chapter 19 - when love knocks on the door

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV

 

the five o clock in the afternoon came quicker than I expected.

But instead of being ready and all dressed up, I was eating ice cream in the kitchen.

When Niel entered the kitchen, he carefully eyed me from head to toe before frowning.

“don't tell me that you're going out like that.” Niel wondered out loud and for a moment, I didn't even register about what he was talking, but only a second after it all made sense.

I totally forgot to dress up for the date.

“distract him when he comes”! I yelled to the still confused Niel and then marched upstairs in my room to get ready.

I heard the bell ringing and, after a while, Byunghun's laughter reached me. Niel has obviously told him already that I'd just started getting ready. That traitor.

I had tried million times already to understand why I'm always so late, but no matter how hard I thought the conclusion just wouldn't get to me.

After finally being ready, I plunged down the stairs and almost knocked down poor Niel who happened to find himself in my way.

And then I even abandoned the house, going on my date.

Without Byunghun.

I reached the street already when it had finally struck me. I had completely forgotten to take Byunghun with me.

I couldn't decide whether to cry or laugh at my own stupidity. But at the end I still chuckled because I was really being silly. There's no need for me to be so nervous.

But easier said that done.

“going somewhere without me”? Byunghun leaned onto the doorway and I turned around, only to blush madly upon seeing how handsome he was. He was wearing tight, red jeans and a black shirt, mostly covered with the leather jacket. His hair was as messy as always, but it was his charm, I guess. I liked having it more that way because I could ruffle his hair every once in a while without him minding it. Hopefully.

“ah.. sorry...” I muttered, shyly lowering my head down. Byunghun softly chuckled and then quickly approached me. “it's okay. But...” he scratched the back of his neck nervously. “um, do you have anywhere in particular you want to go to”?

I widened my eyes and cocked my head aside only to suspiciously eye him.

“don't tell me... you invited me on a date, but haven't prepared anything”? I asked him, faking anger even though I wanted to laugh.

“ah I didn't know what you would like and I... yah don't put the blame on me! I'm nervous here”! He pouted and I just couldn't help but smile. He was just so incredibly cute like that. I steppe                                                                             d closer to him and took his hand into mine, not even hiding the blush that appeared on my face.

“I was just kidding. It doesn't matter where we're going, nor does it have to be something special. Just being with you is enough.”

Since when have I become so cheesy? Even I felt like puking at my own words, but it would seem like my answer only made Byunghun even more shy. Even if I end up throwing up because of my own cheesiness, at least it would be worth teasing Byunghun.

“umm.. right, yeah. Well... shall we go to the cinema”? He suggested and I pouted, shaking my head immediately. “I don't feel like watching a movie.”

“umm... shall we go for a walk”? He asked and I smirked, carefully enough not to let him see it.

“I'm too lazy.” I simply answered and it took Byunghun off guard. He was stunned for a few seconds before he regained his senses.

“dinner”? His voice was filled with hope, but I felt like teasing some more so I shook my head. “I ate a while ago.”

now it was obvious that he was becoming rather impatient.

“then just a drink”?

“nah, boring.” I replied and he angrily pouted, but still continued trying.

“let's go to the park”? He expectantly glanced at me, but I faked a shiver. “too cold.” I whined and then theatrically tightened my coat so I could be warmer.

“yaah, but you said anywhere is good with me”! He folded his arms across his chest and pouted, looking everywhere but me. That was when I giggled and decided that it was enough of teasing him.

“I was just joking with you... let's go to the cinema.” I finally agreed and then pulled him forward along my side.

It didn't take us long to finally reach the cinema and when we did, we bought the tickets for some movie Byunghun wanted to watch, though I wasn't much interested. But at least I'll get my popcorns.

It turned out the movie was a horror so I was glad I wasn't watching it. I just ate my popcorns happily, evilly laughing at the people around me for getting scared every once in a while.

Though when Byunghun got scared in one moment and somehow foolishly managed to kick my popcorns on the floor, I wasn't amused anymore since I had nothing to eat anymore. Byunghun only apologetically smiled at me but I decided not to forgive him so easily. Only when he pulled me into his embrace and somehow nervously wrapped his arms around my waist, I contently smiled and snuggled against him, realizing that this was the best date ever. Perhaps mostly because it was so simple, neither of us was trying so hard to make it perfect. Instead, just being like this was more than enough for me. Being held like this made my heart feel warm.

Somewhere around the middle of the movie, I felt my phone vibrating and I pulled it out form my pocket as quite as possible. But Byunghun was too engrossed in his movie to even notice anything.

It was a message from Minsoo.

Minsoo: wanna come to my cafè later with Byunghun? Maybe it should be appropriate for Byunghun and me to stop being enemies :P

I smiled and was about to text him back when I noticed Byunghun's suspicious glance. I bit down onto my lip and then decided to show him the message. He frowned at first but then sighed.

“I guess I'll be seeing you two a lot together, huh”? He quietly whispered to me and I nodded, obviously intending to be good friends with Minsoo. Not only do I get privileges in his cafè and free hot chocolate, but he is genuinely sweet towards me so of course that I enjoy in his company.

“yeah.” I casually responded and he once again deeply sighed before smiling. “okay. Let's go there after the movie ends.” he responded and I squawked happily and only tightened my grip around his waist. He only smiled some more in response.

I quickly texted Minsoo back, telling him that we would come soon and then I decided to pay my whole attention to Byunghun.

Though it bothered me a little that he wasn't even acknowledging me, it gave me a relief at the same time. That way I could just stare at him without being afraid of getting caught.

I started gently caressing his hand with my fingers, loving how soft his skin was. But more than anything, I loved watching his face. No matter what facial expression he made, he somehow always ended up looking beautiful. Maybe it was just me seeing him in that light, but he was indeed perfect. That's love, isn't it?

Every time he bit down on his lip, I'd unconsciously bite my own too, as if longing for a kiss. He was way too unreal for me, like a dream I never wanted to wake up from.

“wanna take a picture so you can look at me whenever I'm not there”? Not taking his eyes off the screen, Byunghun mocked me and I instantly blushed upon realizing that I was caught staring. But when Byunghun finally averted his glance towards me, I completely melted, forgetting about even being ashamed a while ago.

“you're making it hard for me to concentrate on the movie.” he said, raising his eyebrows and I grinned because it made me feel proud of myself.

“I'm not doing anything.” I defended myself but it caused Byunghun to sigh and shake his head. “you're being beautiful. It's enough.” he softly whispered and my heart instantly skipped a bit. I couldn't even recover from that because the next second, Byunghun's lips were already on mine.

It was a short, but extremely sweet kiss. Enough to make me feel dazzled until the end of the movie. Even then, Byunghun had to help me get out, laughing all along at – how he called it my 'cuteness'. I wasn't even able to blush properly until fresh air finally sobered me up.

But that all made the things worse.

Because Byunghun then pecked my lips once, twice, and once more, and then again, making me resemble a tomato. After my heart couldn't take it anymore I ran away, giggling at the thought of being followed by Byunghun.

I don't even know how, but we managed to reach Minsoo's cafè perfectly safe, without getting hit by a car. How playful we were, it was really a miracle that neither of us got hurt.

We sat on our usual seat and I immediately took my jacket off.

Right then Minsoo came by our table, acting all professional.

“good afternoon. What would you like to order”? He asked and then winked at me, probably only to provoke Byunghun.

“yah! I don't see how that's gonna help with us not being enemies anymore.” Byunghun instantly grumbled and I giggled at his jealousy.

“ah what can I do, Chanhee is so cute.” Minsoo continued provoking him, successfully making Byunghun frown

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter