In Her Eyes | 16

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last week before school parts for the Christmas holiday had arrived sooner than expected. It was something that I both looked forward to but at the same time wanted to fly by quickly. Because it meant that it was closer to leaving school and graduating. That meant making my father proud. It would've also meant getting closer to see the person I cherish the most.

Yes, less than 3 months until I got the chance to see, embrace and talk to my father again. 

But first... get this over and done with.

~

I woke up earlier than usual, so I chose to walk to school instead of having to meet Chanyeol and possibly Kai on the bus.

Thinking back to the start of the school year, I would never have imagined myself to be thinking so casually about the Kim Kai. I would never have thought he would have 'feelings' for someone like me. 

Did I believe him that day? Maybe a part of me was saying to trust him... But there was the other side of me, thinking of the girls that have been in and out of the janitor's closet, his 'player' status and the Kim Kai that had personality of an icicle. 

But then again so did I.

I guess that was something we had in common.

While he had his 'Kai' character, I had my 'Cold Soori'. But look further and you'll find a 'Kim Jongin' and a 'Han Soori'.

Aiish, Soori, what are you filling your mind with?

It seemed that the walk to school was faster than usual. Was it because my mind was constantly thinking of him? That's bizarre! But how did I actually get here this fast?! As usual, I walked down the halls, to my surprise there were a lot more students hanging around the hallways than usual. But then I remembered that some people still had end-of-term exams. I also felt a lot more eyes on me than usual. Was it because my hair was tied back today? Or was it because I was wearing a cardigan due to the cold weather? Or maybe it was because I looked more feminine than usual...

"Miss, are you new here?" Is this really happening? Is Kris Wu really talking to me? And asking me whether I'm new? From behind him I could hear a couple of deep chuckles, a few seconds later I was being looked down by the two people I have gotten used to seeing since the beginning of the school year; plus the maknae of the group, Sehun. 

"SOORI?!" I jumped at the volume of Kai and Chanyeol's voice. 

"Soori?" The other two followed. 

I looked around and found that everyone's eyes were focused towards us, widened at the sight of 'some no one' with what was now, the Big 4. Some of them whispering my name with question marks at the end. What was so different about me that caused nobody to recognise me?

"T-that's not Miss Depressed," Thanks for the nickname... "Her hair's not all over her face, she's not wearing baggy clothes a-and look she's so much prettier than that girl with glasses!" Stated the tallest one. And why was he talking like I looked like a completely new person? 

"Soori, are you wearing contacts?"

What?

Crap.

My eyes widened, but this time there were no frames to cover them. I forgot to put my glasses on. I could just feel it, the hate and envy radiating from all the fangirls surrounding us. Most probably not believing it's me either, but from all the glares, I could tell that they could tell... I mean, they've ripped my glasses off of my face too many times for them not to recognise me.

"Oh God help me," I whispered to myself as I walked past the people everyone. Keep walking and ignore. 

Soon enough I found myself surviving lunch, where I spent the time in my usual music room. Chanyeol joined me as usual. But then, like 3 lost puppies, Kai, Kris and Sehun followed after. I didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter