In Her Eyes | 19

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Merry Christmas, appa.

Last Christmas alone, Soori.

Staring at the piece of jewellry, where a small quaver hung in the middle, I remembered running out of the house the next morning and retracing all of his steps just to find the peice of silver. It was Christmas day, a week after our confrontation. I must admit that I had been hoping for another knock on the door from him but I couldn't act desperate because I pushed him away. It's wierd really...

Alone as I was, I pushed away the people who willingly pulled. 

But he did hurt me.

And looking at the necklace and glancing up to the window, that was still laced in the fairy lights; still sparkling- made the pain more prominent. However, I couldn't find it within me to turn it off... or to look away for that matter. 

Sighing at my own helplessness, I stood up from the sofa and picked up the home phone to order some pizza. Yeah, pizza for Christmas... beats last year's KFC...

However, before I could make a call, the phone in my hand was ringing. On the other line, I could hear ragged breathing, I remained quiet and patient, wanting to hear who it was... hoping it was the person I wanted to hear from.

"Merry Christmas, Soori."

But the voice was unrecognisable, yet it wasn't distant. I knew I've heard it before. He chuckled, sending shivers down my spine. 

"Don't remember me? Coffee guy? Baekhyun?"

A short gasp from me followed, "H-how did you get my number?" I was in a mix of shocked and creeped out. I didn't even know the guy, I wanted to hang up but then I also wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Look, I don't mean to creep you out," way too late for that, "but I really just wanted to say happy Christmas."

"Thank... you?"

"Mhm. And remeber what I told you in the coffee shop?"

"You said a lot of things..."

"Something along the lines of staying away from someone..."

Kai.

"It sounds stupid, but I don't want you getting hurt."

"I dont know who you are!" I retorted, this guy was acting like some big brother when I had no idea who he was. In fact, I had no clue why I even lasted that long talking on the phone with him. And he still hasn't answered my first question!

"I know, but soon..."

And he hang up. 

Soon? What had he meant by soon? What does this guy know about me? And why is he so concerned about my relations to Kai?

Well.. even I was concerned with my relations to Kai.

~

The night soon fell, the day had paced itself slower than wanted but I guess me lounging around didn't aid it go by any faster. And then I realised that I had completely forgot to order pizza, so bouncing up from my seat, I once again grabbed the phone and started punching in the number but, again, I was interuppted. This time by the door.

I was reluctant to open it because perhaps it was who I had been wanting to see, but I didn't want to be disappointed if it wasn't. So after pacing back and forth in front of the door, I decided to turn the handle. Only to find a brightly smiling Chanyeol holding a guitar in one hand and balancing 3 boxes of pizza on the other. How was he able to read my mind?

"Merry Christmas!" 

And I couldn't help but smile because this guy wat too contagious. "And to you too, giant! But Chanyeol, you didn't have to..." I said, eyeing the piled up boxes.

"You should tell that to the guy over there."

Even without looking, I knew who he was reffering to. There it was again, my heart hammering against my chest and finally brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter