In Their Eyes | 23

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jongin, after what happened between your mother and I, I don't think she'd want to see me there..." For the hundreth time, Jongin had tried to persuade the girl to come to his fancy birthday ball. 

"And do you think I want to see business partners of my father with their daughters whose dresses seem to get shorter each year? Please, Soori! Both of my parents are out of town..." The conversation was on the day before the ball. She still had no idea, how she found herself in her room with Jongin's sister fixing her hair and make up the day after. The next thing she knew was being zipped up in the dress Yura had treated her to during their first encounter.

"Unnie, I..."

"Jongin's going to be there, I'll be there and so will the 3 idiots he calls friends." The younger chuckled at her name for Chanyeol, Kris and Sehun. And to add on, the said 3 were waiting downstairs in her living room- looking dashing in their Armani suits. While Yura looked stunning in an elegant but simple body hugging black dress, which Soori thought looked cheap but was probably from Dolce & Gabana or somewhere like that.

"Now let's go, there's nothing to worry about! You look like someone out of the movies, Soori." I guess, the fact that his mother won't be present lessens my worries.

Stepping downstairs, both females caught the attention of the 3 males who were busying themselves with how they looked.

"Miss Dimples, is that you?!" Chanyeol gaped at the shy Soori, who was trying to climb down the stares safely without tripping on her long dress.

"Wow, Soori, Jongin's really lucky!" Kris held out his hand to help the girl climb down comfortably, while Sehun (the always quiet one) presented an impressed face with two thumbs up.

Chanyeol opened the door but before the youngest could go through it, she grabbed her present for Jongin, She was sceptic about actually giving it to him at his party because he knew that the other presents would consist of much more expensive items but she couldn't go there empty handed. So with the help of Chanyeol, she set up a video camera at the music store and asked him to play the guitar while she sang him a song that she wrote for him especially. With that, she had managed to transfer it into an SD card, which she slipped into his card.

~

Climbing out of the rented limo, she found herself at a gigantic venue- guests going in and out with champagne in one hand and a partner on the other hand. She felt out of place already. When everyone was out (and all eyes were on the 5), Yura looped her arms through Soori's while the other three boys follwed behind like some sort of bodyguards. As they walk through the halls leading into the main area, many gaped at the 5. Yura giving slight bows, the boys smirking due to all the attention and the youngest trying hard to avoid all the staring. 

And as though there was some sort of message that they had arrived, Jongin steps out from the main area to be presented with his Soori. Yes, his sister looked dazzling and his friends were more than capable of leaving the place with all the females in the building but Soori... 

He literally had no words. His breath vanished with the small smile she gave him. With the little movement he had in him, he chose to take the last few steps to lead him closer to Soori. He took her hand proudly and kissed her knuckles, recieving a blush from her. Afterwards, he leaned into her ears and whispered, "You're attracting too much attention with your beauty." Again, building to the already apparent blush she had on. Squeezing her hand, he glanced up to his sister and friends and nodded them a thank you before leading them into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter