Chapter 29 - don't stop believing in love

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MYUNGSOO POV

 

Despite swearing that I would never again return into this town, that I was done having any business with Ricky, a part of me just couldn’t cope with that. I was stronger now that I’ve ever been before, especially with having Sungyeol by my side, but a part of that strength was still a sensitive spot and could give in easily to a mere sound of Ricky’s voice. Hearing him so broken didn’t leave me indifferent. I couldn’t stand hearing him like that.

So here I was, once again, running to him. Doing everything I swore to myself that I wouldn’t do. But I knew that at least this time, I wouldn’t be so pathetic to stay side by side to a guy who did nothing but break my heart over and over again throughout my life. And a sleeping figure on the passenger seat in my car was my guarantee that this time, I would walk out of Ricky’s life once again with my head high and a bright smile plastered on my face.

As Sungyeol started fidgeting on the seat and mumbling some incoherent words, I glanced at him worriedly and reached my hand out to him. I knew that he was having a bad dream, the one probably involving his ex boyfriend. I was already used to his nightmares, but it still made me worry.

“hey, wake up.” I lightly shook his shoulder and his beautiful black eyes slowly fluttered open and for a while he just stared at me with the same insecure and frightened look in his eyes as always after the nightmares. But soon enough that frightened look was exchanged with the one of the feeling of safety.

“are you alright”? I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders before sitting up in a more comfortable position. He then yawned cutely and I just couldn’t help but smile and ruffle his adorably messed up sleep hair. He glared at me for doing that but didn’t say anything. He wasn’t much of a talker after sleeping anyway. But I was used to all of his habits already.

Realizing that I was already in front of my old apartment, I let out a sigh and parked hesitantly in front of it. The place brought both uncomfortable and happy memories to me at once. But mostly, they were all uncomfortable and even a little sad.

“this is it.” I murmured more to myself, as if I was trying to assure myself that this was not a dream. Although it certainly felt like one.

The old building hadn’t changed even a bit while I was gone. The walls were still the light shade of grey and old looking.

With another sigh, I opened the door and took the things out of the car. And then just stood there, unable to think of my next move. But luckily, Sungyeol was right there to grab my hand and as he smiled at me encouragingly, I forgot about all of my worries and just lead the way towards the apartment with my head high and hand in hand with the only person ever that made my heart feel in such a peace.

~

“you’re back”! Chanhee yelled in excitement as soon as he saw me and ran immediately to hug me. I spread my arms widely and smiled as I waited for the bone crushing hug to come. But I didn’t mind it. I even missed him.

As he finally let go, I turned to Sungeyol which made Chanhee do the same. “Sungyeol, this is my friend Chanhee. Chanhee, this is Sungyeol.”

“nice to meet you.” They both said at the same time, and while Chanhee’s laughter was one of pure joy, Sungyeol’s was slightly hesitant and insecure but still honest.

Well, at least he does laugh and smile now that he’s with me.

“I’m glad you’re here, don’t take this wrong, but what made you come back”? Chanhee asked curiously and I let out a tensed sigh. “Ricky… he called yesterday. It seems like he’s going through some tough time dealing with his emotions. I thought if I was gone, he would come to his senses and would finally accept the fact that he’s in love with Changjo, which I have no doubt he has concluded already, but is still a stubborn pain in the and won’t acknowledge love as something good.”

“ugh, I know, they are both pissing me off honestly.” Chanhee replied and rolled his eyes before snapping his fingers. “hey, let’s go to Minsoo’s café on a drink, shall we”? he suggested and I only shrugged my shoulders, both agreeing to the offer and not agreeing at the same time.

“Sungyeol”? I called out for him, asking for his opinion and he only slightly nodded his head in agreement. My eyes narrowed as I realized what he was doing.

I approached him carefully and whispered in his ear: “it’s alright if you don’t want to go, I’m not forcing you. You don’t have to make decisions you don’t like. Not anymore.” And then I stepped away to give him some space.

“I know.” He genuinely smiled. “I want to come. Really.”

And so all three of us were headed towards the café.

Since I’ve never had the opportunity to actually meet the Minsoo guy, I kept on wondering about his personality. Since I’ve heard that he was now Niel’s boyfriend, I assumed he had a ‘weak’ personality and left all the decisions to be made by the queen Niel.

But the man in the café with whom I shook my hand with was nothing like I imagined. This man had a strong will, and an incredible way of persuading people into believing everything he wanted them to believe.

Oh I liked him.

But what left me flabbergasted was him bringing ten cups of hot chocolate on the table and two glasses of coke. But Minsoo noticed my confusion and nodded towards Chanhee. “what can I say. He’s a spoiled little brat.” He mock said and Chanhee giggled. “I love you too.” he replied in the same mocking voice and all I could do was laugh at the two idiots.

Soon enough Niel joined us too. He only appeared by Minsoo’s side all of a sudden, like a ghost I would even dare to say, but Minsoo seemed to have expected him as he reflexively wrapped his right arm around Niel’s waist and pulled him close enough to show him some affection, but at the same time to look like they were only friends to avoid problems in the café. But the following gaze he sent in his way, the passionate yet caring kind of look, would be enough to convince anyone who would look in their way that they were more than just friends. However, no one except of me seemed to have taken any interest in the two lovebirds.

And so we spent a few more hours together, just having fun and making jokes. Sungyeol seemed comfortable enough and I could sense that he liked the new environment. I even promised to buy Chanhee a box of chocolates as a gift because I felt so grateful that he kept on involving Sungyeol in the conversation, as if being careful enough not to make him feel left out. At the end, they even started talking quietly among themselves, although I don’t know what exactly about because I didn’t want to intrude their privacy. But for some reason, I found myself smiling. I, who had a lot of problems making friends, grew fond of Chanhee in only matters of hours when I first met him. Sungyeol, who was afraid of everyone, easily adapted to Chanhee’s weird personality.

Chanhee seemed to have the ability to win everyone over. The boy had an extreme amount of charisma.

And I felt so grateful for having him as a friend.

As I glanced at the clock, I noticed that it was already five pm. And exactly then, Ricky entered the café. We had agreed yesterday that I would text him when to meet. Exactly because he was so keen on the idea of travelling by a train to wherever I was living, I refused his offer and decided to come here myself. Mostly because I didn’t want him to know where I was and because I wanted both for Sungyeol and me to face this town again.

I knew that I should’ve texted him as soon as I got into town, but somehow I just didn’t feel like doing that. I rather decided to give him some time to cool down himse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter