chapter 8 - jealousy

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DANIEL POV

 

seeing that Chanhee still hasn't returned back home, I grabbed his laptop and decided to chat around with my anonymous friend until he returns back home.

I've been chatting with this nameless guy for months now and something about him made me feel so relaxed. It felt as if we knew each other for years now and we could literally talk about everything and anything. I even poured some of my deepest secrets to him and he listened to them so carefully. I started feeling even lightly cherished, even if only because of a stranger. But it felt good to have such a good friend. And the possibility of us ever meeting is unimaginable so I'm not afraid of opening up to him, since he's so polite to me.

“M... Ma... Ml... ah here he is”! I happily exclaimed and clicked onto the name 'Mr.Bang'. Weird name, what can I say, but it's not like mine is much better. Seriously, who'd call himself 'fishlips'? But it's not like I care about the name a lot, though... it doesn't mean anything.

As quick as possible, I wrote down a message for him.

Fishlips: hi ~ ~ how was your day?

 

I waited for a minute, but seeing that he wasn't online, I pouted but then remembered that he's probably still at work. He did mention few days ago that he works as a waiter, but I didn't quite remember the way his shifts go. Although I secretly hope that he tends to sneak from his work only to text me sometimes.

I even giggled at the mere thought.

But as he answered few seconds after, I seriously took that thought into consideration.

Mr.Bang: hi cutie, I had a rough day :( but you just made it a lot more better ;) is it alright for me to say that I missed you? Aw, I know you missed me too hehe ~ ~ how was your day? Have you arrived yet in Seoul?

 

Why am I smiling so much right now?

 

Fishlips: aww, your fish is here to console you ^^  you don't have to be sad anymore!! anyways, I arrived few hours ago... but I feel sooo tired *yawns* and I'm happy to be with my friend here once again.

 

 Mr.Bang: my fish? I like the way it sounds. You know that, right? And if you're tired, just wrap yourself in a blanket and imagine me holding you in my arms :)

 

flirting is a common thing already between us. However, no matter how common that is, it never stops me from blushing actually. It's been a while since I've been treated in a romantic way and even those little signs of care mean a lot to me.

 

Fishlips: *blushes madly*

 

Mr.Bang: *wraps my arms even tighter against your waist and whispers on your ear just how cute you are.*

 

that was the end of me. I squawked and buried my head in a pillow, giggling crazily.

“what are you doing”? I heard Chanhee asking and I immediately sat straight up, cursing myself for having such reddened face in front of him.

“n-nothing.” I defended myself, but he didn't buy it. Instead, he jumped onto the bed and stole the laptop from me, ignoring the loud gasp that escaped my lips.

“yah! Give that back”! I yelled but he only stuck his tongue at me like a little kid and refused to return it to me.

“omo, who's that”? He questioned me and my already red cheeks became even redder. Oh my Gosh why do I feel so embarrassed?

“um, just a guy I've been chatting with lately.” I answered leisurely, although I did not feel comfortable at all, talking about that.

“do you know who he is”? Chanhee asked me with a frown and I shook my head. “nah, we're just playing around.”

“aah, just playing around.” Chanhee playfully repeated, although I managed to notice something on his face, despite him smiling so widely.

“you've been crying”! I accused him and before he could even prepare, I pulled him on the bed and made him face me. “tell me what happened”! I demanded and he lowered his head down, but I lifted it back up almost immediately, making him whine. I ignored the protests.

“nothing happened... you know how emotional I am.” lies. “tell me who he is so I can beat him up”! Why is he giggling all of a sudden while I'm being serious?!!!

“you look funny” he playfully hit my shoulder and I pouted for a moment before remembering about what we were talking. “don't avoid the subject! And tell me what happened”! Having no other choice, he sighed and finally decided to stop avoiding my questions.

“I just... love someone that thinks I don't actually love him.”

“I don't understand.” I admitted, awaiting for his further explanation.

“I fell in love with this guy, few weeks ago... he's a complete sweetheart and is good with words.” his lips curled into a soft smile, yet his glance was fixed on some spot on the wall. But then that smile disappeared. “I told him today that I love him. He didn't believe me. He thinks... he thinks that I'm only in love with the idea of love and in his words, and not him” by now, he was already crying and I immediately pulled him in my embrace, cursing the guy that made my Chanhee cry. I mean, what the hell is wrong with that guy? How can he not trust this angel?!

“if he thinks that way, he's an idiot then”! I spitted out those words, but sensing how much Chanhee was shivering now, my tone softened. “but maybe he just made that up because he is afraid himself of admitting his feelings.” I offered an explanation, but Chanhee shook his head as soon as those words left my mouth.

“he's in love with someone else.”

“but does that person love him back”? I asked and Chanhee seemed to hesitate about the answer. “that person is gone out of his life.”

“well then, you have the chance.” I concluded before frowning. “did you guys kiss”? Instead of an answer, Chanhee only lightly nodded and for some reason, I found myself smirking. “did he kiss you, or did you kiss him”?

“he kissed me.” Chanhee answered, though his voice was a bit uncertain. He seemed to hesitate about giving the details about that to me. I wonder why, I thought and smirked again.

“oh well then, it's clear already, isn't it? He wouldn't have kissed you if he had no feelings for you.”

“yeah but... things are kinda complicated between us.” he said and I was about to ask him for some further explanation, but he got up way too soon.

“let's just go to sleep, okay? We'll talk tomorrow.” he smiled at me and went to change into his pajama and left me there to stare dumbfounded at the bathroom door.

Not long after though, he returned and jumped on the bed again, snuggling in the blanket right next to me. “sleep here this night, please”? He gave me one of the cutest glances from his position and I couldn't say no to that. I just softly smiled at him and ruffled his hair before laying down beside him and letting him cuddle against me.

Out of nowhere, I remembered loving strawberry scented shampoo Byunghun used the best.

Chanhee hates everything related to strawberries.

But then why does he smell the same as him?

 

 

BYUNGHUN POV

 

“, , !” I kept on cursing for myself and hitting whatever piece of furniture I could find in my room. I knew that it in no way deserved my kicks, but I had to let my frustration out at least on something. Something that could further the annoying thoughts away from my mind.

Thoughts about kissing Lee Chanhee.

As the images of the kiss repeated themselves once again inside of my head, I let out a loud groan and just plopped myself down on my bed, wishing I could just stop thinking at least for a while.

But the traitor of my heart decided otherwise. I could hear every single pump of my heart very clearly, and I was aware of the fact that it skipped a beat every time thoughts about Chanhee entered my mind.

I screwed it all up with the kiss, haven't I?

I kissed him because I thought it would be for the best. I kissed him to see if my guesses were right and if he was slowly falling for me. I kissed him only to make sure he was gone away after proving his feelings.

Although I did not expect myself to actually feel something. I did not expect the warmness that wrapped itself around my heart once I placed my lips onto his soft ones.

I did not expect myself to long for his touch once again after I so cowardly ran away.

So now, instead of having him no longer by my side, I just wanted him back. And it drove me mad. All those emotions that were so suddenly filling my heart... it was strange. I thought Niel was the only person I could ever love, but...

Niel. Why does it feel as if I am betraying him? I know that he's gone and everything, but I still feel so guilty... I've been waiting for him for so long, been loyal for years and just why did I have to grow weak after so much time?

And why... why Lee Chanhee? Why him?

They say you can never blame love.

But then who can I blame if not love?

Because love is the biggest criminal in the world. Stealing hearts and ruling over them is so cruel, isn't it? And I found myself as a hostage of it...

with the tears being my only friends.

And no escape left for me.

 

 

CHANHEE POV

 

I found sleep quite impossible for me this night. Yet seeing Niel sleeping so peacefully made me frown. Why can't I sleep like that instead of thinking about him?

While I could honestly say that my life without Byunghun and without love was extremely boring, I'd stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter