when hyung or the stylists are not in my dressing room.

Jiyeon shut her phone, while smiling in pure bliss. She was elated, excited and happy for Myungsoo. She could not wait any longer just to catch a glimpse of him, and to feel his warmth around her. She was glad Myungsoo was promoting his debut in a same time relatively as hers. 

 

Her moment of bliss and happiness was interrupted as Luna came into her apartment. Luna then placed down shopping bags of groceries and stuff Jiyeon had requested while Luna fanned herself with her hands as she made herself comfortable with a glass of iced water from Jiyeon's kitchen.

Jiyeon shut her laptop and placed the laptop back into her room while scratching the back of her head messily. With her bed hair and her woke-up face, she went over and checked at what Luna bought while Luna started reciting her schedule for today through her small navy notebook Luna always brought along whenever together with Jiyeon.

"Ah, do I really have some CFs and interviews again? I thought I recently did them." Jiyeon said.

"You have this CF with Shara Shara, you recently signed with them do you remember? Anyway, this CF is only for the afternoon, now you need to go to KBS for some interview." Luna explained.

Jiyeon sighed. She rarely had any rest since her debut a month ago. She was also preparing for her follow-up promotions, where she will promote "Unconditionally", one of her hand-written songs. The song is about loving someone unconditionally, meaning you'll love him no matter what circumstances are there, and how bright and blissful is one's love for the other, and how they love each other so deeply and mesmerisingly. 

Jiyeon had been having practices over and over, with massive fanmeetings, concerts, small-venue performances and music show performances and all her interviews and CFs (endorsement advertisements) are keeping her schedule packed. She rarely had enough time to relax, she would always wake up at 6 everyday and leaves her apartment by 8, and she would return back home at near midnight. Her album sales were widely well-received, with her debut single Sugar Free topping charts for a week, while her other tracks have occupied the top 50 in the charts. Her MV for Unconditionally was also set to be released in the next week and teasers for the MV have been released.

Jiyeon got changed as Tiffany came into her apartment soon after, carrying huge make-up boxes and unboxing them to style her hair, applying her make-up and getting her dressed in the interview outfit.

She was now dressed in her favourite style - comfortable, stylish manner with an oversized white crop top and a midi plaid skirt, topped with grey socks over black platform shoes. She then went into her van to complete her remaining schedules for the day.

 

Jiyeon have completed her schedules and she was deadly exhausted at the end of the CF shoot earlier on with Shara Shara. She was now in her dressing room in the backstage of M!Countdown, where she will be performing her 5th and last performance for Sugar Free which then she will proceed performing for her next single next week when the MV drops out. She was using her phone while Tiffany was busy styling her hair.

A new stylist assitant of Tiffany stood beside her. She introduced herself as Gwen, and she is an korean-american stylist. She wore american-styled clothes, beige crop top and white skirt with high heels. She was busy applying eyeliners and lipsticks onto Jiyeon, while Tiffany was busy dolling her hair up. 

Luna went out of the room to talk and discuss with the producers and the stage crews while Tiffany and Gwen went to sort out the make-up products one by one, while Jiyeon turned herself against the stylists while secretly clicking onto Myungsoo's chat.

From Jiyeon,

Hey are you free, or is the 'coast' clear?

Jiyeon messaged. Surprisingly, Myungsoo replied shortly after.

From Myungsoo,

Yeah, except my stylists are in here. But they don't really care. My manager might be coming back soon though, but we're friends so it's pretty safe to come here. Come here quick, can't wait to see you again.

Jiyeon picked herself up while tidying her outfit and her hair. She then stammered her feet, bitting her lips nervously when she slowly made her way to the door quietly when Luna shocked her by entering the room unexpectedly.

"Where are you going, Jiyeon-ah?" Luna asked in shock.

Jiyeon then blinked her eyes while she cleared . She gulped and replied, "Uh, I want to find Myungsoo." 

"Myungsoo? For what?" Luna asked further.

Jiyeon bit her lips. She was getting frustrated and her brain was too confused to think of an excuse. She then forked out another excuse, "You know he's debuting today, as a friend I want to go and talk to him and support him in his debut,that's all. Can I go and find him?"

Luna looked at her suspiciously. She then cleared her suspicion soon after and nodded her head in defeat. Everyone would give in to see Jiyeon's pitiful face as she would look at them and frowned in a sad manner. "Alright, alright. Don't take too long, you need to get ready too. I'll give you 20 minutes at the most." Luna instructed her.

"Thanks, I'll be back soon!" Jiyeon said in excitement before skipping out of her dressing room and heading into Myungsoo's dressing room.

She opened the door slightly after knocking the door to be revealed Hongbin, Myungsoo's manager talking to Myungsoo about his debut stage. She looked at them in shocked, stunned expression while both of them turned to look at Jiyeon whom was standing at the door.

"Oh, hi?" Hongbin said while looking at Jiyeon in a curious, stunned manner.

Myungsoo looked at her nervously while bitting his lips in a cute, flustered manner. Jiyeon then forced a faint smile at Hongbin, before introducing herself.

"Oh you are Myungsoo's friend? Alright, I guess I can spare some time for you to chat with him. I'll give you all 10 minutes at least, alright?" Hongbin said before patting onto Myungsoo's shoulders and left the dressing room.

"Who's that?" Jiyeon asked as she sat on the chair beside Myungsoo.

"My manager." Myungsoo replied.

"You sound as if you will break down due to stress anytime." Jiyeon commented.

Myungsoo looked around the room, it was empty. Grabbing the chance, he then held onto Jiyeon's hand and squeezed it tightly between his palms. "This is all I needed. Your touch. Now I'm fine." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon looked at him in disgusted manner. "Weird. You're totally weird." Jiyeon commented.

Myungsoo then smiled and he leaned towards her and kissed her lips briefly. "Hmm that kiss makes it even better too." Myungsoo added on which Jiyeon looked at him in disgust again.

"So did the script meeting go well?" Jiyeon asked.

"Yeah, it went well. The actors and actress were all good-looking, I think I might be shadowed by them in this drama." Myungsoo commented.

Jiyeon smirked. "Yah, just do it well." Jiyeon said while their hands are still held together.

They continued chatting before Jiyeon jumped away from Myungsoo upon hearing Hongbin came back into the dressing room.

"Oh you're still here?" Hongbin asked.

Jiyeon got his hint as she smiled at him and bowed at him. "I'm about to leave anyway, sorry to disturb again. I'll make my move." Jiyeon said before leaving his room quietly.

"I never heard you mentioning her." Hongbin suddenly said.

"She's just my friend. Nothing much to say about." Myungsoo said in a lower tone, while not trying to expose anything to Hongbin.

 

As Jiyeon left the room, she was walking back to her dressing room to overheard some stylists talking to each other while holding onto their individual clothes rack along the corridor. She ignored them and brisked across them but to hear them talking about something that have caught her attention.

She continued walking but she heard a part of their conversation which shocked her. She stood away from them while recollecting what she have heard from them.

"I really can't stand Myungsoo. It's really hard you know, like he's so demanding sometimes. Like I was given instructions to style him but he just wants it to be styled in his own way. It's really hard on me and he just won't compromise with me. He just keeps making a scene out of it. Hongbin had to handle him countless of times and it just irks me. He wasn't so arrogant last time. He begun acting like this recently." One of them said.

"Really? He seemed quite well-mannered though." The other replied.

"Well he was initially. He became so cocky recently. God knows what got into him." The other commented.

"Must be fame got into his brain. Celebrity disease again." The other said.

Jiyeon bit her lips. She was quite furious over what the stylists gossiped earlier on. However, she held back her anger before entering back into her dressing room where she reflected on everything again.

The whole thought of Myungsoo acting all arrogant over his celebrity status worried and bugged Jiyeon's mind throughout the entire M!Countdown performance. From different performances in the entire show, she kept thinking and thinking. Part of her hopes everything was just a lie and Myungsoo was the Myungsoo she knew - soft-spoken, charming, kind and cheerful guy like how she knew him and met him during trainee days.

The M!Countdown came to an end. Jiyeon was finding for Myungsoo in the backstage with an excuse given to Luna that she dropped something around the corridor. Luna was kind enough to allow her to find it, she initially wanted to accompany Jiyeon but Jiyeon managed to persuade her not to. 

Luna and Tiffany was in her dressing room packing the stuff up while Jiyeon stood outside Myungsoo's dressing room. She scanned her head left and right. There was no one. She heaved a sigh of relief. 

However, she heard Myungsoo's voice near around her spot. She then stepped close to the sound of his voice. Hiding behind the walls, she saw Myungsoo and a few fangirls together.

The fangirls were getting Myungsoo's autograph and Myungsoo chatted with them, telling them to study hard and everything well for them. The fangirls were all smiling widely while some were tearing up upon seeing him. They were all squealing at him in high excitement while Jiyeon smiled upon seeing the sight.

*Myungsoo's just so caring to his fans.* Jiyeon thought and the thought made her smile.

Myungsoo then sent the fans off while he walked towards Jiyeon, probably heading back into his dressing room until a stage crew came and hit his chest with his cup of hot americano. His americano was now spilled and drenched onto Myungsoo's white shirt he was wearing. Myungsoo looked at the stage crew with an annoyed face.

"Yah, you punk you don't know how to walk? You spilled coffee over me and it is so freaking hot? Can't you see where you go and do you even know you hit me? Why don't you even say sorry god damn it?" Myungsoo yelled.

The stage crew stuttered while lowered his head in shame and apologised.

"Yah, call me Myungsoo, you obviously should know me since I just debut successfully. Just get lost man." Myungsoo said while sweeping his stained shirt with his bare fingers before cleaning his fingers on his trousers.

Jiyeon bit her lips while she ran away. 

*Myungsoo might have changed a lot.* Jiyeon thought as she frowned.


 

I almost didn't wanted to update today cos I'm feeling lazy and all. But anyway, here goes for my lovely readers and subscribers. Lots of love for yall!