In Their Eyes | 6

In Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the second time. She knew that she couldn't hide for long... neither could she help it if anyone had recognised her but it was just something the girl never hoped would happen. And this time it was Chanyeol. The guy who had sat in front of her on the bus and sat beside her in english class for the past week. Not to mention, her frame-free face had been fully exposed to the guy.

She waited for it. For her name to come out of his mouth. But it never came.

"You're the girl who sold my cousin the guitar! He described you perfectly!"

Cousin? Guitar? I haven't sold any guitars since...

KAI?

He's related to the jerk?!

What did he say about me? How did he describe me? Ughh the thought of that guy just makes my blood boil!

"Could you help me pick out some guitar strings for the guitar?"

"S-sure."

~

"Thank you! Come back soon."

Suho turned to face the girl who was no less than a centimetre shorter than him. He had a smile on his face. A smile that was too playful for her taste. 

"Stop smiling like that, it's creepy." But he kept at it.

"You're head was barely down and you know the guy." He always thought that he was right, which 99% of the time, he was.

"What's it to you?" She gave him a stare that was challenging, but he wasn't buying it.

"You're willing to be recognised now? Are you in love with the guy?"

No, she was not in love. A look of pure blankness covered her face, did she want him to recognise her? Soori, you sound like some kind of idol. Perhaps in her mind, she thought that he would, she wanted to be known- by one person who had, for the past week, treated her normally, despite the hate that had been thrown. Perhaps she wanted to talk to someone more often... someone who wasn't Suho. Someone who wasn't on paper- who she would write to but she knew would never reply.

Or perhaps she was destined to be alone.

"Yah! I was joking. Business is quite slow, why don't you take off now..."

"But I just arrived."

"I'm sure you'd like it more at home."

"I beg to differ."

Home was lonely. And in a way, she was thankful to Kai who had just for a few moments managed to add some noise to the house. A house that used to be filled with singing, laughter; shared between a family that had been, to simply put it, seperated. However, she would never make the mistake of letting him into her house again. Because no matter how many times she had said that the place was lonely, it held her earliest memories. It was her world. Why allow a jerk like him enter her world again?

~

Sunday came by in a blur. And it was monday. She waited at the bus stop and hurriedly sat down at the usual seat. And as usual, at 7:48 a tall young man saunters in with his grin. The same young man from the day before and the same young man who made her think that she had finally been noticed. She had grown used to it. It had been the same for the week before and it would probably stay the same. 

At exactly 7:55 the bus dropped the two off at the entrance of the school. The 2nd week.

That week Chanyeol had started to get weird.

On that same day, he walked from the bus stop to the school, beside her. No matter how much she tried to edge away from him and try to lose him, he would find his way back. He didn't say anything, which made the girl more confused. If he had nothing to say, why was he following me?

On tuesday, the time of day came, when english had to occur. With Kai on one side and Chanyeol on the other. She really did wonder what she had done to deserve all the luck. Not. However, 10 minutes into the lesson, right after Mr. Choi had instructed them to be quiet and write an essay, Chanyeol leaned over to her desk, star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter