16/Sixteen/XVI.

Chance Upon a Future

Unconditional.

I will love you unconditionally.

Jiyeon was on her van, on her way to her next schedule, which was a CF shoot with Shara Shara. However, she was early for the schedule as the schedule would start in another 3 more hours. Jiyeon bit her lips while thinking back about what the stage crews were gossiping with each other in the backstage. 

"Unnie, can you drive me somewhere first?" Jiyeon asked.

"W..What? Uh, but we're on our way to the location of the CF shoot." Luna argued.

"Uh, the place is near here." Jiyeon said as Luna then agreed and sent her to the location.

Jiyeon had already arranged an appointment with the director of Myungsoo's drama through her secretary. Their meeting will be located in the My Lovable Girl drama set which is the female lead's home. Upon reaching the venue, Jiyeon left the van in her casual clothes, simple black sweatshirt accompanied with a white pleat skirt. She then walked into the building and the set, where the house was shot at. Jiyeon looked around the set as numerous crews were all around the house. Some staff was fixing the lighting and the mirrors in the house while some other staff was arranging the house and the scene while the female lead Krystal whom Jiyeon recognised was seated in her own chair reading the script attentively while her stylist was beside her styling her hair and her manager was standing beside her motionlessly while scanning the set in a strict manner.

Jiyeon then turned to see Myungsoo with Hongbin chatting while his stylist stood beside them tidying up her make-up kit. Jiyeon immediately ducked her head down, fear that Myungsoo might notice her presence. She continued to walk away from Myungsoo while looking for the director before being stopped by one of the staff.

"Hi, may I know who are you and what are you doing here?" The staff asked politely while wearing an obvious pretentious smile.

"Oh, I am Park Jiyeon, I have booked a short meeting with the director?" Jiyeon replied.

The staff then smiled and nodded her head. "Oh yeah, you're Park Jiyeon. I am Hyeri, and I am Director Seungho's secretary. The girl you spoke to on the phone earlier today. Come, I'll bring you to the director. He's just outside here." Hyeri said as Jiyeon nodded as Hyeri guided Jiyeon out to find the director.

As Jiyeon passed by several staffs in the drama set, they were gossiping again and it was about Myungsoo. Jiyeon's ears was set to hear anything related to Myungsoo and they were talking about Myungsoo amongst themselves and mentioning things like it was Myungsoo's last episode and they have yet to inform him about kicking him out of the drama.

Jiyeon ignored them and stopped as Hyeri then walked up towards the man dressed in a black suit and black sunglasses. He was young, she could see as he had his hair styled up in a youthful manner and the way of dressing was everything slim and tight. His suit was fitted perfectly and his pants was very slim. 

The director turned around and pulled down his sunglasses. Jiyeon widened his eyes. He indeed looked young and he came across to Jiyeon as someone so respectable due to his success at young age. Jiyeon bowed at him and introduced herself politely while Seungho introduced himself back.

Hyeri stood away from them while Seungho reached his hands out for a handshake with Jiyeon. Jiyeon placed her hand away immediately behind her pockets before she cleared . "Uh, sorry for asking you to meet for a short while before the drama shoot starts." Jiyeon apologised.

Seungho stopped her. "It's fine, really. Besides we still have 30 minutes before it starts." Seungho said. "Anyway, what brings you here?" Seungho asked.

Jiyeon gulped. She then mustered all her courage and confide with him, "I know you are intending to kick Myungsoo out of the drama." Jiyeon confidently said.

Seungho smirked and nodded his head. "Well, yes. I wonder how you know about this." Seungho mumbled.

"I heard from some people gossiping about it and your staff was talking about it just now." Jiyeon said.

"Wow, things sure travel fast amongst people." Seungho said as he rolled his eyes to Hyeri whom embarrassingly ducked her head down. Seungho then turned his head back at Jiyeon, "So what brings you here anyway?" He asked again.

"About that. I hope you could reconsider from dropping Myungsoo out of this drama. This drama is Myungsoo's first and he put in a lot of effort in it." Jiyeon pleaded.

Seungho gave an arrogant smirk. "Yes, no doubt I will agree that Myungsoo worked hard to act in this drama. In fact he has the most outstanding interview and audition for his part in this drama. The fact is, his attitude has caused much trouble for the drama and the staffs. His scandalous news with the girl Naeun had also caused much uproar and it might cause some problems for our drama. Surely I wouldn't want the ratings for this drama to plumet due to the misconduct behaviour of my actors." Seungho replied back.

Jiyeon bit her lip. "I know his attitude is not as good as what people might expect. In fact, I'm really sorry for his behaviour." Jiyeon apologised sincerely.

Seungho looked at her questionably. "What do you mean by that? Perhaps, are you related to Myungsoo?" He asked.

"I.. I am his ex-girlfriend." Jiyeon confessed earning some shocks from Seungho and even Hyeri.

"I want to help him change. In fact, I regret not helping him and guiding him to the correct way when he got famous. I was to be blamed for it and I really hope you won't drop him out, he worked hard for it and I don't want him to be upset and unhappy over it." Jiyeon explained.

Seungho sighed. "The staff will continue to complain about this behaviour of his. In fact, we all tolerated him for a long time already. It's affecting all of us way too much." Seungho said.

"Don't worry, I'll promise you his behaviour will become better." Jiyeon said as Seungho sighed.

"Alright fine. We'll keep him. But if he pisses us off again or cause any trouble, we'll have to kick him and drop him out of this drama." Seungho warned her as Jiyeon thanked him profusely.

Jiyeon turned around and saw Myungsoo standing infront of them. She widened her eyes in shock as Myungsoo stared at her angrily. He then started to smirk, "Drop me out then." He raised his voice before storming off.

Jiyeon gasped as she turned around, "Don't mind him, sorry." She said before chasing after Myungsoo.

 

Jiyeon ran and ran while Myungsoo was inches away from her. The gap between them soon widened as Myungsoo ran at a faster pace. Soon after, Jiyeon lost Myungsoo in the chase. She stopped and looked around her, the people walking across the street looked at her remarkably while some stared at her closely. Jiyeon took her cap and placed it over her head while lowering her head as she walked forward as she looked left and right, finding Myungsoo diligently.

She paused as she turned her head and saw him hiding behind the trash cans squatting down while ducking his head in between his arms and his legs. She bit her lips and frowned sadly upon seeing him in a foul mood. 

She went over as she bent down to face Myungsoo while grabbing some trash bags to cover herself and she lowered down her cap while Myungsoo looked back up to see Jiyeon facing him.

"What are you doing here." Myungsoo said coldly with a stern glare.

"Why are you being like this?" Jiyeon said.

"Being what?" Myungsoo replied back with a trembling voice.

"A different person. Why do you become so arrogant, so heartless and all. Where did the cute, bubbly, kiddy Myungsoo whom is so humble and kind that I know of?" Jiyeon mumbled. 

"Times change, people change too." Myungsoo replied.

"You can choose to change into a better person or to remain as good as you were. No one wanted you to change into who you are now." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo dodged her eyes while looking elsewhere. "We're over isn't it." Myungsoo said.

"I miss the old you." Jiyeon said.

"Sorry." Myungsoo apologised. 

"How did you know I was going to get dropped out of the drama? Even I didn't know about it." Myungsoo asked in a dull manner.

Jiyeon bit her lips nervously and replied, "Let's just say I knew it through my sources." 

Myungsoo smirked. "Ah this is ridiculous, who would want to kick me out? I'm giving them more views instead." Myungsoo hissed under his breath.

"There you go again." Jiyeon said as she sighed.

They were so close to each other, their faces were inches apart but they continued talking just like that. They caught nobody's attention as Jiyeon had hidden herself behind the trash cans pretty well. Her phone kept ringing but she ignored the calls. 

"Thank you anyway." Myungsoo said. 

"However, I'm sorry if I have upset you." Myungsoo said before getting up.

"W-Wait." Jiyeon cried. "Please be your old self." Jiyeon said as she leaned to kiss him on his lips.

She pulled away from the kiss while Myungsoo looked at her stunned, "I'm sorry I can't promise you that." He said and shuddered his shoulders and left Jiyeon alone.

Jiyeon touched her lips. *What the heck did I just do.* Jiyeon thought as she sighed heavily.

 

Myungsoo went back into the drama set while Hyeri, Seungho (director) came to greet him.

"Sorry Myungsoo-sshi, your contract with us has been terminated." Hyeri said. "We apologise for all the inconvenience caused." She said.

Myungsoo widened his eyes in shock. Hongbin then held onto him and left the drama set while Myungsoo remained stunned for words. In the van, Hongbin was driving Myungsoo to the next schedule which was the music bank performance. Myungsoo had his eyes in shock throughout.

"Why did they drop me out?" Myungsoo asked solemnly.

Hongbin looked at him while continuing to drive the van. "You were late for the shoot and they just had enough of you. We tried out best to help you but you do not want to help yourself." Hongbin said. "Sorry Myungsoo-ah." Hongbin added on while Myungsoo ignored his gaze and turned to look outside the window. 

 

News spread fast like a wild fire through the music industry, a lot of artists and idols were aware of Myungsoo's drop out from his drama and news site was reporting the news immediately. Myungsoo's article dominates the trending articles and many other articles were published regarding his drop out.

Jiyeon gasped as she clicked on one of the articles. The title read 'Myungsoo dropped out from drama, Cause?' The writer wrote in that piece of article about Myungsoo's rumoured celebrity disease and the writer even quote insider's source saying about Myungsoo's rude and arrogant behaviour during filming and rehearsals and rounded off the article by saying Myungsoo was to be blamed for his own downfall due to his misconduct and emphasised on his celebrity disease he had.

Jiyeon bit her lips nervously. A gush of fear ran through her body as she read the comments in fear.

"Wow, I didn't know he would be such a person. I guess fame really got into his head. That's a same, what a waste of talent." One of the netizens commented.

"Seriously, I bet there are more idols like that out there. Guess he got exposed, unlucky he. Say goodbye to your fandom and your fame now, Myungsoo. Bad luck." Another commented.

Another caught Jiyeon's eye. It was so insulting and hurtful as it read: "Seriously what an and loser. Acting all snobbish just because you have this petite amount of fame. Shame on you and those cockroach fans of him would not have any reasons to deny it because the evidence is clear and his name is now in shame. Shame on you, Myungsoo you this piece of trash and **** you." 

Jiyeon sighed as she begun to worry for him again. Indeed, Myungsoo have read those comments too.

Jiyeon then dialled a number.

"Hello, is this Seungho's secretary, Hyeri?" Jiyeon said on the phone.

"Yes, this is Hyeri speaking. May I be of any assistance to you?" Hyeri replied.

"Hi, I am Park Jiyeon, the one the director met in the morning today." Jiyeon explained.

Hyeri's tone became dull. "Oh yeah, director is not pleased with him. If you want to plead to get him back in the drama, I'm afraid it would be hard. Director hardly changes his mind when he executes something. So you better not test him." Hyeri rejected her.

"I really want to speak to Director." Jiyeon insisted.

"Okay, I'll arrange an appointment, but chances are your appeal would fail at least 95% of the time. He never changes his mind once he sets on something. We are even in the process of finding a new 2nd male lead." Hyeri cautiously explained.

"It's okay, I want to talk to him in person anyway." Jiyeon said.

"Okay, since you are so persistent, I'll arrange a meeting. Is Monday afternoon good for you?" Hyeri asked.

"It's fine. Thank you." Jiyeon replied back.


 

Enjoy this update! COMMENT on your thoughts.

Oh and this pic is for yall, this is probs the closest Myungsoo can be. <3

Jiyeon need to control her face though lol