chapter 14 - too lazy to make a proper name

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a double update… please read the last one if you already haven't :D

 

 

DANIEL POV

 

do it.

Don't do it.

Do it.

Don't do it.

You promised!

But what if he doesn't like me?

“what's with you”? Chunji asked me, probably already the tenth time in the last hour but only now I felt like really answering.

“I have a small... favour to ask.” I used the cutest puppy eyes possible and it made him widen his eyes. But then he frowned.

“what is it that you need”? He carefully asked and I grinned, knowing that he would now not be able to refuse anymore.

“I need you to take me to the bar you go every day to.”

“how do you know about that”!? He panicked, looking like he was thinking I was some stalker or something. I could only roll my eyes on that. “someone I'm supposed to meet there told me that you visit it daily.”

“with whom are you meeting”? He asked me with a frown and I took a deep sigh before letting it all out. “withthisguyI'vebeenchattingwithforawhilenowandweagreedtomeetthere.”

for a while, Chanhee was staring at me like I had gone mad, but then he burst in laughter, much to my dismay. “yah! Don't laugh! I'm just nervous.” I pouted and he stopped laughing, only letting out few chuckles every once in a while.

But then a hesitating expression appeared on his face.

“what about Byunghun”? It would be a lie to say that this behaviour of Chanhee's didn't bother me. After all, he used to hate Byunghun so much that he wouldn't even want to hear about him, and now... why does it seem like he's taking his side? As much as I know that Changjo really is in love with Chanhee, I can't help but doubt about Chanhee's feelings. Something was wrong and I knew it. But I couldn't understand why Chanhee wouldn't tell me what was wrong. Yet it wasn't my right to question him, so I simply let him be. Maybe he'd tell me someday.

“we're over.” I answered, carefully waiting for his reaction. But nothing happened.

He's faking his expression. And he's doing it good.

“how come”? He then gasped and I frowned, now even more bewildered. I know how to recognize perfectly well when Chanhee's lying. And I know that he's lying now.

“are you actually even interested in that topic”? I bluntly questioned him, folding my arms over my chest as if I was mad. But I only wanted the truth, and maybe this was the only way to find it out.

“what are you talking about”? He carefully asked me, getting up from his chair only to quickly approach me. Just as he was about to reach out for my hand, I pushed it away.

“I demand to know the answer!” he did seem taken off guard right now but it served him right. He knows perfectly well how much I hate him hiding things from me, especially after all we've been through. Wasn't it enough already once with all the lies? Do we really have to repeat the history.

“why wouldn't I be”? He asked me back and I scoffed, almost glaring at him. “because you're hiding something from me. Don't forget that I know how to recognize your lying face!”

“oh is that all you think of me? That I'm lying all the time to you”!? He yelled, tears forming in his eyes. That sight made me feel guilty almost immediately. But I couldn't give up just now.

“of course not! You're just lying about this certain something.” I searched for his eyes, but as he lowered his head down, I got my answer.

“I'll just take you to the bar.” he kinda harshly responded, faster than ever just disappearing in the bathroom, shutting the door loudly after him.

I sighed in despair, not knowing anymore who to blame. I didn't want to leave Chanhee without another goodbye. It'd probably kill both him and me. But with his stubborn character that was most likely to happen.

 

Our drive in the car was oddly quiet. I'd only get every once in a while some remark about turning left or right, but nothing else. Like a professional, he was having a blank expression on his face, making me unable to read his emotions. And it frustrated me to the very own core.

“we're here.” he coldly said and I abruptly parked the car, surprising both Chanhee and me. I could see that his lips were about to curl in a smile, but it vanished so soon that I began to doubt it really even happened. Maybe I just wanted to see him smiling so much that I began imagining things.

We both abandoned the car and entered the bar. I let Chanhee lead me through and as we sat on our places, I had a sudden urge to apologize, but I bit my tongue to stop myself. If he really cares for me, he'll be the one to talk it out. It has always been like that.

But now something else exchanged my worry. Now my hands began to tremble because I was so nervous about finally meeting CAP. I wondered how he was like in person.

“good afternoon gentlemen”  a deep voice greeted us and I turned, realizing that it was waiter. Though an extremely good looking one, hmm...

“hey Minsoo.” Chanhee greeted the man back with a smile so wide that it almost hurt me. Why doesn't he smile at me like that?

“I haven't quite expected this.” the waiter chuckled, obviously staring at me. I nervously shifted on my spot and cleared my throat as if I was about to speak, but I knew nothing would come out.

“he's Niel, right”? Minsoo questioned Chanhee and my eyes widened for a while, waiting for my mind to register the things clearly. Was that... CAP?

“yes, he is.” Chanhee answered and I could feel his stare but I couldn't return the same. Though partly cute, CAP was extremely masculine. For a reason, I felt even a little scared, but... if he's hanging out with Chanhee, he can't be that bad, right?

“Hello Niel, I'm... CAP.” Minsoo, or CAP flashed his probably widest smile at me and then reached his hand forward for me to shake it and I somehow clumsily accepted it. “n-nice to f-finally meet you i-in person.” I stumbled over my words and now it was inevitable, the smile that appeared on Chanhee's lips. But it didn't last for long.

“I'll leave you two to talk then.” Chanhee got up and both Minsoo and I turned to him almost in the same time. “won't you at least drink a cup of hot chocolate”? Minsoo asked him and Chanhee shook his head, a small smile again forming on his lips.

“thought you might say that...” Minsoo nervously scratched the back of his head but then smirked. “that's why I prepared this for you.” out of nowhere, he offered Chanhee a huge, plastic cup people usually use for coffee, but it was filled with chocolate instead of coffee. But it made Chanhee grin so wide that I once again found myself frowning.

It struck me only then. He's not lying.

He's in pain.

Heartache.

And he obviously didn't trust me enough to use my shoulder to cry on.

“thank you Minsoo!!! I'll let you know that you'll still owe me double cups tomorrow.” he warned Minsoo who only shrugged it off with a smile. “come any time you want.”

without even a last glance at me, Chanhee abandoned the bar, making the pain in my heart only increase. Was I losing him again?

“you're sure more beautiful than I imagined.” Minsoo said, taking a seat in front of me.

Blush instantly found its way down on my cheeks and before I knew it, I was already captivated by the man in front of me. Well, who wouldn't be?

“likewise. You're very... manly.” oh what the hell... why do I sound like a total retard?!

Minsoo chuckled, obviously sensing my uncomfortableness.

“manly? In which way”? He leaned a little forward and I gasped as I caught his glance. I'm doomed with him. Most certainly. I should run away while I have the chance.

However, my body wouldn't cooperate, as I was so stupidly just staring in his eyes, feeling like my everything was slowly melting.

“um...” was my only response but it made Minsoo chuckle once again. “didn't know you were actually this shy... hmm, I like it.” he grinned before intertwining our fingers and I just blushed. It was the only thing I could even do, after all.

To at least try to calm down my strangely rapid heartbeat, I chose to ask some unimportant questions. “Chanhee and you seem like good friends.”

“oh, yeah. He's cool.” Minsoo casually answered, his hand never letting go of mine. “though his usual company is kinda stiffened... I think he hates me.”

“his usual company”? I asked, genuinely curious. Changjo doesn't like bars, as much as I know. “you mean Changjo”?

“I don't know his name... I only know that he's kinda short.” Minsoo chuckled more for himself and I raised my eyebrows, feeling rather confused. “Changjo's not short... he has abs and everything.” I responded and Minsoo narrowed his eyes, half smirking half probably wondering what I was talking about. “no, this guy most certainly doesn't have abs.” then who...

“does he have blonde hair? And sometimes reedy voice”? I began to fear of the answer.

“yes, exactly the one. They seem rather... close.”

Byunghun. And Chanhee.

Byunghun.

And.

Chanhee.

No, Minsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter