In Her Eyes | 8

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For three days straight the three of us stayed after school for three hours to work on the project. The sooner we got it done, the sooner I could get away from the two. They had been persistent in taking me to their house, which I repeatedly (but still quietly) declined. They mentioned going to my house once and I full on said no.

Today, was like any other day. After the last class finished I made my way over to the library, where our spot had basically been reserved at the back of it. I pulled out what we had managed to get done so far from my bag and started pulling out some books from the shelves, while I waited for the two to come. 

During the times, I worked with the two, Chanyeol and I had actually gotten along, we would share a chuckle every now and then. Meanwhile the ice cold king, just stared at the two of us- this would make me snap back into reality that I shouldn't really be mixing with Chanyeol. So I would continue with my work and pretend that nothing had happened. 

Apart from the social set back, we did make a good team. Kai would note down the research, Chanyeol would read that out loud, while I write everything down. For the project, we decided to keep it within Korea. We chose Busan, wich coincidentally was where Aunt Hana lived. However, I knew nothing about it, and neither did the others, apart from common knowledge, so we had to start from scratch.

"Let's get this thing done."

I jumped at the bag that was thrown at the table, I looked up to find Kai and Chanyeol just behind with his grin. 

"Oh by the way guys, I'm only staying until 5 so yeah... you guys might need to.... talk." Chanyeol's deep voice announced, he was rocking between his heels and toes, aware that if he left, everything would be awkward between me and Kai. The guy's been over my house! But yeah, still awkward.

"M-maybe we should just cut this session short?"

"No!" We both turned to stare at Kai's sudden loud outburst.

"I-I mean the sooner we get this thing finished the sooner I won't have to stay in afterschool." Kai spoke his, mind, he seemed to have lingered a bit with his reasoning but I couldn't argue because I actually agreed with him. 

An hour into the project Chanyeol started helping me with the design of it, Kai had gone off on a computer and started collecting a new set of information. 

"Maybe we should do it across the page..." I pouted as I thought of it in my head.

"Yeah I think it could work," I nodded.

"Alright, hold the ruler in place." I followed his instruction, while he sat opposite me. Slowly he leaned over the table and I felt like an hour passed as he drew across it. He wasn't even looking at what he was doing. He looked straight at me. Right in my eyes.

I wonder how much you could tell from a person just by looking in their eyes. In Chanyeol's I was sure, I saw warmth, kindness. But then again you could say the same for fangirls, yet they seem to prove me wrong.

"Ahem." We turned in unison

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter