In Her Eyes | 1

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking up, I found the Kim Kai looking down at me, his eyes boring into mine. Whatever you do, do not show fear. Thankfully, no one was around to witness the scene. Or was it unfortunate that no one was around to see what was about to happen?

I looked back down to the floor, gulping hard because of the tension between me, the nobody, and Kai, the popular jerk.

"I think you should look at me when I'm talking to you."

That was it. Fear. I never once had an encounter with Kai, or any of the big three but from what I've heard the guy that was before me was the scariest one of them all. So instead of doing what he asked of me and showing fear, which Han Soori should never do, I uttered a quiet "sorry" and walked away from the situation. Fast. 

But not fast enough to miss his deep tone saying, "You know, for a person named Soori, you have no voice."

Ignore him. Keep going. Did he just say my name? He knows my name?!

Soori. A name similar to the word 'Sori', which means voice in korean.

Maybe I would have talked more if I wasn't put down everyday by those who surround me. Maybe I would have had more friends school aquaintances if I talked more. Maybe they wouldn't bully me. But I wasn't willing to take that risk. Not now, when there was only a year left of school. How wierd would it be if I changed dramatically after 2 years of being cooped up?

And it wasn't like I didn't have a voice, I loved to sing and music was always my sweet getaway. It was a passion... that unfortunately I had lost due to my father... 

And also, who were they all to deserve my voice when all they wanted was not to hear even a single hum of it?

Deep breaths. 7 more hours.

Crap. I'm late!

I hurried along the hallways to find my class. I peered in to see that it had already started. Don't take notice, please. I turned the handle slowly and entered to find  2 more seats left near the back, just as I passed the teacher's desk, he turned from the whiteboard and saw me. "Ah Miss Han, finally decided to join us."

"I apolo-"

"Sorry, I'm late sir."

Really? That voice again!

"That's quite alright Mr Kim," Mr Choi nodded. Of course special treatment for the special boy. Should I be thankful? "You two may take a seat at the back." As I walked pass the students, I felt the stares from all directions- glares of envy and detest from the fangirls and just staring from others, some quite surprised that they had heard my voice. 

Kai got to the seat before me and as soon as he sat down, he felt that it was appropriate to stick his leg out. I smirked at his attempt of embarassing me even more, but it was a rookie mistake. One should know tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter