C/Three/3/III.

Chance Upon a Future

THE UN-COOL KIDS

We always dream about this better life.

 

Another week of trainee passed. Jiyeon and Myungsoo had become more comfortable with each other. They talked and talked during meals, and both of them laughed at each other occasionally. Jiyeon did not knew why, but Myungsoo was the first person she was close to in Kyo Music..

It was the final schedule for the day and both Jiyeon and Myungsoo were having vocal lessons. Jieun got the class to sing a short piece of a song together, while Jieun carefully listen to every trainee closely. They were singing the song "Sunflower" and as Jieun walked past the trainees, Jiyeon was nervously singing as Jieun approached closer to her. Her feet started trembling, and her friend Myungsoo saw her as he was sitting beside her.

As Myungsoo was also singing along to the song, he then smacked Jiyeon's hand. Jiyeon looked at him while singing but she was still nervous.

She then suddenly cracked her voice all of the sudden, causing her to sing out of pitch for the rest of the song as she was unable to catch up with the melody and pitch of the song. 

At the end of the lesson, Coach Jieun went up to Jiyeon. "Are you alright, you were out of range and pitch today. Not only that, you aren't singing like you used to." Coach Jieun said.

Jiyeon frowned, "I just got a little too nervous and lost my confidence as a result. Sorry, it would not happen again." Jiyeon apologised.

Jieun smiled. "It's fine. Just that, being artists and a solo singer, you need to always have confident. You should also drop that nervous character of yours. There are several instances that you got nervous and you forgot your lines and dance, well according to dance instructor Hoya too." Jieun commented.

Jiyeon nodded. "I'm sorry, I'll try my best next time." Jiyeon apologised again.

"Nevermind, how about you try singing the same piece in Sunflower again? In front of me." Jieun suggested.

"Now?" Jiyeon asked in shock.

"Yeah, now. Infront of me too. I wanna train you to be more confident and less nervous to sing infront of people. This is the basic need to debut. You can never be nervous and not confident about yourself." Jieun replied back.

Jiyeon nodded her head. 

"Then what about me?" Myungsoo said, he was waiting for Jiyeon in the music studio.

"Why aren't you leaving?" Jieun asked. She then looked at Jiyeon. "Oh, you're waiting for Jiyeon. Are you guys..?" Jieun asked as she looked at them curiously.

"No.. We aren't what you're thinking. We're just friends, that's all." Jiyeon replied back instantly as Jieun nodded her head.

"Try not to get into a relationship here, it'd be really troublesome and difficult for you all anyway." Jieun warned. "Alright, Jiyeon. Let's hear what you got. Sing it please." She said as Jiyeon started singing to Sunflower.

She sang the chorus bit. She sang it with her usual, soothing soulful voice as her vibratos and her notes were all on point. It was even better than the first time when she sang to Jieun.

Jieun nodded her head as she sung the song. She clapped once Jiyeon was done. She wore a big wide smile as she continued clapping for Jiyeon. "That's what I am looking for. Apart from some technical issues, what you just sung was amazing. You need to correct your breathing and maybe open your mouth wider to make the voice more clear and crisp." Jieun commented. 

Jiyeon nodded her head and thanked Jieun. 

"Call me Jieun will do. It's better that way." Jieun said.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "I'd like more practice too though." Jiyeon stated.

"It's 10:15 already, you sure with that?" Jieun asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. I think I need more practice. I don't mind working till midnight." Jiyeon replied. Myungsoo look at her in awe and disbelief.

"That's the spirit. I like it." Jieun said and smiled. "Alright, you get into the room, and sing a song you like on the microphone. From outside I'll judge you as your voice will be heard from the speakers." Jieun said.

Jiyeon went into a quiet room. The room was covered with soft cushioned walls, and the room was illuminated by 1 light bulb, and the room was dim as a whole. She went behind the microphone. She placed her song sheet on the desk. She looked out at the window as Jieun gave a thumbs up to her, indicating her that she could begin singing to the microphone.

She took a breath in, she cleared as she started singing one of her favourite song in English, "Love Story by Taylor Swift". She sang and sang, while her pronunciation was a little off in some verses but she managed to kept on tune and on the beat.

Jieun watched her from the outside. The speaker boomed her sparkling, amazing voice throughout the entire music studio. Myungsoo stood beside Jieun and was listening attentively to Jiyeon. His head was moving to the beat as she sang the song. He felt as if Jiyeon mastered the song perfectly even though she was not an english person at all.

At the end of the song, Jiyeon removed her earphones as she turned to see Jieun and Myungsoo clapping for her from the outside. Jieun wore a tearful eye as she gave her a wide smile while Myungsoo was grinning and cheering for her. Jiyeon then went out of the sound-proof room as Jieun continued clapping for her.

"You were amazing there." Jieun exclaimed. "Your pronunciation could need work, but nonetheless, you were shining brightly with your amazing voice." Jieun added on.

Jiyeon smiled widely as she lowered her head and started giggling softly. 

Myungsoo went over and ruffled her hair. "Great job." He said. 

Jiyeon looked at him and thanked him softly. 

"How about you go for it this time, Myungsoo?" Jieun asked.

Myungsoo widened his eyes in shock. He pointed at himself and Jieun nodded her head. He gulped as his legs turned wobbly and he was shaking in fear. Jiyeon saw his legs shaking and could not help but too let off a soft laughter. She then smacked his shoulders. 

"Yah, go and get it. Show us what you got." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo looked at the both of them. He looked at Jiyeon, and looked at Jieun. He sighed and mustered all his courage and entered the sound-proof room and stood behind the microphone.

He stood there motionlessly. He stared at the microphone in front of him in fear. His voice tremble as he said through the microphone, "Can I start now?" He asked, with a stuttering voice.

"Yeah, you could. But you need to wear the headphones. It'd be better to hear your voice and listen to the beat of whatever song you want to sing." Jieun stated.

"Okay. I'll sing my favourite song, 'Mother'." He said as the song played.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and gave his best shot and sung the song. His voice was soft, delicate as he managed to capture the emotions of every word in the verses and the choruses. 

 

Jiyeon clapped her hands as he sung the song. At the end of the song. Jieun formed a smile and gave him a thumbs up while Jiyeon was clapping for him eagerly. 

He exited the sound-proof room as Jieun nodded her head in awe while looking at him in awe. "Well, Myungsoo. That was a magnificient song you have sung. You managed to relay the emotions very well. In fact, I'm pleased. You can sing with emotions very well. You can teach Jiyeon about relaying emotions." Jieun commented.

Jiyeon widened her eyes. "Sunbae-nim, you mean I do not relay the emotions well?" Jiyeon exclaimed as she gasped in shock.

"You are fine in that, but not too good in my opinion, still a little lacking. Myungsoo could guide you in that. Oh and you all just call me Jieun, need not call me that sunbae-nim those type, I don't like people calling me those." Jieun said.

Jiyeon nodded her head while Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon and gave her a proud smirk. He then rolled his eyes as Jiyeon looked at him in despise and disbelief. 

"Alright you too, it's near midnight. You all can have more practice tomorrow, but you guys really need to go rest already." Jieun interrupted them.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo bowed and thanked Jieun graciously as they left the music studio.

 

"You need me to coach you about emotions now?" Myungsoo said in a boastful manner.

Jiyeon looked at him and scoffed. She rolled her eyes at Myungsoo and stuck out her tongue. "Well, I don't need your help now Mr. Smarty Pants." Jiyeon yelled at him.

"God. Are you mad?" Myungsoo said.

"Maybe. If you continue showing off how good of a singer you are." Jiyeon said.

"You are quite of a competitive person, huh?" Myungsoo commented.

Jiyeon ignored him. "Whatever, I'm going to sleep already." Jiyeon coldly replied.

Myungsoo then gripped onto her hand tightly before she could spin around and walk away. Jiyeon spun towards him again as she looked at him with shocked eyes. 

"Yah, what is this now. Holding my hands.." Jiyeon said.

"Are you mad?" Myungsoo asked curiously.

"No. Why are you so worked over it? Now I'm telling you I am not, so let go of my hand." Jiyeon instructed him as she shoved his hands off. 

Myungsoo sighed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hold on to your hand so tightly. Must have hurt a lot." Myungsoo apologised sincerely.

Jiyeon looked at him and sighed. "Whatever, it's all alright now. I'll get going. See ya." She said coldly before returning to her own dorm.

Myungsoo was left behind as he slowly walked to the elevator. Jiyeon had already taken the elevator up by her own. Myungsoo was all alone in the empty corridor of the music studio level of the building. The lights of the corrdior had dimmed, and Myungsoo sat on the bench infront of the elevator.

"Did I really upset her? Am i being too much?" Myungsoo questioned himself. 

As the lift approached, he snapped out of thoughts and went back to his dorm. He lay on the bed as he was wearing his comfortable sleepwear - sweatshirt and sweatpants. He rest his head on his palms as he lies on the bed as he stare up at the ceiling.

"Is she mad?" He mumbled. 

He then pulled himself up. He looked at the phone beside his table. "Ah I don't even have her number at all. It's been 1 week and I don't even know her number. How dumb am I since we're friends and all. God." Myungsoo cursed under his breath. 

He lay on the bed as he slowly drifted to sleep as he thought about Jiyeon.

 

The next day came as the sun rose and Myungsoo immediately woke up upon his alarm clock ringing. It was six in the morning, way early than the supposed time to rise up from the bed. He tidied his hair, brushed his teeth and bathed. He wore his trainee outfit - just a plain sweatshirt accompanied by some slim sweatpants and his new balance sneakers. He then hopped up to level 19.

As he reached level 19. The building lights had turned off as the sun rays shone right through the building, illuminating and lighting up the corridor. Myungsoo walked as he stopped at the intersection of the crossover. He could see doors and doors of dorm rooms.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Where's her room?" He muttered to himself.

She then saw Jiyeon coming out of her dorm room. 

"19-05. Gotcha." He whispered to himself.

Jiyeon wore some plain tee-shirt and gym tights. She was using her ipod as she plugged the earpieces into her ears as she blast music into her ears. She stopped as she smashed herself onto Myungsoo's chest. She looked up and jumped in shock as she saw Myungsoo infront of her.

"Oh that scared me. What are you doing here?" Jiyeon asked him.

Myungsoo scratched the back of his neck again. "I wanna apologise again for yesterday. I think I might be too rude and all." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon smiled. "It's fine. Really. I always make these short tandrums. I should be sorry instead, for making you feel as if you upset me. You must have been dying of guilt for the entire night." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo shook his head.

"Are You running now?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon nodded. "You are running too?" Jiyeon asked.

Myungsoo looked at her and nodded her head. He initially did not have the thoughts to have a run, but seeing Jiyeon having a run, he could not possibly just say no and let her run on her own right? He felt that way and he went along with Jiyeon for a run around the neighbourhood.

Myungsoo usually runs fast but this time round, he ran along with Jiyeon's speed. Keeping at Jiyeon's speed, he slowed down his run. Normally it would take 8 minutes for the run, but he actually spent 11 minutes in the run. He came back with Jiyeon at the entrance of the building. Jiyeon was panting heavily, her breaths were strong and heavy. She seemed to be gasping for air. 

She sat on the bench outside, in view of a small garden beside the trainee building. Myungsoo sat beside her. Unlike Jiyeon, Myungsoo was not exactly exhausted. Not yet. He sweat a little, but he remained clean and his breaths were more stable and less heavy. 

"You aren't even panting like me. God, I feel like dying after running. Yet I see you whom is so comfortable and all. It irks me so much that I am so unfit." Jiyeon commented while pausing her sentences here and there to breathe occasionally. 

Myungsoo smirked at her. "Well, with practice you could do better." Myungsoo said. "Do you run often?" Myungsoo asked her further.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Well, I run every alternate days." Jiyeon said.

"How about this, me and you can go for runs every alternate day. Together. That way, I might encourage you to run faster and all. You'll improve drastically with my help. My awesome, godly help." Myungsoo suggested.

Jiyeon smirked at him. "Wow, I am so honoured to receive this fabulous help from you. I'd do so well with your help. Thank you. Yes, I will accept this offer." Jiyeon said.

"1 condition." Myungsoo added.

Jiyeon looked at him curiously as she shook her head in disbelief.

"friends don't ask for conditions for whatever they do." Jiyeon said to Myungsoo.

Myungsoo smiled, "You promise me you teach me how to dance." Myungsoo said. "I am a er in dancing." He added on.

"alright er Myungsoo." Jiyeon said while giggling at him.


 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE.

Anyway thanks for all the support guys!