In His Eyes | 10

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt like an idiot. I was an idiot. How much of a fool I was to say those things to her. God! Look where curiosity got you again!

When I closed the door behind me, I wanted to run back in, to apologise; say sorry over and over again until she doesn't interrupt me anymore and just let me hold her. She was crying, I had never felt so bad for making a girl cry until then. I had never felt so bad when any others would shout at me, like she had done. Maybe it was because I was so used to her smooth, melodious voice, flowing through my ears. But it turned into ringing, and banging into my eardrums.

Not to mention the fact than she screamed at me to get out of her house the moment she spotted me in her room. I understand, that I shouldn't have been in there, but in my mind, I didn't want her to go to the trouble of doing the project by herself all over again. So I had good intentions- I was just drying the project with the hair dryer. 

I didn't mean it. I didn't mean for her to catch me. And I certainly didn't mean to startle her enough to let go of the only thing covering her. It was a... new experience and may I say, that the clothes she wore to school did her figure no justice at all. She was beautiful.

And I found out she was even more beautiful when she poured her emotions out.

I didn't mean it. To call her a fake. Because she was far from one. She was just simply protecting herself from getting hurt any further. But the people around her didn't realise that. No one understood. Especially me.

I'm sorry, Soori.

That night, I promised myself that the first thing I'd do the next morning was to apologise.

~

But the next morning, another english class was due, yet there was no girl beside me.

"Psst, Yeol, seen her?" I asked him, leaning my head towards her chair. The guy shook his head, his eyebrows furrowing moments later as well.

"Why? Suddenly worried about her?" He gave me a playful look, to which I glared at. However, no denying could cover up the worry I had. What if she was sick at home from the rain? Or worse, what if she was at home, crying, alone. No one would be there to comfort her, to tell her everything's going to be alright, even if it wasn't. At least, for that moment she knew that with someone by her side, everything would be fine. But no one was there. 

Her father was in prison. Why? Was he the bad person? Was he the reason why Soori had become what she was? Was he the reason why her mother left?

But if he was really that bad, why did she not take her child with her? What kind of mother would have the heart to leave her own child and continue on with another family? What kind of mother would leave her own child to face the world by themselves? 

Then I realised that my mother, my family, did the same to my sister.

And I couldn't let Soori experience a life full of loneliness and isolation any longer.

So call it pity or whaever... but I want to make her smile again. 

~

The next day, I waited. And waited. And waited.

It was the last day of the week. She didn't come again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter