D/Four/4/IV.

Chance Upon a Future

OUR AGREEMENT.

Run and dance.

After a day of schedule, Jiyeon and Myungsoo secretly sneaked into an empty dance studio. Myungsoo placed his water bottle against the wall. Jiyeon placed the towels down beside his bottle and stood in the middle of the room.

"Alright let's begin with stretching exercises." Jiyeon said as she used her phone.

"Yah, are you using your phone or actually teaching me how to dance. Focus!" Myungsoo complained.

Jiyeon sighed. "Alright, but actually I called Hoya to come along. He's my dance instructor. He's also same age as you too. I think with his help too, you could dance well." Jiyeon stated.

Myungsoo widened her eyes in shock. He then crossed his arms and looked at Jiyeon in disbelief. "Yah, you are totally half-assing your lesson right now." Myungsoo whined.

Jiyeon shook her head. "No I am not. I figured he would help you a lot too. I will teach you and he'll adjust your movements and all. You don't want me, a girl to touch every part of your precious body." Jiyeon explained.

Myungsoo sighed, "Yeah yeah, it's not as if you need to touch my.." Myungsoo said but Jiyeon interrupted him with a scream.

"Ewww! That's gross. Stop it alright." Jiyeon said.

"You are really innocent huh?" Myungsoo said with a smirk.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes. "No. You don't know me enough. Maybe I am innocent, maybe I am not." Jiyeon replied.

"Oh aren't you a sneaky one." Myungsoo commented and laughed.

Just then, Hoya came in with his trainers, trackpants and his white plain t-shirt. He threw his towel and bottle of water on the ground and waved at Jiyeon. Jiyeon waved back at him as Hoya went to stand beside Jiyeon.

"So, Myungsoo. You decided to learn some dance. It'd take some while. You alright to stay up to midnight?" Hoya said.

"Yeah. I'm totally fine. For the sake of learning to dance, I'll endure it." Myungsoo said.

"Alright, great. Jiyeon, you may start?" Hoya said politely. Jiyeon nodded her head and guide Myungsoo to the stretching and warming-up exercises. 

She started off with some leg stretching exercise. She started off by bending the leg while pressing it down and keeping the other side of the leg straight and stiff. She then started with the twisting and stretching of the hips area, then to the ankles, the arms, wrists, necks and the other various parts of the body.

Hoya stood beside Myungsoo as Jiyeon carried out the stretching and warming up exercises, as he changes Myungsoo's posture as he did some of the work outs wrongly. 

Warming up has been completed and Jiyeon proceeded to some basic dance steps. She played a simple piece of music and showed him a few dance moves. 

Myungsoo was then asked to follow her, as Myungsoo obeyed and followed Jiyeon's moves as hard as he could. His motions were still stiff, his muscles were not reacting to it well. His dance all seemed stiff and emotionless.

Hoya modified his legs and all as he danced. 

"You need to move this leg more." He said to Myungsoo as he grabbed his leg to the correct positions. 

Myungsoo tried the best as he could throughout the dance training. After an extensive period of training, Myungsoo slammed his body against the wall and sat down on the ground, panting heavily as he started fanning himself with his fingers. He then drank loads of water while wipping the sweat off his body with his towel.

Hoya smiled and laughed at him while he sat beside him. "You just need more practice and your muscles will be smooth and you'll eventually get used to it. Dancing is like that. Practice makes perfect." Hoya stated.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Instructor Hoya is just so marvelous with his words." Jiyeon complimented him.

"You all just call me Hoya. I don't like anyone calling me that. Just Hoya will do." Hoya corrected.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo nodded her head. "Surprising those instructors like Jieun and you want us to call you by your name." Jiyeon commented.

"Guess, thats why you all are closer to us." Hoya chuckled as Jiyeon nodded her head.

"God dancing is hard." Myungsoo complained.

Jiyeon sighed. "Stop whining and just get used to it. Don't give up, you're doing quite good for a beginner." Jiyeon complimented him.

"Alright, you guys should head back and sleep. Have a nice rest, it's already midnight." Hoya said as he chased them out.

Just like that, Myungsoo and Jiyeon frequently trained till midnight everyday. Alternately, they would train their vocals in a secret, extra, extensive practice session with Jieun, while they would have dance practices with Hoya. They worked themselves really hard. 

 

Weeks past, and it all seemed as if it was only a few days but 6 months have passed. It was now lunch time and Jiyeon was queuing up for her meal at the counter. During the past 6 months, many things have happened. Myungsoo was now more smooth with his dance moves. He was actually quite a good dancer, could be compared to those that have danced for quite a period of time before becoming a trainee. Jiyeon's vocals have improved and improved, to the point she was getting praises before her debut online as the company post some videos of the trainee's talent and power online on their webpage.

Jiyeon also died her hair to a natural brown colour from her usual, black smooth hair. She curled her hair slightly, giving a wavy line to her hair. Myungsoo did not changed much in appearance, but mainly he have gained more muscles around and he actually looks fit while his muscles on his arms and chest predominantly. 

Jiyeon grabbed her lunch which was lacking and nutritious as usual - chicken drumstick in a chicken stew with rice and side dishes. She walked towards Myungsoo and saw several girls crowding around his table.

She slowed her pace as she approached Myungsoo's table and tried to eavesdrop on the conversation. The girls was smiling and grinning foolishly while Myungsoo looked at them, smiling at them back.

She heard them talking about something handsome, and that Myungsoo looks so y and hot and all. *Were they actually flirting with him?* Jiyeon thought.

The girls soon walked away while giggling amongst themselves until they stopped infront of Jiyeon.

"Oh annyeong. You must be Jiyeon right?" The girl said.

"You're pretty." The other girl complimented her.

Jiyeon looked at the both of them curiously as she slowly nodded her head. "You are..." She muttered.

"Oh, I am Eunji and she's Naeun. You should totally hang out with us sometime. We'll talk to you soon, we need to go now. Sorry, let's hang out soon!" Eunji said.

Eunji was a girl tied in braids, she had bangs, her smile was wide as she wore an eye smile throughout. Jiyeon nodded her head and smiled at them as she said goodbye them. Naeun on the other hand had straight brown smooth hair, her eyes were big and her eyelashes were pretty and neat. She had small, pointed nose, small pursed lips as she totally looked visually attractive as a girl and a lady.

Jiyeon placed her lunch tray on the desk. She then looked at Myungsoo who was grinning at his food. Little did he know he actually look really dumb smiling to his food.

"Yah, you're totally being foolishly smiling to yourself." Jiyeon commented.

"Those girls must have complimented you huh." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo looked up with a shocked expression. "Wow, how did you know that?" Myungsoo asked, while being stunned.

Jiyeon smirked. "You're totally smiling and blushing. I also heard some of it." Jiyeon replied.

Myungsoo started smiling again. His heart was fluttering by the girls' compliment. He then said to Jiyeon, "Those girls said I looked so handsome and charming. They say I was so fit and all, I was so y when my arms are so muscular and all. They say I look good." 

Jiyeon laughed. Myungsoo gave an irritated look as he rolled his eyes. "Yah, no one knows me here, but I am so happy I was at least noticed by them." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Well you're handsome, I can give you that." Jiyeon mumbled. 

"Really?" Myungsoo said in shock. Jiyeon wanted to say it to herself, but she did not knew Myungsoo would have such sharp hearing to have heard what she have mumbled.

Jiyeon then nodded her head. "Well, it's a truth." Jiyeon added on as she let off a fake cough and continued eating her lunch.

Myungsoo put his spoon down on the tray. "Well, it certainly made my day." Myungsoo said.

"Who?" Jiyeon asked.

"You. At least you acknowledge it." Myungsoo said.

"Why me?" Jiyeon asked further.

Myungsoo sighed. "The only ones that keep saying I'm handsome and all were all strangers. I rarely have someone close to me say that I am handsome. It was so genuine and it means a lot to me." Myungsoo explained.

"I'll need to make my move first, see you tonight." Myungsoo said as he excused himself back to the dorm.

Sipping on her stew, Jiyeon thought over. She was something important to Myungsoo. Myungsoo placed her in a part in his heart? These questions rung in Jiyeon's mind. She placed the spoon and chopsticks down. She could feeling her heart fluttering as she sent the tray back and went for the vocal lessons.

As she entered the music studio, she could see Myungsoo sitting on the ground quietly while wearing a smile. He was smiling to himself again.

*I guess my words really meant a lot to him, huh.* Jiyeon thought as she sat beside Myungsoo.

She felt herself getting tensed up while her heart started racing. This have never happened before. What was exactly happening to her, she thought.

Just then, the two girls earlier came into the studio. Eunji and Naeun both saw Jiyeon and Myungsoo sitting together at the back of the studio. They both ran up to them and waved at them.

"Oh hi, Jiyeon-sshi and Myungsoo-sshi!" Eunji cried out while Naeun, being a shy one just simply looked at both of them and smiled and nodded her head. 

Myungsoo and Jiyeon greeted them back. "Can we join you all?" Eunji asked. 

Jiyeon looked at them curiously and suspiciously. In the end, she dropped the suspicion as Myungsoo allowed them to. They sat beside Myungsoo as they started talking to Myungsoo.

Jiyeon looked at him and sighed. She felt alone now.

 

The night came and Myungsoo was having the dance practice with Jiyeon. Jiyeon was dancing with him for 5 songs now, as compared to the first lesson where they only danced repeatedly to half a song. Jiyeon then switched off the music player and clapped her hands.

"End of lesson." Jiyeon said. Hoya clapped his hands too.

"Good job, Myungsoo." Hoya complimented as Myungsoo thanked him back.

Hoya left the room while leaving both Jiyeon and Myungsoo behind. Myungsoo was slurping water down his throat while Jiyeon slowly wiped her sweat off her neck. She look at Myungsoo and her heart raced once more. She could feel her cheeks burning red. 

She held her cheeks tightly. She questioned herself, what exactly was happening to her? She knew she have developed some feeling for Myungsoo. It all started a week ago when she started looking Myungsoo differently. Not as a friend, but someone she is together with. 

It's not the friendly feeling she get, but the romantic feeling she got. She get so aroused by his appearance, seeing him everyday make her heart race. As he speaks and compliments her, she could feel as if her heart flutters by his words. Everytime she heard his name, she would think of him and his lovely face.

Jiyeon sighed. "Myungsoo-ah." Jiyeon said with a flustered look.

Myungsoo turned around to face her and furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you think about me?" Jiyeon asked him.

Myungsoo paused for a moment and thought. "You are a cute, um.. kind-hearted girl. The only one that I am close to here, I guess." Myungsoo replied.

"Anything else?" Jiyeon asked.

"No... why this question out of a sudden?" Myungsoo asked.

"Uh. because.. I..I think I'm falling for you." Jiyeon confessed. 

Myungsoo widened his eyes as he was taken aback by his sudden confession. He did not know Jiyeon was falling in love with him, neither did he expect her to fall in love with him. He was so caught aback by her words as they both remained silent. The atmosphere turned awkward between both of them.

"I shouldn't have said it." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

"Sorry, I don't know if I am ready for it." Myungsoo said. "I said I dislike girls when we first met, and that was because I was hurt by a girl. Actually, I never really dated her or went out with her. I was having a crush on her, but she knew that. I even told her I had a crush on her, she said she was fine but we never dated. I then saw her kiss another guy after a few months. To think I actually keep thinking she would love me back. She could have just rejected me." Myungsoo explained.

He then looked at Jiyeon.

"So, I think I am somewhat rejected now, huh." Jiyeon said. "So, this is how rejection feels like." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

"I don't know.." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon stood up and grabbed her towel and water bottle. "I get it." Jiyeon said.

"Don't make us feel awkward please." Myungsoo stated.

"It's hard not to be awkward, Myungsoo. I don't know how to face you." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo sighed. "Let me sort out my feelings first. But, I'll tell you something, I have some feeling for you too. Give me sometime to gather my courage, please." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon paused and looked at him in shock. "Serious? When?" Jiyeon stated.

"Well, I started getting more romantically involved with you." Myungsoo said.

He then stammered on his words. He sighed. He looked at Jiyeon again. He looked down. For the next minute, they both remained silent and still.

Myungsoo then sighed again. He then walked over to Jiyeon and push her against the wall and kissed on her lips.

"I love you too." Myungsoo said as he pulled away from the kiss.

Jiyeon wrapped her hands around his waist. "We're official?" She said.

Myungsoo nodded his head.


 

They are official. ;)

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please.