In Their Eyes | 27

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa."

"Oh, my Soori!" He took her in his arms, proving that the man before her eyes was truly her father, the man who had been M.I.A from the girl's life for much too long. He was back. And before she even realised, she was a sobbing mess- with her face right in the crook of the man's wrinkled but soft neck and her arms encircling his. 

"Appa, it really is you!" He hushed his crying daughter but didn't waste any moments to let out the tears that had been held in as well. He missed her so much and to see her after 3 miserable, isolated years was heaven for the father. "Oh, my Soori! Still beautiful as ever!"

"Soori?"

The father and daughter parted reluctantly. For that moment the girl had completely forgotten that she had been sharing the house with Jongin, therefore she had the same expression as her father when her eyes caught sight of his bare torso at the bottom of the staircase.

"I heard crying, are you ok?" He possessively grabbed on to her, checking every inch of her and wiping away her tears. He looked over at the man in front of him with a look that would tell anyone to back away but as soon as he became familiar with the face- the man in the pictures, the picture Soori kisses goodnight every night- he flushed red. He was bare chested in front of Soori's father. So much for a first impression.

"Appa, this is Jongin. He's my boyfriend."

~

Lunch was silent for the three of them. Of course the girl tried to make conversation but there were some things that should be kept between the father and daughter.  Jongin wouldn't stop moving and continued to stare straight out the window. 

"Appa, maybe you could cook dinner today... I've really missed your bulgogi!"

"Hey, you know the drill- if the ingredients are there, I'll cook it for you." And they were okay. 

After lunch, the dishes were left in the sink and thinking that the males could have some time to sink everything in, she excused herself to take a shower. But before taking her leave she hugged both of her two boys. "Please be nice," she smiles up to her father.

~

"Mr. Han, it's great to see the person who's inspired Soori so much."

"Jongin is it?" He nods. "I saw the way you rushed to my daughter when I was at the door, you care for her?"

"More than myself, sir. She- She's my only family right now." Jongin admitted, sadly. 

"And I know that you have been her only family and for that, I thank you. But I'm here now. You may go, don't think that we didn't have a TV in there. I know everything your mother has done to my daughter, I don't want to even think about what else she would do to her if you keep on being together." Honestly, the girl hadn't left for the bathroom yet, she waited on top of the stairs to listen to what they were going to talk about. And when she heard what her father was saying, she couldn't believe it. Her father was never like that! Anything that would make her happy, would make him happy. 3 years of being apart couldn't have changed that, surely. She hurried downstairs to see the look on Jongin's face. He looked horrified. 

"Sir?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter