22/TwentyTwo/XXII.

Chance Upon a Future

Double Trouble

"Let's face it together."

Jiyeon woke up and turned her head to see Myungsoo sleeping soundly beside her on her single bed. They decided to squeeze together to sleep in this single sized bed yesterday, while hugging and kissing each other as they lay on the bed, as they soon drifted to sleep in each other's embrace.

With Myungsoo's arm wrapped around Jiyeon's waist, Jiyeon pulled herself up while pushing Myungsoo's arm gently off her as she stretched her body while letting off a soft yawn. She then turned and looked at Myungsoo while smiling at his cute sleeping behaviour which was wide mouth opened and snoring quietly. Jiyeon then tucked the blanket over his body while she wore a simple jacket over her in the freezing autumn morning. She walked towards the kitchen island while preparing some milk for herself before turning her head at the calender.

"1st October." Jiyeon mumbled as she counted the dates. "It's going to be a year anniversary already. Well sorta a year we became together somehow." Jiyeon mumbled to herself again before Myungsoo hugged her tightly from the back. "Yah, you hugged me in shock again." Jiyeon said as she frowned.

"Don't you like it? I always do that and you still complain about it." Myungsoo replied while it was now his turn to frown at Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon spun around to face Myungsoo while Myungsoo pinned her against the kitchen tile as he leaned towards her. Their lips just an inch apart while their noses touched each other. "What are you mumbling to yourself in this freezing great morning?" Myungsoo asked softly.

Jiyeon's heart was racing. Her cheeks flushed a royal red patch as her ears were burning hot. Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo mesmerisingly, while looking deep into his eyes as she gulped nervously. She was still feeling the tingling butterfly sensation in her stomach whenever Myungsoo comes so close to her or do anything that arouse her so damn much. Jiyeon stuttered on her words while Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. 

Overcoming her fluttered heart, Jiyeon forced a smirk while pushing him away. Myungsoo held onto her hand while they walked to the kitchen counter as Jiyeon poured a glass of milk for Myungsoo. "I was thinking our album is half-way done already. We need to work harder today too. We're too slow already." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo pouted while bitting his lips. "That's not what you're saying. You don't say all these to yourself when you are with me enjoying some quality time with your boyfriend." Myungsoo denied.

Jiyeon looked at him and scoffed, "Well you do know your girlfriend is a workaholic too right?" She retorted back.

"Yeah, but I got this feeling it's not about work. C'mon, tell me." Myungsoo said as his hands crawled to Jiyeon's and squeezed it tightly.

"Ah! Yah!" Jiyeon yelled. Myungsoo squeezed again before Jiyeon gave up and blurted out, "It's 1st october. That means our 1 month anniversary is approaching too. Well, if you exclude the 3 months of our break up and pretend it as our buffering season." Jiyeon muttered.

"Don't mention about the break up. It's the worst thing and worst period of my life ever." Myungsoo firmly stated.

Jiyeon sighed. "Yeah, anyway I wanted to hide away from you about that so I can plan something for it. Looks like I can't do anything for it now. It's all your fault." Jiyeon whined.

"You can still surprise me with something I don't expect on that day." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon looked at him intensely while grumbling at him. "Well, just make sure you don't surprise me with handmade cake, or homecooked food, or a gift, or some performance or whatsoever, or . That's too mainstream and I wouldn't be surprised." Myungsoo added on.

Jiyeon grumbled. *Well he surely knows what I intended to do.* Jiyeon thought while rolling his eyes at Myungsoo. Myungsoo took the opportunity and laughed at Jiyeon's angry look. 

 

Naeun had never contacted both Jiyeon and Myungsoo ever since the text. It has already been 2 months and she did not appeared infront of them all. Jiyeon and Myungsoo had long forgotten everything about Naeun and the accident as they preoccupied their mind with their work. 

Residing in the recording studio, along with Jieun, Jiyeon was altering the lyrics of the song while singing them along as Myungsoo would accompany her voice with his guitar. He occasionally would stop and amend the music sheet and played the guitar repeatedly until the beat was considered fine for him. Jieun sat across them, looking at the music sheet and the lyrics sheet simultaneously while monitoring Jiyeon's voice and pitch throughout.

An unexpected knock was heard and attracted everybody's attention. Naeun's face appeared in the small window on the door as she waved and entered the room. She bowed and greeted Jieun while Jieun nodded in reply. She turned and looked at Myungsoo's stern face before she grasped the situation and left the room silently. As the door closed and Jieun left the room, Naeun smirked while crossing her arms and sat on the chair Jieun sat on earlier.

Myungsoo kept glaring at Naeun angrily. Jiyeon rolled her eyes to Myungsoo's side as she reached her hands out to Myungsoo's and squeezed them tightly while she shook her head. Myungsoo calmed down upon her touch and rolled his eyes elsewhere as he clenched his fist tightly.

"Don't glare like that, Myungsoo-ah.." Naeun sweetly said.

Jiyeon then turned and faced Naeun with a stern glance. "What are you doing here anyway?" Jiyeon asked in a emotionless manner.

"Seems like I am uninvited here. I feel bad." Naeun remarked.

Myungsoo turned to face Naeun with fiery eyes as he slammed his fist on the wooden table. "If you got nothing to say to us, get out." Myungsoo hissed at her.

"Well I do." Naeun said.

"What tricks do you have right now?" Jiyeon asked.

Naeun shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. "I am not sure. Maybe I do, maybe I don't? You all can only wait for it. Please anticipate it." Naeun sarcastically remarked.

"If you dare hurt Jiyeon, you won't get any better. I make sure I make you suffer twice." Myungsoo yelled as he stood up and pointed his fingers at Naeun. Jiyeon immediately grabbed his wrists forcefully and pushed him down onto his seat. Naeun looked at them and smirked again.

"Please wait for it. The game starts now." Naeun said.

"You will go jail." Jiyeon stated. "For every single thing you do, and if you dare to do." Jiyeon added on.

"You can't." Naeun said. "My dad is a billionaire, my family is so well-known and I got a good lawyer to back me up. Whatever you can do, you can't put me behind the bars. I will only stop when I see you two suffer." Naeun added on.

"You're incorrigible. Your friend Eunji whom treated you dearly as a friend would be disappointed to see you like that. If you didn't know, she came to find me and cried a lot because of you. You changed a lot and you are going to suffer if you continue being like this." Jiyeon replied.

"Eunji? That can't do anything. Anyway I got nothing on her since I don't even care about Myungsoo now. Anyway, you peasants should start saving and protecting yourselves now." Naeun said before leaving the room and flicking her hair in an arrogant manner.

"Eunji came and find you?" Myungsoo asked in shock as Naeun left the room. 

Jiyeon nodded her head. "She came twice actually. Once was when she came after quarrelling and their friendship broke apart well when Naeun snatched you away from her and just totally slammed her down literally. The other time was when Eunji went to visit Naeun out of good will and tried to patch things up but Naeun totally fought with her like physically. She came over and cried a lot. She've been suffering a lot." Jiyeon explained.

She then added on, "Eunji also have been texting me too about updates and all. She's really sweet. To be honest, at the start I didn't really like her because I got the feeling from her that she just totally befriended me to get close to you and eventually I will get betrayed and all. But things change and she's really cute, kind hearted and someone I really respect too as a friend." 

Myungsoo nodded her head. "This Naeun..." Myungsoo grumbled.

"I hope she would change for better. She will regret doing all these in her later life for sure." Jiyeon mumbled while Myungsoo held on her hand.

"Don't worry for her, protect and worry yourself first. Don't make me worry over you again." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head.

 

As they exited the room, Myungsoo and Jiyeon kept close while they walked out of the building and saw no sight of their van. Myungsoo sighed as he ruffled his hair in distress while making calls to his manager Hongbin while Jiyeon stood beside him. The manager then notified Myungsoo that they were parked in the back entrance of the building. Myungsoo held onto Jiyeon's hand tightly and pulled her along to the back alley.

As they walked, they felt a tense atmosphere building while a dark shadow was cast on the ground and growing wide until they turned and fell onto ground due to the impact of the brick and having their mouth covered with black rugs containing a high dose of chloroform. 

Jiyeon's vision blurred as the last image was to see Myungsoo beside her with eyes getting smaller and smaller and looking up and saw two men dressed in full black attire and wore masks over their face picking them up. Myungsoo continued holding onto Jiyeon's hand for the last moment before their hands were separated from each other as the two men picked them up and deposited them into a black van parked behind them and droved away immediately within a minute.

It was an hour later where the effects of chloroform have diminished and Myungsoo's eyes squinted opened while he tried to struggle to realise his hands have been tied up and his legs have also been tied together. He turned and saw the two men earlier on driving the vehicle while cursing at each other and chatting with each other loudly. The other man then received a call and spoke to the person politely.

Myungsoo tried to inch closer to eavesdrop but the only thing he could hear was about the destination and just the man reporting to the person about what seemed to be, their condition. 

Myungsoo then turned and looked at Jiyeon whom was still unconscious. Myungsoo cursed under his breath while trying to struggle quietly. The man's quick reflex helped him as he turned around and yelled at Myungsoo. 

"What the are you doing now?" The man shouted.

"Let us go!" Myungsoo yelled at him.

"I'll let you go over my ing dead body, ****!" The man cursed as he took a baseball bat. 

"You want some of these? If you don't, just ing shut up and your handsome face of yours will be spared er!" The man yelled as the drived smirked while continue focusing on the road.

Myungsoo then looked at Jiyeon whom appeared to pick herself up. She squinted her eyes opened while Myungsoo scooted next to her with all the might he got left. "Don't worry, everything will be safe." Myungsoo whispered to her.

"I..I'm scared." Jiyeon whispered back as she leaned on Myungsoo's shoulders.

"YAH SHUT THE HELL UP!" The man yelled again as both of them froze in shock.

"I'll get you off from here safely. I promise." Myungsoo whispered softly as Jiyeon looked up and nodded her head. Myungsoo then looked around the van but he frowned upon seeing the back van totally empty. There was no way or anything that could untie them from the ropes.

Myungsoo struggled as he then whispered into Jiyeon's ears, "Do you have phone? We can maybe text them." Myungsoo whispered into Jiyeon's ears.

Jiyeon's eyes rolled down to her jeans and Myungsoo ducked his head down while his nose pressing on her jeans to detect the phone but there was no phones at all. 

"Did they took it?" Jiyeon whispered. 

"I think so, because I don't have mine too." Myungsoo replied back softly as he bit his lips nervously.

Jiyeon then sighed while looking down worriedly as Myungsoo scooted beside her and whispered, "Don't worry, Jiyeon.. I'll make sure you get out of here safely." 

Jiyeon looked at him and nodded her head in relief.

 

The van soon came to a halt and the two men hopped off the van while walking over to open the door of the van. One of the men then smirked at the both of them while raising his voice after and said, "If you guys would cooperate and let us bring you to the place we need you to be at, you all would be spared from torture. You can ing take my promise." 

Myungsoo and Jiyeon nodded their heads as the two men dragged them out while pushing and poking them into an empty room.

"You guys just ing stay here and wait. Our boss wants to talk to you." The men said before leaving the room and locking the room. 

Myungsoo looked around the room and saw the room painted in black, while there was only a window that was high up in the wall. The room was essentially a square room painted in black and wooden tiles, with only a window hung high up on one side of the wall and a metal door. There was little or no way they could find their own way out of here and Jiyeon was on the edge of giving up as she started tearing up.

Myungsoo then forced himself to scoot next to her again while pushing her head up with his head as his face leaned towards Jiyeon. "Don't cry, Jiyeon..." Myungsoo said as his eyes was intensely staring into her eyes.

Jiyeon nodded while sniffing as she bit her lips nervously. She then mouthed the words, "What are we gonna do? What can we do? How do we get out?"

Myungsoo replied, "I told you I'll get you out of here, and I promise I will. Give me some time." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon slowly nodded her head. "I Love you." she weakily said.

Myungsoo smiled as he pecked her lips. "This is hard to kiss you." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon then giggled until someone opened the door and entered. It was not the two men, but it was Naeun.

"You're the boss?!" Myungsoo yelled.

Naeun smirked. "I thought you two would protect yourselves, but looks like I got you in this first round of this lovely game already. That's bad. I was thinking if you two could escape this round, I'll go ahead with round 2. Round 2 wouldn't be this you know. You can only blame on your own incompetency." Naeun said.

"You ." Myungsoo hissed.

"es gonna . So let me see how long you all can survive here." Naeun said. 

"What are you gonna get out of this?!" Jiyeon yelled.

Naeun laughed evily. "Maybe I can get you two disfigured, tortured or dead? I don't know." Naeun said.

"You won't get away with this. This time for sure. I am sure the police are going to find you now." Jiyeon replied.

"They can try then~" Naeun said and walked away as she locked the doors back.

---

", still no reply from Jiyeon or Myungsoo." Luna cursed under her breath as she turned to look at Tiffany, Myungsoo's stylist and Hongbin. "Did any of you get through their number?" Luna asked.

They shook their head and Luna cursed again. "Where could they be?" Hongbin asked.

"You told them where the van was parked right?" Luna clarified.

Hongbin nodded her head as the guards came back to them. "We failed to find them. They are nowhere in this vicinity." The guard said as Luna cursed again.

"They could not have gone anywhere without telling you and having their phone off. There could be a possibly they are in danger, like perhaps being kidnapped." The guard added on.

Luna bit her lips, "I have a feeling they are kidnapped too. But who?" She mumbled. "There's no call or whatsoever so far. It's been 3 hours already." she added on.

"We need to wait awhile to confirm whether it is really a kidnap case or not. Usually they might call you within the next few hours. If they don't, we really need to find them. Because it could be fatal if we don't." Tiffany said.

"Should we call their friends respectively too?" Tiffany suggested.

"Great idea." Hongbin commented as they begun ringing up their friends.


 

Do check out my other story (not updated yet sorry), called The Final Keepers'! :)

enjoy and comment down below.