In Their Eyes | 18

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Appa,

if I had fallen any further, I don't know how I would've coped.

Is it supposed to hurt this much? 

I wish you were here to tell me if I'm doing this right...

Another 3 months and you'll be able to, I guess I'm happy about that.

How are you, appa?

Your (mok)soori

She went straight home, where she felt safe. No lies. No Kai. No nothing. She liked being alone but at the same time it killed her. The silence was too loud that she would lock herself up in her room and drown it all with music. 

~

He did the same exact thing, except that his ears were being graced by the melody of Soori's voice- he had gotten the opportunity to record her singing while creeping into the music room during lunchtime. He would've been smiling but instead, he felt his cheeks being dampened. The Kai was crying... because of a girl.

But she was not just any girl. She's Soori. An angel that was sent to fix him.

"Jongin." At that point he's eyes were feeling heavy, he was drifting. 

"Soori?"

"No, Jongin, it's me."

"Soori?"

"It's Yura, stupid!" That got some sense into him. He had his earphones yanked out by his sister, waking him up from his paradise of listening to her voice. 

"Yah!"

"Yah? Don't 'yah' me! I'm older than you!" The eldest finally noticed something, during the silence: the overflowing melodic voice of Soori, seeping out from his earphones. Her brother's red eyes. His dampened cheeks. She questione him, softly, "Are you crying?"

The male could've lied, but it would have taken a blind person to be convinced. "I made a mistake."

"How big are we talking here?"

"So damn unfixable," his palms began to form fists,"Why can't all girls be like Soori?"

"Because you would fall for every girl you lay your eyes on, and I'm sure Soori wouldn't appreciate that."

Why wouldn't she? He saw the hurt and pain inflicted in her eyes when everything was unveiled. If he was Soori, he would hate himself too. But he wasn't Soori. And Soori hating him was something he wouldn't be able to bear. 

"What can I do to get her back?"

"Ah but Jongin, you can't take something back that was never yours from the start..."

"Stop being smart and tell me how I can get her to forgive me."

"Are you demanding me?"

"Yes."

"If I didn't want you to end up with Soori, you wouldn't get even a single peep from me!"

"But you do so spill it!"

"Yah! Kim Jongin!"

~

She remembered clearly the day when she met Kai's sister and it lead to all sorts of things. From being spoilt to Kai's admiration. She was back in the cafe once again, not to call memories... to forget them. She ordered her favourite cup of cappucino and sat down near a window, watching as people walk past, carrying bags and bags of Christmas presents. 

She was mid-sip when a figure came to fill the empty space opposite her. Assuming it was the person she did not want to see, she was ready to go all out and shout everything that was on her mind. But she looked up and found a stranger. His face was unusual, but that was his charm. He was casual, not caring that he had just distrubed the confus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter