12/Twelve/XII.

Chance Upon a Future

Famous, Fame, Fab.

A different time.

Jiyeon continued staring at her phone. Myungsoo did not messaged her for 3 days and it was creeping out her. She was worried sick as she have messaged him countless of times but she did not gain any reply from him. She tried calling his number secretly in between breaks and free time, but his phone was always busy and unavailable. Jiyeon placed the phone down on her dressing table after another attempt of calling him. 

Luna came into the room along with her stylist Tiffany which came in with a set of white clothes. Tiffany passed to Jiyeon as Jiyeon stood up and got changed in a makeshift changing area in the dressing room. After being dressed in the stage outfit - simple white crop top paired with white checkered skirt, Tiffany went over and tidied her outfit, ensuring zippers were all functional and that she have buttoned her skirt. She then went over, squatted down and changed her shoes into a black boot, paired with high knee-length black socks. 

Tiffany came to and fro from the desk, carrying various pieces to Jiyeon as she coordinated her outfit with some fancy black earrings and hair pins. Jiyeon followed Tiffany back to the dressing table and styled her hair, styling her hair as she tidied her hair up. She then started spraying hair spray on the hair, while bending over and applying some fierce black eyeliner on her eyes. She then applied some skin-coloured blush while giving her a cool purple lips just to give a twist in her look and a focus point on her entire look.

Luna was on her phone as she suddenly exited the room while on an infuriating call while Tiffany stood beside the clothing rack, while sorting out the clothes on the rack and the accessories on a small white desk beside the clothing rack. Jiyeon looked around before looking at her phone. No missed calls or unread messages. Jiyeon sighed as she rest her head against the back of the chair while staring at her phone that was resting on her lap blankly. 

Just then, her phone buzzed and it was Myungsoo that was calling. Jiyeon widened her eyes as a smile slowly crept between her lips. Standing up and tidying her skirt, she looked at Tiffany who was preoccupied with arranging her apparel. "Uh, Tiffany unnie, I'll go take a call alright?" Jiyeon said.

Tiffany nodded her head and gave her a thumbs up while she hurriedly left the room, while picking the call up. Seeing there were other idols and artists crowded around the corridor, "Hi." She said while not calling out Myungsoo's name lest not to attract any unwanted attention from any other people.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon fastened her pace before she came into a secluded area of the corridor backstage. She then placed the phone back at her ears. "Hey, sorry, I was just running away from other people. Now it's empty and I'm safe to talk. Anyway, where have you been? You're totally missing in action with me for the past week." Jiyeon whined.

"Sorry, was being practicing for acting and my debut." Myungsoo said.

"Your debut is in 2 days right?" Jiyeon confirmed with him.

"Yeah, it's so stressing me out. I also got this audition I need to attend, fanmeets and interviews. There's so much schedule for me every single day." Myungsoo complained.

"What audition?" Jiyeon asked in shock.

"I'm auditioning for this upcoming drama called My Lovable Girl, I'm trying to get the 2nd male lead. The company wants me to do it anyway, and yeah it's sort of a new challenge for me, and also a good opportunity for me too, so why not? But it's so tiring to act and all." Myungsoo explained.

"Don't worry, I'll support you no matter what, and you'll definitely do well for the audition. Good luck!" Jiyeon said. 

"Yeah, hey I better hang up I need to go for vocal training. See you soon." Myungsoo said and hung up the call immediately before Jiyeon could utter anymore word onto the phone.

She hide the phone in her pockets while stuffing her hands into the pockets of the skirt. She then slowly walked back into her dressing room where Luna was pacing around the room frantically.

"Yah, Jiyeon, hurry up the crew wants you to prepare for your stage. Been trying to find you, where have you been?" Luna asked her worriedly.

Jiyeon placed Luna's arms off her shoulders while smiling at her, "Ah I was just using the ladies. I'll get going." Jiyeon replied as she went to perform on stage.

 

Myungsoo was on his way to the audition. He was practicing the script on the van while Hongbin (Myungsoo's manager) was busy driving the car and looking at the GPS screen beside the steering wheel. Myungsoo stared at the script while his eyes was tearing up as he yawned dreamily.

He then rested his head against the seat while shutting his eyes. He was exhausted. He was stressed out, over his debut and his acting audition for My Lovable Girl. He really wanted to pass the audition and get accepted as the 2nd male lead, and he also wanted to see his debut to succeed - by topping charts and winning trophies from music shows. The fact that his debut album and MV would be released in 2 days time stressed him up too. He had also been practicing and training non-stop for his acting career and his debut. 

From vocal trainings to guitar lessons and acting classes, Myungsoo's schedule everyday has been jam-packed. The van had stopped at the entrance of the SBS building. Myungsoo was guided by Hongbin to the waiting room where there are many actors and idols seated waiting for their auditions. 

A staff came towards Myungsoo and Hongbin. She wore black round spectacles, and had a geeky look in her. She held onto a black clipboard, while passing over an application form. "Please fill this up, you'll be the next one to audition. You're almost late for the audition." The girl said.

Hongbin then apologised to the staff as he went back and sat beside Myungsoo, while Myungsoo was busy filling up the application form. After submitting the form back to the staff, the staff brought Myungsoo into the audition room. Myungsoo clenched his fists as the door opened and he was greeted by a panel of judges.

There was a chair in the middle, while a long table stood infront of the chair, while the judges were seated behind the table. There were a total of 5 judges and Myungsoo took in a huge breath before greeting the judges and then sitting on the chair. The judges were smiling widely at Myungsoo and their smiles made Myungsoo even more nervous.

Taking another gulp, Myungsoo then introduced himself to the judges, whom were all seemed pleased by his introduction as they wore faint smiles on their faces.

One of the ladies then begun, "Hi Kim Myungsoo-sshi, please act out the lines provided for you please."

Myungsoo nodded his head and stood up. He cleared his throat before exerting full force in his acting. He placed his hardwork, all the week of training and talking to himself onto this chance, he acted it out and executed the lines perfectly with his flawless emotions and expressions. His swift-thinking and fast-paced thinking made his emotions smoothly conveyed through his voice and he carried out the lines in a outstanding manner.

The judges all clapped for him. One of the judge even stood up from his seat and clapped for him while Myungsoo bowed at them. Seeing all of the judges' pleased looks on their face made Myungsoo at ease. He sighed in relief before taking his seat. The judges looked into their papers, writing and checking with each other while looking up at Myungsoo, giving short smiles before being pre-occupied with their paperwork again.

One of the judges then looked back up at Myungsoo with a satisfied smile. "Alright, thank you so much Myungsoo-sshi, we had a great time assessing you. You did well. Please look forward to the results. We'll call you within today." The judge said as Myungsoo thanked them once more before heading out of the room.

"So how did it go?" Hongbin asked.

"Ah, I'm not sure. I tried my best. They seemed satisfied, but I'm worried though." Myungsoo said hesitantly.

Hongbin smiled and patted his back gently. "Don't worry Myungsoo-ah, it'll go well. Have faith in yourself." Hongbin stated.

Myungsoo nodded his head. "Oh and by the way, we need to get to a fanmeeting in Daejeon, we need to leave now. Get all of your belongings." Hongbin instructed.

Myungsoo whined and complained while Hongbin shown him no concern. Myungsoo sighed in defeat before heading back into the van where he was then sent for his next schedule.

 

Jiyeon was now at home, sitting on her sofa watching some television with a bowl of popcorn beside her. She crossed her legs up on the sofa as she tied her hair into a ponytail while grabbing a pillow in between her legs and placing her bowl of popcorn on the pillow. Shuffling through the channels, she stopped at Mnet's channel.

The news on Mnet caught attention of her as it was Myungsoo's interview. She recognised the interviewer, which was MiYoung, the one whom interviewed her as well. She then paid close attention to the interview. Mi Young asked several questions regarding to the album to Myungsoo and Myungsoo replied it in a funny manner. He was stuttering on some of his words and his embarrassing shaking voice made Jiyeon chuckle countless of times as he failed to pronounce some words constantly due to nervousness.

Jiyeon laughed again as she heard him repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Mi Young continued the interview with professionalism, hiding her laughters in a naturally manner before proceeding to the next few questions. 

"So Myungsoo-sshi, we heard you were good friends, close to be exact with Park Jiyeon, is that true?" Mi Young asked.

Jiyeon's heart sunk. She bit her lips nervously as she feared his reply.

"Yeah. We're close friends during trainee days. To be honest, she's my closest friend being a trainee in Kyo Music, the only one I'm comfortable with since she shares a similar lifestyle and personality as me. I guess we click well?" 

Jiyeon heaved a sigh of relief. *Thank god he didn't expose it in anyway.* Jiyeon thought.

"Click well? Does it mean you might have any special feelings for her maybe she herself didn't know about?" Mi Young asked while giving a sly smile.

Jiyeon gulped in horror.

"Nah, I mean that as friends. I feel like I can connect to her as friends. That's why I feel very comfortable with her. I will splurt literally everything about myself to her. She will too, thats why we're so close and all. Since we're both debuting at the same time, just that she was earlier than me, I feel really elated too to see her debut and for her to see my debut it must be swell for her too." Myungsoo explained.

Jiyeon smiled upon hearing his words. She then started blushing while picking his phone. Stopping at his contact, she then dialled his number but to receive a busy line. She called again but the result were the same. She then placed the phone down. Looking at her phone again, she then picked it up hesitantly and messaged Myungsoo.

From Jiyeon,

What are you doing now? :)

 

On the other hand, Myungsoo was having his fanmeet. He met countless of fans so far and more fans were streaming to get his autograph. Each of his fan was given 10 seconds to talk to him and get his signature and every moment so far was priceless for the rookie Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo oppa, you're so handsome and talented. You're trully so inspirational! You're totally my idol!" One of his fans shrieked.

"Oppa, you're awesome as hell. I hope every guy in this world looks like you and have such a cool personality and passion for music like you!" Another commented.

"Oppa, you're so handsome, hot and y! You're just a complete boyfriend package for every girl out there!" Another said.

"Myungsoo oppa, stay strong and healthy! Your musicianship was totally amazing for a rookie! You deserve all the music awards at the end of the year!" Another complimented him.

Hearing all these compliments over and over made Myungsoo smile. His heart was beating fast and he was feeling the adrenaline of the continuous praises from his fans and his people around him. He felt something different upon hearing all these praises. He felt as if he was on top of the world, different from the people out there in the world. He felt special, someone special to everyone.

Just then, Hongbin passed him his phone at the end of the fanmeeting as he finished signing the autograph for the last fan. He picked the call up and answered, "Hello?"

"Hi Kim Myungsoo-sshi? I am Seungho, I am the director for My Lovable girl. Congratulations as we have some good news for you, you are selected and confirmed to be our 2nd male lead, named Si Woo, and you will come down for drama script meeting tomorrow at noon." Seungho said.

Myungsoo widened his eyes in shock. He then thanked Seungho before hanging up on the call. Hongbin went beside him and grabbed him by the shoulders frantically. With worried and hopeful eyes, Hongbin then asked him about the call and the results of the audition.

Myungsoo grinned widely at him. "Hyung, I got the role. I freaking got the role! I GOT THE ROLE!" Myungsoo shouted as he was jumping around the spot in estacy.

"Good job! Myungsoo-ah, I'm so proud of you!" Hongbin said as Myungsoo hugged him as he was tearing up in joy.

Myungsoo felt the same feeling again. He felt like he was on top of others.

 

Back in his dorm room, Jiyeon called Myungsoo during midnight.

"Myungsoo, how did the drama audition went?" She asked.

"It went great. I got it." Myungsoo stated in a delightful tone.

"Really? Congratulations! You did well!" Jiyeon cheered.

"Of course, I'm great and so darn awesome. That's what I am. Made of awesome genes." Myungsoo boasted.

"Yah, stop complimenting yourself." Jiyeon hissed.

"I miss you." Myungsoo said.

"I miss you too." Jiyeon said. "Can I meet you sometime, or do you want to come over some time?" Jiyeon asked him.

"I can't, I got so many things to do. I'll see when I'm free, I might want to come and find you. Anyway, I'm tired, talk to you sometime later." Myungsoo said and hung up the call.

Jiyeon sat on her bed as she placed the phone down beside the nightstand. That night, she felt lonely again like her old self.


 

Here's a slightly late update, but nonetheless enjoy!

Don't fear to comment, I'm all ears to hear what you have to say about my story! :)