F/Six/6/VI.

Chance Upon a Future

AVANT GARDE.

We're like diamonds in the sky.

"Okay, Jiyeon. Diamonds it is, you may start now." Hoya said.

Jiyeon cleared as the music played in the speakers. She then started singing, in a soulful, emotional voice. As she sung, her mind was filled with memories together with Myungsoo, ever since they first met, into becoming friends and into becoming a romantic relationship with each other. She also thought of her mom, her dad whom she missed deeply and have not seen them for awhile.

"Find light in the beautiful sea, I just choose to be happy. You and I, you and I, we're like diamonds in the sky. You're shooting star I see, a vision of estacy, when you hold me, I'm alive, we're like diamonds in the sky. I knew that we become one right away, oh right away. At first sight, I felt the energy of the sun ra-ays, I saw the light inside your eyes. Shine bright, tonight, you and I, we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Eye to eye, so alive, we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky. Shine bright like a diamond, shine bright like a diamond, we're beautiful like diamonds in the sky." Jiyeon sung as she continued on with the rest of the song. 

Jiyeon finished the song as the judges were all wearing satisfied smiles on their face. Jieun clapped for her as the rest of the judges followed with her, clapping for Jiyeon. The atmosphere in the audition room soon turned quiet as the judges were then occupied with writing her audition report. 

They then discussed amongst themselves quietly with whispers to each other, all seemed to be discussing about Jiyeon and her performance. 

They all then turned to face Jiyeon again, and all of them were smiling at her. Taeyeon, whom was smiling the brightest clapped for her again and commented, "We really love your audition performance. You got a unique, great voice. Your raspy sound, the soothing husky voice of yours really go well with this song. I have to say, this was an excellent song choice. You did well." 

It was now Hyorin's turn to comment. She then looked at the paper on her clipboard before looking up at Jiyeon. "Jiyeon, I have to break to you a good news, you have a chance to debut. We'll get to you, but I just got to comment that, your performance was stunning. Not only vocal wise, but the emotions we get from you in this song, it was so powerful. We feel you through the song. Excellent emotion-relaying in your singing. I love it." Hyorin commented.

Jiyeon looked at them and bowed at them and thanked them softly while a tear escaped from the tears. The positive and encouraging comments she got from them warmed and touched her heart. The feeling where people acknowledge her hardwork and talent was truly touching for her. She felt so happy and relieved that her hardwork was well received by the judges. All her hardwork has been paid off.

Jieun then commented, "I've been your vocal coach for about seven months now since you entered Kyo Music. First of all, you have a natural great voice to start, but ever since the first month to the seventh month, I've could say you have improved tremendously. I'm pretty proud of a trainee like you. I appreciate your hardwork. Well done and keep it up."

Tears started to stream down her eyes and down her cheeks as she covered her face with both of her hands as she bowed at them once again, thanking them softly as she tried to stop her tears, but she was so emotional after hearing all the encouraging words from the judges.

She was thankful to them. Taeyeon soon stood up from her seat and passed her a pack of tissues. Jiyeon accepted them as Taeyeon patted on her back, "Don't cry, you've done very well. Don't worry." Taeyeon whispered into her ears.

Jiyeon nodded her head as she sniffed and sniffed while Hoya looked at her in awe. "Okay, I'm sorry if we actually made you nervous and cry earlier on, but you're amazing. Though there was not much of dance moves in your performance, but vocally wise, as a non-vocally-oriented background, I believe you can captivate alot of people's attention with that astounding voice of yours." Hoya commented.

Jiyeon thanked them again.

"Are you alright, Jiyeon-sshi?" Hyorin asked as she could see Jiyeon tearing up again.

"I'm fine. Actually, I'm crying tears of joy and relief. I... I.. am just... overjoyed and relieved that my hardwork was well paid off. I.. I thought I wasn't going to do well as I knew there are a lot of talented trainees out there. I even thought I wouldn't stand a chance against them." Jiyeon said. "Thank you for these comments, it really meant a lot to me. I... I.. guess its something sentimental to me." Jiyeon added on as she continued stuttering her words while she sniffed on her tissue paper given by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled and coaxed her by saying, "Indeed there are a lot of great talented trainees in your batch, you're one of them. You should be proud of yourself. Be happy that you worked hard and you have did your best and you will enjoy the great harvest of your hardwork. Anticipate for your results. Don't cry alright?"

Jiyeon nodded as she stopped crying soon after. She then thanked every judge once and again and the judges stood up and clapped for her before she left the room with red swollen eyes. 

As she exit, she could see she was targeted with eyes of trainees outside, eagerly waiting for their audition. The trainee sitting next the door looked up at her with curious eyes. Jiyeon dodged every stares of the trainees as she walked to the lift.

Just then she saw Myungsoo standing next to the lift, against the wall. Jiyeon then looked at him shock while Myungsoo smiled at her and gave her a thumbs up, while he remained silent. 

Jiyeon smiled and did not reply to him. They remained silent before silently entering the lift without anyone seeing and suspecting them at all. They did things stealthily all these while. Only in the lift did Jiyeon went over to hug Myungsoo tightly. Her tears landed on Myungsoo shoulders.

Myungsoo raised his hands to her back and slowly patted onto it. 

"Don't cry, you'll look bad." Myungsoo said. "You've tried your best. You'll do well, alright?" Myungsoo added on.

Jiyeon pulled away from the hug. "It's not that, it's just I am crying because I'm touched by their comments. They said I was good, I'm just so overjoyed and emotional because I felt that my hardwork has been paid off and I'm just emotionally relieved and thankful for them." Jiyeon explained as Myungsoo ruffled her hair.

"Of course, a talented girlfriend of mine will definitely do well." Myungsoo said as he pecked her lips. 

Jiyeon touched her lips and smiled at Myungsoo while Myungsoo reached his fingers out towards her eyes as he wiped the tears off. "We've reached the level already, stop crying alright. Otherwise we'll be exposed." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head.

She obeyed him and they were now acting normally as they pulled away from their embrace as the lift doors opened. They went to Myungsoo dorm again, secretly as Jiyeon took advantage when there was no one in the corridor to dash into Myungsoo's dorm. 

They stayed in Myungsoo's dorm, playing games on their phones together or just chatting under each other's embrace as soon it was Myungsoo's turn to audition. Jiyeon and him went out secretly from Myungsoo's dorm when the corridor turned empty and quiet as they quietly escaped from the level. 

Myungsoo waited outside the audition room, while Jiyeon hide away as she hide behind the walls of the corridor that lead to the elevators. She stood there, peeking from the walls at Myungsoo, whom curled his fingers together as he started stammering his feet on the ground.

Myungsoo looked down at the ground as he took in huge breaths. The trainees beside him were busy preparing their own auditions, remembering dance moves, song lyrics, some were stretching and some were warming up their vocals. Myungsoo then looked around and found Jiyeon hiding, just like how he was hiding earlier on before Jiyeon's audition. Jiyeon smiled at him and mouthed the words good luck to him.

Seeing Jiyeon's smile and how she was there for him made Myungsoo's heart flutter. He felt less nervous, and more confident - all thanks to Jiyeon. His name was soon called out by Taeyeon as the trainee left the room. He then took a huge breath in and gulped nervously as he took another glance at the smiling Jiyeon. 

He smiled back at her before he left his seat and entered the room.

Taeyeon greeted him while Hyorin was sipping on her bottle of water while writing notes on the papers on her clipboard. Jieun looked at him and gave him a cheeky smile while Hoya was nodding his head as he entered and make his way to the center spot.

Taeyeon looked at him and down at his information. She then said, "So, Kim Myungsoo. You're pretty good looking. Hah, anyway how are you today?" 

Myungsoo nodded. "Thank you, and I'm fine today." Myungsoo replied back politely.

Hoya then crossed his arms. "You brought a guitar with you?" Hoya said as he pointed as his guitar that was resting beside him. 

Myungsoo nodded his head. "Yeah I'm gonna play it and sing my favourite song today for the performance." Myungsoo stated.

"What could the song be?" Hyorin asked.

"I'm going to play my favourite song, In the Summer." Myungsoo replied back.

The judges smiled and nodded her head. "Alright, Myungsoo, you may begin." Taeyeon said as Myungsoo started singing.

He strummed the guitar strings as his soulful voice sung every part of the song well. His prounciation were crisp, his tone and notes were pitch perfect. After he performed the song, the judges clapped and begun their mini discussion as usual. They wrote down several notes down and they looked back up at Myungsoo.

Jieun then started to comment, "The guitar is a perfect touch for this performance. To see you able to control the guitar well while letting your vocals remain perfect was quite of a job well done for us especially since you're still a trainee. You've got hte potential and I'm glad that my trainee would do well." 

Hyorin then said, "I'm not too sure if you can hit high notes well, but you got a nice voice in your comfort zone. You can always venture out of comfort zones, but I guess the comfort zone made your voice stand really well. Good job. I would like to see you sing a larger range of notes but it's just my own picky preference."

"The performance was sweet. I like how you play your guitar and how you sing. It's really a cheerful and melodious song from you. Good job." Hoya said.

Then Taeyeon commented, "You're a fine young man. But I sort of agree with Hyorin on the lack of diversity of range. But nonetheless, despite that you are still great. We'll get back to you on the results. Please look forward to it." Taeyeon gave a hint to Myungsoo as Myungsoo widened his eyes in shock and thanked them profusely.

As he left the room, his mood was lifted as he felt elated after his audition. He was skipping out of the audition room literally and headed to lift to join back with Jiyeon who was standing there using her phone as she leaned against the wall, waiting for him patiently.

"Hey." He said normally.

Jiyeon looked around and replied back, "How did it went? Your audition." 

"Marvelous. I might stand a chance, hopefully. You too, you will definitely make it if I make it. If you don't, I'm not going to debut either." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon looked around nervously again and smacked his arm. "Yah, don't do that. If you can debut, just debut. Don't act all mighty and all. I won't feel great if you sacrifice your chance to debut for me." Jiyeon softly yelled at him.

Myungsoo sighed. "Alright, but you'll do well, alright. Just have faith in yourself." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head slowly.

"Let's have an early lunch." Myungsoo said.

"It's only 5! I am quite stuffed from the lunch." Jiyeon said as she looked at her watch.

"How can anyone feel full after a trainee meal! It's so little." Myungsoo said as he pulled her down to the cafeteria. They ended up eating their dinner at 5 as they were the only few people in the cafeteria.

 

The auditions soon ended and instructions were given to the trainees to report in the large auditorium - the place where they gather on their first day as a trainee. The auditorium was soon packed with the 50 trainees sitting in the front few seats of the auditorium.

The judges soon came and take their seats while Taeyeon went up on the stage and too the microphone. "Alright trainees, the audition results have been finalised. I'm pretty sure everyone is eager to know the results." Taeyeon said.

The trainees remained silent as everyone was paying attention and having all eyes on Taeyeon as she spoke on the microphone. Taeyeon then continued on and said, "Alright, before I announced the ones who have passed the audition, I need to issue a disclaimer to everyone." 

"It might sound dumb but if you get in, be proud and glad that you've worked hard and done well. Your hardwork have been paid off and you'll get to debut. If you do not get in, don't be discouraged. Take this audition as a stepping stone. You're not worser than them, you just don't get the chance. Not that I'm discouraging you all, but work harder for the next audition. Some of you worked hard for today's audition, but if you don't make it, continue working hard, your hardwork will eventually be paid off. No hardwork is not paid off. That's my words for all of you out there." Taeyeon stated.

"Without further ado, We'll flash out the successful trainees in the screen." Taeyeon said. The names were then flashed. 

Loud gasps could be heard in the crowd. Some were crying, some were squealing, some trainees smashed chairs, some trainees were outraged. Jiyeon widened her eyes as Myungsoo hurriedly hugged her in a joy. 

"Yah we did it!" He shouted. 

"Okay, let me read it all out." Taeyeon said. 

"So for the idol groups debut, the trainees for the boy group would be Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Sungjong and Sungyeol. For the female group, it would be Sunhwa, Jieun, Hyo Sung and Hana." Taeyeon stated.

She then added on, "For the solo act, congratulations to Park Jiyeon, Kim Myungsoo and Juniel. You all did well, trainees. Don't be upset if you didn't make it through, you will need more practice and with time you will definitely get the chance to debut. Fear not." Taeyeon said.

Taeyeon soon gathered the successful trainees. 

"Alright, so you all have been accepted and ready to debut. Congratulations." Taeyeon said.

The faces of the trainees were all great and bright, smiling widely while some were tearing up in joy. "Okay, we will pass you all your new schedules tomorrow, and you all will continue with training, but also with addition to debut preparations and all. This will include decision-making of debut like the song type and the image to portray, you all can take part in album making. You all can make songs and get them approved and all, you all can also take charge of the album concept and all. Kyo Music wants you all to innovate your own music career." Taeyeon stated.

The trainees nodded their heads. 

"Okay, work hard everyone of you. Your dream has just begun." Taeyeon concluded.


 

Enjoy this slightly early update! Hehe.

I'll try to update as often as I can. :)

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please. Your thoughts and support counts and means a lot to me.