chapter - insane

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“brace yourself, here I come”! I exclaimed and then just threw myself on the bed. I cuddled myself into the blanket and smiled, loving the warmness wrapping around me. I really missed my bed.

It turned out that my mother wasn't even mad. Or she was, but she wouldn't tell me. She just ignored me and so I was left alone. I used that chance to start writing the first chapter of Byunghun's story. For the first time ever, I actually even felt nervous about writing something, perhaps only because it was Byunghun's story. I wondered if he would like it, or how would he react if I did something wrong...  it all bothered me for no exact reason.

“Chanhee? Can you come downstairs”? My mother called for me and I pouted. Do I really now have to get up from this warm, cozy bed only to be scolded at? Unfortunately, the answer is yes. So no matter how much unwilling to get up I was, I jumped off the bed and lazily went downstairs towards the living room. I saw my mom holding the phone in her hands and as she turned to smile at me, I found myself frowning. I thought she would be angry and disappointed because of me, I most certainly did not expect her actually smiling at me.

“guess the good news.” she was excited and I once again frowned, wondering what could actually be that exciting to make her anger disappear?

“just tell me.” I sighed and she happily clapped her hands. “Niellie is finally coming back home in about two, or three weeks. He says his operation was successful.” after hearing that, my eyes widened and I thought my heart was about to burst out of happiness. I haven't seen Daniel for years now and it wasn't much of a secret just how much I missed him. He was like a brother to me in those times when he lived here and we would spend hours and hours together every day. Everyone knew just how inseparable we were. Then there was the time when he found himself someone who he cared about a lot and our friendship went through a lot of hardships because of that. I was happy because of him, because he was so happy with his lover, but at the same time I couldn't help myself but feel a little hurt by all that. I was ignored and even refused to meet his boyfriend and so he got angry at me. We never managed to get over that argument and so I regretted not telling him just how sorry I was when I had the time to do that. Later on when I tried to tell him, he was already gone, without even a single goodbye. I found out about his sickness, that he had a tumour on his brain and had to go on a surgery if he wanted to live. I never stopped blaming myself for being so reckless and actually never saying sorry, or how much I cared for him. I thought I'd lost him. But now I would get to see him again and I felt so excited!

“won't you say anything”? My mother wondered, rather confused by the lack of my answer, and I blinked. In a matter of second, I was there right next to her, hugging her with all my strength. I needed to get those feelings out of me at least in some way. “I can't wait to meet him”! I exclaimed excitedly and she lightly chuckled. “I know.”

after a while, I finally stepped away from her and now I felt a little uneasy. Looking anywhere but at her, I quietly spoke: “I'm sorry for not being able to come to the dinner.”

“it's alright.” she softly said before adding: “I understand why you don't like that girl.”

“you do”? I gasped and she once again chuckled at my bewildered expression.

“yes. You have quite a weird temperament. And if both of your personalities clashed against each other, a third world war would have occurred. So therefore, I'm not gonna bother you about her anymore. Now about your father...”

“my father doesn't worry me. He barely even cares for me, so he has no right to interfere in my life.” my face was expressionless. I think I inherited all that pride exactly from my father.

“don't be like that, he does care for you. He's just a... busy man.” she quietly said and a scoff escaped my lips. “like I care... I'm gonna head off to sleep now. Good night.” I softly told her and smiled before returning back to my room.

Now that I was alone, I suddenly started having double thoughts about all of this with Daniel. On one hand I was so excited that he was returning back, I wanted to see him so badly, yet on the other side.. what if he doesn't want to see me? What if he's still not forgotten about what happened between us in the past? And if he... doesn't accept my apology?

With a sigh, I plopped myself down on my bed once again and decided to ignore all of my thoughts. I fell asleep, knowing that I would have to face all of the problems tomorrow again. But they say everything is easier to bear at the day.

I wonder if Daniel is going to have to bear with his feelings for that certain 'L.Joe' how he called him now that he's coming back. Will his ex boyfriend again interfere into our friendship? Well, now there's only time left for me to see how it's all gonna end up. And I  wish it could all get a happy ending...

 

BYUNGHUN POV

 

“hungry”? Changjo asked me, not even taking his eyes off his phone. I was having a sleepover at his house and therefore, shouldn't I get all of his attention? Why is his phone always more important?!

With a sigh, I plopped myself down onto the bed and muttered a muffled: “no” against the pillow.

For some time, everything was quiet. But when I heard a loud groan from Changjo, I knew that he'd lost the game.

And it proved right, as he sat next to me only few seconds after.

“how are the things between you and Chanhee going”? He lazily asked me, lightly shaking my shoulder to make me sit straight up. I groaned, forcing myself to sit normally.

“fine...” I quietly answered and he hummed for himself before suspiciously glancing at me. “how did he react about you being gay”? He asked and a blush appeared on my cheeks. “well...” I started, but just couldn't make myself to continue that sentence.

Changjo impatiently hit my shoulder before glaring. “what have you done now”? He growled, already knowing that something went wrong. I stirred uncomfortably and let out one quiet sigh.

“I didn't tell him that I'm gay.” I admitted.

“you what”!? He spitted out, shock obvious in his eyes. Before he could yell some more, I shushed him up. “I couldn't make myself to say it, okay!? I didn't know how he would react if he knew... and if I were to be honest, I really don't want him to hate me or something because of that. He's... cool. It's easy to work with him.”

“yeah, I get that, but you still lied to him! Look I know Chanhee,” as soon as he said those words, a scoff escaped my lips and I was sure that I sent a look full of disbelief in his way, so it was probably why he rolled his eyes the moment after. “okay, okay, I don't know him... no one knows him if we're gonna be truthful, but that's not the point now, okay!? What I was trying to say, the moment before you so rudely interrupted me,” I sighed at his exaggerating. “is that he's not that kind of a guy to have prejudice. He's totally cool with a lot of things. And I'm pretty much sure he's gay.” he bluntly spoke the last sentence, enough to make my eyes widen. “khm, I don't think he is...” I told him, but he rolled his eyes in disbelief. “you're not the one who's in the same class as him. Trust me, I do notice some things about people. And he's never, absolutely never before looked at some girl.”

“he doesn't want a relationship.” I defended Chanhee but by the smirk he had on his face, I could tell that he wasn't done yet. “oh common, with all honesty, I've seen him checking out some boys in our school.” that information tickled one small part of my brain, but the rest of it just pushed it away, ignoring all of it. It wasn't my problem, after all.

“whatever,” I emphasized that word “I don't quite understand why you're even questioning me about him.”

with a sigh, he sat closer to me and eyed me carefully. “I think it's time for you to forget about Daniel.”

as soon as he mentioned it, I scoffed and left the bed without uttering even a single word.

“hey! I'm not done talking yet”! He yelled after me and so I turned around. “I think you are. If talking about Niel is the only thing making you even invite me over here, then I'll just excuse myself out from your house.” I made my way towards the door, but he was faster than that and soon I was pulled back on the bed once again.

“it's not the only thing I want to talk about, of course. It's only a part of.” he softly told me and I was careful enough to avoid his eyes.

“I really don't want to talk about it.” I whispered.

“just forget about him, okay? He's not coming back. Go on with your life. Find yourself someone else.” I was actually going to keep quiet after he said that, but something bothered me. Something like...

“what”!? I blurted out, shocked. “are you implicating that I should date Lee Chanhee”?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter