Reality Bites

HOME - {Completed}
Selina lays awake that night but she was unable to move and she stays rooted in her bed. She felt like a fool,and she was feeling so guilty,knowing that Jiro is in a relationship and she was responding to his kisses. She could not cry in as much as she wants to.

How am I going to face him tomorrow,she thought.She felt shamed and humiliated. Now he knows how she felt all along about him,she thought.

Jiro was unable to sleep too.He keeps tossing and turning in his bed.Selina's heat and warmth stays in his body.It is like a hunger that cannot be filled. He want her in his arms tonight but the thoughts of Hebe played on his mind. He knew now that he loves Selina but how is he going to break Hebe's heart. He can't break her heart, they have been together through a lot.He still love her although not as the way it was before. He have to think everything through before he makes any steps.

By the crack of dawn, Jiro was all dressed and packed. He knocked on Selina's room,and she was all dressed and ready to go.

Jiro wants to tell her something,but somehow,he lost the courage to say it. No words are uttered on the way to the car. He wants to tell her something but his commitment to Hebe stopped him. He have to tie loose ends first before he can even tell her what he truly feels. He is afraid to ask her and afraid of what will be her answer to him. He still does not know what to do,but he knows he have to really think it over.

Selina remains quiet through out the trip,no jokes,no stories. They cannot pretend that it did not happen . And the fact that he is being quiet and not talking means that he wants to forget that it ever happen and regretted the kiss.

Selina almost run to her door without turning when they got to her apartment. She barely managed a muffled goodbye. Jiro wanted to run after her but he stayed rooted where he was and then he drove away.

"I am not yet a free man ,Selina,maybe soon." Jiro told to himself in a whisper. He have to see Hebe and talked to her. He needs clarity on what he really feel,as he drove away.....

Selina went to office that day. She does not want to stay in the apartment and mope. For her work is a therapy for her.This will take away the sad thoughts on Jiro,she thought

Calvin saw her on the way in the office. He smiled at her.He was b with happiness as he smiled.

"Good morning Boss." Selina said.

"Good morning Selina."Calvin said " What is wrong with you? It looks like you never have any sleep."

Selina smiled at him. "I am just tired,we just got here this morning and I have an early start." Selina said."Somebody is happy here. I wonder why?"

Calvin just smiled at her teasing and keep his mouth mum about the whole thing between him and Rainie. It is still a long haul but he is definitely getting there.

Selina stayed in the office the whole day,trying to put up her whole story from her previous assignment. She was a featured writer on the papers Sunday magazine.She have the whole month covered for now.She just needs to gather all the pictures that she have taken and picked up which one to put up.

It was almost seven when she was done,when her phone rang and it is Ariel . Ariel has been her friend from college who just got married.They will be moving out of state soon.And she needs to see them before they leave.

"Hello Ariel" greeted Selina "Sorry for not answering you back.I was out in the weekend and just came back today."

"Oh me and Joe are leaving next week and I want to see you before we leave." Ariel said."Are you available tomorrow for dinner,how about at six.?"

"Sure, I' ll be there. See you tomorrow." Selina said as she hung up.

Jiro stayed in his place all day,not doing anything. He refused the call from his agent that afternoon. He is still undecided whether to take the next project or not. He has never read the script yet. Genie called up for dinner,but he does not feel like going out for today.His thoughts are filled with Selina. He does not know how long can he last without seeing her again....

The next day,it was raining hard, a late spring rain as he looked on his glass window.He wonder what is she doing right now. He missed her already. Less than twenty four hours and he is already missing her. He does not know how long he is going to last without seeing her.

Hebe called last night and she will be gone for a month,she will be off to Australia. And how is he going to settle the matter of their heart,when Hebe is halfway round the globe . Now being alone ,it made everything clearer to him that it is Selina that he loves. But he cannot break up with Hebe if she is all the way to Australia. He have to wait until she comes back from Australia. But can he wait that long?

Selina was already late on her date with Ariel and Joe .She rushed through the traffic and crowd of people. She went in side the restaurant and Ariel and Joe was already there,as they waved their hands at the sight of her.

She gave them a hug and a kiss. Ariel is glowing and you can see the love between the two. She felt envious for her friend found her partner in life already and here she was stranded in unrequited love.

She sat down and notice the two extra setting on the table. They ordered their drinks.

"Somebody else is coming to join us?" Selina asked.

"Oh yes,I forgot to tell you,Jiro and Arron are joining us too." Ariel said."I know they are your friends and you wouldn't mind."

Selina just nodded her head.She could not back out now.And then the two of them are just in front of them, Arron with a big smile and Jiro with out an expression on his face,he is not smiling and yet it is not a frown either.

Selina smiled at them,more to Arron than Jiro ,as Arron sat next to her. Selina and Arron stared at each other trying to convey their secret message to each other and it did not escaped Jiro. He felt sore the whole night and it leave a bad taste on his mouth.