17/Seventeen/XVII.

Chance Upon a Future

Guardian Angel.

Care, Love, Help.

"I'm meeting director today. Is here here yet?" Jiyeon asked the receptionist.

The receptionist looked at her with an annoyed look. "Wait a moment, I'll contact his secretary personally first." She said with a fake smile while lowering her head and used the telephone. After a moment of ringing and calling, the receptionist got back to Jiyeon. "Please just have a seat right there, director's secretary Hyeri would be attending to you soon." The receptionist said while Jiyeon went to have a seat on the couch beside the reception desk while the receptionist secretly flashed a crazy stare at Jiyeon before lowering her head at the computer screen behind the desk.

Hyeri soon came out from the door while wearing a simple office look of a pink pastel dress with a flowery necklace and some white high heels as she came holding onto a folder of documents. She then bowed at Jiyeon while Jiyeon immediately stood up from the seat and bowed back while greeting her politely.

"The director is inside his room. I'll bring you in to his office." Hyeri said as Jiyeon thanked her as she guided Jiyeon into Seungho's office room.

Jiyeon greeted Myungsoo while Seungho stood up and pointed the seat infront of his desk. After Jiyeon took her seat, Seungho sat down while Jiyeon bit her lips while lowered her head.

Seungho looked at her curiously. "May I know why are you here today?" Seungho asked.

Jiyeon hummed and stuttered her words. She stammered her words and said, "I heard of the news of Myungsoo being dropped out from your drama. News sites is reporting it madly and netizens were all in rage at Myungsoo. I really hope you would bring him back into the drama." 

Seungho sighed. He then turned his chair and opened the window blinds before having a relaxed look at the beautiful skyline outside the window. "You know, we have no choice. We just can't tolerate his behaviour. Many staffs and even I disapprove of his behaviour. We have no choice but to drop him out." Seungho stated.

Jiyeon sighed. "But I thought we... we made a prom.promise?" Jiyeon asked worriedly.

Seungho smirked and turned back to face Jiyeon and shook his head. "Nah, I don't just make empty promises like that." Seungho replied.

Jiyeon bit her lips. "What would make you change your mind then?" Jiyeon asked.

"Nothing really. His behavious is just like that. No use covering it up. The media reports his behaviour, and it's the truth. It's not merely just a rumour, it's a fact. Sooner or later, this horrible behaviour of his will be exposed eventually." Seungho explained while crossing his arms.

"Park Jiyeon, you're a talented artist as well. No doubt Myungsoo is talented, his acting is pretty decent, quite good for a rookie or someone that just learned acting recently. Moreover, you got a nice figure.. Maybe if you.. you know what I'm talking, maybe I might reconsider." Seungho said while raising one of his brows in a seductive manner.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and gasped in shock. She held her fist tightly while she stuttered and said, "Wh..What?" 

"You know what I'm saying." Seungho whispered to her seductively.

Jiyeon stood up. "I don't think I am going to do this. I'm not going to risk my body and give my ity to some weird, erted and sick-in-the-mind director like you." Jiyeon harshly replied while holding onto her clutch tightly.

Seungho laughed at her in a slow manner. "I'll give you some days to reconsider, if you are willing, call me. Here's my name card." Seungho said as he gave her a piece of his namecard. Jiyeon crushed the namecard infront of his face before rushing out of his office.

Hyeri, whom was sitting on her desk outside the director's office, stood up and grabbed Jiyeon's wrist before she could dash away. "Jiyeon-sshi, is everything alright?" She asked curiously.

Jiyeon looked at her with an expressionless face and shoved her hands off. While caressing her hurt wrist she nodded her head while shutting and controling her tears, hiding her tears behind her eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll make my move, thank you anyway." She said before rushing out of the office.

Hyeri sat back down on her desk while turning around and peeking at the window and between the blinds shown Seungho the director laughing at himself hysterically. Hyeri got the cold shivers from the sight as she turned back to face her computer screen. "Ah, I should really quit my job someday. This job is creepy as hell." Hyeri cursed under her breath.

 

Jiyeon went back into her van. "Hey, how did it go, Jiyeon-ah?" Luna asked curiously.

"Unnie." Jiyeon said in a solemn manner. Luna turned around to see Jiyeon's stern face. She was seriously staring into blank space. 

Luna grew curious and was more worried when she saw Jiyeon's face. She then patted on her shoulders. "Jiyeon-ah, what happened? Why do you have such a straight face?" Luna asked impatiently.

"Unnie.." Jiyeon said. "That guy is a jerk. I should have known that." Jiyeon added on.

"What did he do to you?" Luna said as she grew furious.

"I wanted him to bring Myungsoo back in. He disagreed and was persistent on it initially, but he started checking me out and said he would consider bringing him back into the drama if I agreed to have with him." Jiyeon blurted in out.

"What?!" Tiffany shrieked in shock. "Is he nuts? What the heck is he? What type of director does that?!" Tiffany shouted in disbelief while Luna's mouth were widely opened in shock.

"Really? Did he really do that?!" Luna asked again.

Jiyeon nodded her head while Luna slammed her hands down onto her seat heavily. "Jiyeon-ah, don't you ever think of that deal he made. Don't you ever do that. Forget about bringing Myungsoo back into the drama, such type of scumbag director deserves no sympathy or anything from you. Just forget about all these and carry on with your idol life." Luna instructed her but Jiyeon was feeling uneasy.

"But Myungsoo." Jiyeon said in hesitation.

Tiffany then leaned her body to Jiyeon, "Jiyeon-ah, that's not the point. Even if it's for Myungsoo, you shouldn't do it. What's important for you and for girls in general is dignity, you shouldn't stoop so low just to get things in your way. It's just so wrong and morally wrong as well. It will be bad for your image and it will also mean bad to Myungsoo too. Don't forget, whatever you do might affect Myungsoo too. What would Myungsoo think about that? He would be grossed out by it, and your relationship with him will be strained even further." Tiffany persuaded her. 

"Then Myungsoo's acting career and his music career is gone." Jiyeon said. "I'd rather him to succeed then for me to be judged and hated by him and everyone else." Jiyeon said in tears as she started tearing up.

Luna gasped and turned and glared at Jiyeon angrily. "Yah! Park Jiyeon! Wake up! Your career and life is important? Why do you care about Myungsoo so much?! You are always caring about Myungsoo more than yourself! Yourself needs care too! Why are you being so brave and strong? You need to take care of yourself too. We both are worrying over your well-being, we don't want to see you fall and hated by everybody." Luna raised her voice.

Jiyeon sobbed and replied, "It's because I loved him too deeply." 

"I really fell hard in love with him. Since the first day I met him, and ever since we dated, my life was basically complete. Without him, I'm dying each day of heart ache." Jiyeon explained.

"Then patch up with him. He needs you the most. I am pretty sure he's suffering really badly now. You need to take care of him, and don't accept the director's horrible degrading offer." Tiffany said.

"But will he even accept me back, after all I initated the breakup." Jiyeon said.

"He needs you now. I am pretty sure he hasn't got over you yet." Tiffany comforted her.

 

Jiyeon went to look for Myungsoo the next night after considering and thinking heavily about this entire matter. Myungsoo had concluded his debut promotions and he no longer had any schedules lately. He would occasionally have interviews, but the amount of schedules Myungsoo had initially have decreased drastically.

Jiyeon stopped at the door step as she took in a huge breath. She clenched her fist as she reached her hands to the door before hesitating. Putting back her hand down she stepped back in shock as the door soon opened without her demand. She widened her eyes to see Myungsoo at the door.

"W..What?" Myungsoo said in shock while looking at Jiyeon in disbelief. He blinked his eyes again to check if he was actually dreaming about her, but in fact she was really standing in front of him.

"Myungsoo." Jiyeon said softly.

Myungsoo then tidied his hair while ducking his head down as he placed his hands into his pockets on his pair of sweatpants. "What are you here for? I am going to buy some snacks." Myungsoo said in a cold manner.

Jiyeon then placed her hands at the back while holding onto each other tightly. "Are you okay?" Jiyeon asked worriedly as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Myungsoo smirked at her while looking up at her. "You must be happy now. I am suffering so much after you broke up with me saying I've changed into a horrible person. Guess you must be glad I'm suffering from this change you have been saying about me." Myungsoo retorted back at her.

Myungsoo then closed the door as he wore his sneakers while Jiyeon stood beside him, leaning her body against the concrete wall while looking at Myungsoo wearing his sneakers and grabbing his wallet on the ground. Jiyeon remained silent, until she swiftly took his hand as he inched away from her. 

"I'll buy for you. What do you need?" Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo took a stern glance at her before pushing her hands away and caressing the part of his hand that she gripped on before saying, "Why do you need to buy for me? I'm all well and healthy, I can do it on my own. It's not as if I'm paralysed or anything like that."

"You sure you want to go like this? You are so hated now, and you want to show your face outside and get bitten by those haters out there? The haters are ferocious, they'll do anything, they'll stoop low to just make you fall even harder so that you will be disgraced about your scandal." Jiyeon nagged at him.

"I did nothing wrong." Myungsoo said.

"You know very well you did something wrong. You know you are sad, depressed and afraid to go out. Look at yourself and know yourself. Let me just buy for you." Jiyeon sternly replied.

Myungsoo abided by her orders and gave her a list of groceries to Jiyeon. Jiyeon grabbed the keys off his hand as he returned back into his apartment while slouching down onto his sofa as he the television which flashed the music program on the television. His mind wandered to Jiyeon as he grew furious and irritated by Jiyeon's sudden presence.

He slammed his hand on the couch. "Why is she here? Why is she so concerned with me?" Myungsoo said before he thought about his actions. Indeed he was a little harsh on her and he kind of regretted his actions earlier on. Myungsoo sighed as he lowered his head.

He spread his legs on his sofa while lying down flat on the sofa while staring at his ceiling blankly. Myungsoo then sighed before he thought about the entire scandal. He was indeed unhappy since the scandal broke out. The news of him being dropped out by the drama was shocking and devastating for Myungsoo.

He watched as the shadows set around the room as cars passed by his block of apartment outside while he the lamp beside him. The lights illuminated around him while he sat right up on the sofa. He had deeply regretted his actions and he felt like he was receiving the soul retribution for his actions he did.

He was starting to realise his cocky behaviour and he could not help but to blame himself and feel horrible of himself. He did not know what got into him and how did he slowly became so cocky, arrogant and rude. He also started to notice that he was spending less time and cared less of Jiyeon when he debuted over a long time. 

After 2 months of his debut, he was receiving much blacklash from the netizens and people around him. Everyone started going on his back as he no longer had anyone close to talk to. His parents was never in Korea for long, they were living in Japan as his father worked at there and the mother moved to Japan to accompany his father. His childhood friends ignored him since the scandal and his idol friends had isolated themselves away from him since the scandal broke out. Everything was not going along as he wanted as he was feeling lonely more nowsadays.

Jiyeon soon came back as she opened the door and revealed bags and bags of groceries into his apartment. She placed the bags down onto the ground before carrying it back up and transferring them into the kitchen.

Myungsoo then went to the kitchen, standing away from Jiyeon while muttering, "Thank you." He said.

Jiyeon turned and nodded at him while placing the groceries into the drawers and the refrigerator as she unpacked the bags and bags full of groceries. Myungsoo then tried to help out but failed as Jiyeon would snatch the stuff away from him and placed them into the respective storage areas.

After unpacking the groceries, Jiyeon was about to go as she grabbed her bag.

"Are you leaving?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon looked at him. "Yeah.." Jiyeon said calmly.

"uh." Myungsoo hummed.

"I'd better get going." Jiyeon said.

"I'm sorry for breaking up with you." Jiyeon said. She then walked out of his apartment. 

"J..Jiyeon." He called out but he was late.


 

Enjoy the update! 

Comment down below on your thoughts.

Have a pleasant day~ :)