chapter 21 - troubles

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RICKY POV

 

the end of the November was slowly reaching its end. The days were getting colder, but it hardly seemed to affect me. I couldn't care a lot about the weather anyway, because I was too occupied thinking about the, probably, useless things.

As much as it was weird at the beginning, being the dance instructor has actually taken an important role in my life. Now, I wouldn't be able to imagine myself not having something as awesome as that in my life. It was simply my happiness. And it made me proud every time I saw my 'students' manage to learn some of my most complicated dances, or simply seeing them work so hard made me happy.

Over the last few weeks since Changjo had joined my lessons, he had made a very high improvement. Actually, I can't remember a student who managed to make such improvement in so little time, so I was pretty amazed by this guy. Of course, I treated him like all the other students, but secretly, simply secretly, I spent most of my time quietly observing him the most while he was dancing. It would seem like all the extra classes had taken some toll on him, because he was getting more and more concentrated on the lessons, and his mind was drifting away less than on previous classes.

That guy was born to be a dancer.

And now that he was finally getting used to the fact of Byunghun and Chanhee dating, it was a lot easier to properly work with him.

Glancing upon the clock right above my head, I noticed that it was my time to head towards the dancing studio.

Abandoning the bar in which I'd spent my last hour, I opened my umbrella and simply blended into the crowd on the streets. Even though it was raining quite heavily, it didn't stop people from walking around and shopping.

I was obviously one among them.

The night was slowly closing in and it gave a somehow spooky feel to the whole town, yet it seemed so fascinating on the other hand. The daylight made me feel a lot safer, while the night was unpredictable and I could never be sure just what awaited me from around the corner, secretly creeping out of the shadows.

Or is it only me being paranoic?

With a light nod, I concluded that I'd watched way too many movies when I was younger. It certainly did not do well to my imagination which was running way to wildly.

Upon reaching my studio, I quickly ran inside and heaved a sigh of relief when the warmth finally wrapped around me.

I changed into my dancing clothes and then prepared everything for the lesson.

Seeing that I was even earlier here than I was supposed to be, I slowly practised today's lesson just to make sure I wouldn't forget anything.

One by one, my 'students' started arriving. Once we were all ready, I started explaining them today's dance moves and they all obediently followed my instructions.

Even though it wasn't my intention, I let my eyes drift towards the person in the furthest corner of the room. Changjo was, as always, so easily copying my every move and I'd dare to say that he danced even better than me at the times. Probably because of the structure of his body, the way he swayed his hips looked so mesmerizing and the focused look on his face made me unable to take my eyes off him.

It took me a while to convince myself that I was looking at him like that only because he was such a determined dancer. I haven't seen anyone dance with such passion in quite a while. Every time I saw him dancing, I got this crazy inspiration for my dances, the moves just came naturally to me all of a sudden.

But then again... was it natural to think of him so much?

Forcing myself to stop looking at him, I let my legs carry me on the other side of the room so I could help some of the dancers who were confused as to what their next move is supposed to be.

While I was helping one girl to remember it all, I noticed a slight smirk she kept on wearing on her lips. It made me curious as to why she was smirking, but she soon gave me the answer herself.

“you've been staring quite intensely at Changjo oppa a while ago.” her answer made me unable to do anything but blush in embarrassment all of a sudden. And here I thought I was being unnoticed..

“he's... a good dancer.” I tried defending myself, but it didn't seem like she believed in my words. “with amazing hips swaying, right”? She continued teasing me and I could swear that my whole face was as red as tomato by now already.

“why are you asking me such questions”? I asked her, only to receive yet another smirk.

“because I'm wondering... do you like Changjo oppa”? Upon hearing that question, I slightly stumbled backwards and glanced at her in shock. “of course not! Yah, where do you find all those nonsenses”? I nervously chuckled, shaking my head at her foolish behaviour along. She only politely smiled at me and bit down on her lip. “it's just that... the way you look at him... I don't know, it's strange. Or maybe I'm just reading too much of those romantic books.” she answered and I chuckled too to ease her nervousness.

“probably you do.” I nodded and then turned to another student.

Me liking Changjo... psh, as if!

“mind to explain the last move to me”? Upon hearing Changjo's voice, I jumped backwards in shock and placed my right hand on my heart.

“are you trying to kill me here”? I glared at him, earning myself a chuckle in response.

“well, I didn't know you were that sensitive.”

“I'm not sensitive!” I snapped back, only to blush the next second when I realized where my eyes drifted off to.

To his hips.

I had to mentally slap myself for even thinking about him that way. I really had no explanation for my own feelings anymore.

Nor for my crazy imagination.

“still thinking about my abs, I see.” Changjo hummed for himself and my eyes narrowed. I was about to tell him that it wasn't his abs that made me feel so shy all of a sudden but his hips, yet I stopped myself right in time. It would sound even weirder if I said it like that. Who the hell would say: 'hey, sway those hips a little more for me because I'm into watching you dance.'

“how in the hell had it turned like this? For as much as I know, I was the one who was supposed to be teasing you yet you constantly now tease me”! I pouted, unconsciously folding my arms over my chest. Changjo loudly laughed and approached me, his closeness causing my heart to start beating even more rapidly.

“haven't you already gotten used to the fact of me being a terrible tease? I thought you'd grow immune to everything I say by now.” he concluded and I was about to agree with him, but then I remembered just how far I was from getting immune to it. Instead, it would seem like all that teasing is taking even worse toll on me every time he does something like that. It's unhealthy. It's wrong. Weird. However, I can't help myself.

“and I thought you'd grow boring of teasing this poor boy in front of you.” I innocently answered and lightly tilted my head aside, blinking like a cute puppy to get some normal answer from him. But it would seem like nothing could break him.

“poor? or.. not so poor anyway. You're far from innocent Ricky, let's face it. And besides,” he leaned his face a little closer to mine. “it flatters me to see your flushed face every time I come this close to you.”

as his words properly reached my mind, I let a scoff slip off my lips and I forcefully pushed him away, though it did nothing but increase the smirk on his face.

“you're just showing around now... have I known that you're so conceited, I never would have complimented you anyway.” I said, though I was careful enough not to meet his eyes.

“you would have.” Changjo muttered and, right then, I had no other choice but to glance at him in curiosity. “how do you know that”? I asked him, unconsciously taking a step closer to him as if the answer would come any quicker if I did tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter