chapter 10 - suffocating emotions

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV (one week later)

 

“why are both of you so stressed up”? I heard my mother worriedly asking. I immediately glanced over at Daniel who did the same thing as I did. We were in the middle of our family dinner and of course that my mother found it weird that we were quiet. Usually both Niel and I fight over food loudly or laugh at some jokes, but today was different. One week before, Niel told me that he went to L.Joe's apartment, but got rejected. That was his reason behind the sad grimace. Because he tried again today, but he just wouldn't listen to him. It made me want to kick that guy's for ignoring my Niel.

And I... where should I even start?

I haven't seen Byunghun in over a week, ever since he visited me that day. Changjo told me that Byunghun just didn't want to see anyone and so I was being ignored. And Changjo... is a complete other matter. He's been nothing but nice to me in these past few days and I was oddly growing fond of him. But seeing just how fond of him I was becoming, it made me feel even guiltier. Something was telling me that he was aware of my love for Byunghun, but that didn't stop him from being with me. Maybe he would be a healthier option for me, I'd probably be a lot happier and would avoid complications such as I had with Byunghun. But no matter what I did, I still had Byunghun in my mind. I still missed his warmth, his lips and his soft, mesmerizing voice. I missed the way he used to look at me and no matter how much time I kissed Changjo and tried to forget about everything with Byunghun, it just wouldn't work. I was still in love with him.

“um.. school... tomorrow...” I mumbled the quickest excuse and Niel sent me a grateful look. After all, it was his first day of school. At least in Korean school. That actually should be a reason for worry.

“what do you have to worry about then? I understand Niel, but you're not quite fond of school as much as I know.” caught in my own lie, huh? What can I even say to that?

“someone has to stress for him... he's not stressing enough.” I shot out the answer and it at least made Daniel chuckle, but he hid the chuckle from my mother by pretending to drink his juice. Although, she still did not quite miss it as she glared at Niel for a moment before glaring at me.

“I know you two... you're both hiding something from me.” she folded her arms across her chest and sent us both a questioning look. That was when I smirked.

“mom, I doubt that this problem interests you. It's about boys.” I said and she slightly parted her lips, suddenly not having a need to glare at us anymore. “oh.. well... keep on stressing then.” she quickly muttered and just continued eating, a little faster than before. I couldn't hide my laughter, nor could Niel who soon joined me. Although red in embarrassment, my mother decided not to say anything. She did not have anything against both Niel and I loving boys, but she clearly stated that she didn't want to hear about anything that had to do with boys.

Usually, mom would make both Niel and I wash the dishes after the dinner, but this time she sent us both into our room, saying that she could handle everything on her own. Such strange woman... she'd go even to these measures to avoid the topic of relationships. My, what would she do if I actually even wanted her to meet with my.. erm, with Changjo.

Although, haven't I almost said Byunghun?

“I actually don't even see the reason why I'm stressing out so much...” Niel sighed and passed once with his hand through his hair and I unconsciously followed that movement carefully before shaking my head in disbelief.

Why am I thinking about Byunghun even in these kinds of situations?

“yeah, me neither... I should enjoy the weekend. The only time when I feel free not to study anything.” I agreed happily but Niel sent me a weird look. “you never study anything.” he concluded and I pursed my lips before carelessly plopping myself down on my bed. “one reason more to celebrate.”

Niel kept on giggling at my answer for the next few minutes until I threw a pillow at his head. He let out an outraged gasp before throwing it back, but it missed me and so I laughed at him, but never did my laugh quite down so easily. Because only a second after, another pillow flew towards me and this time it hit me right in the face, making me splutter against the harsh material.

“revenge”! I exclaimed and started randomly throwing pillows at Niel who returned the same to me and soon we were giggling and screaming like some kindergarten children. But of course, I gave up first because my poor body could not keep up with such hyper activity. But just as I laid back down on my bed, Niel jumped onto me and started tickling me, using the weakness of my body.

“get off”!! I kept on yelling, but he did not listen. So I had no choice but to go against my body and attack Niel, despite feeling exhausted. But I would not let this fish win again.

And win I did. Although I felt like passing out after so much jumping around the room.

“woah, this was fun.” Niel said, his breathing ragged. I nodded, not even having enough strength to utter a word. I just pulled the blanket over me, ready to fall asleep. But I didn't even have to ask Niel if he would join me, because he soon snuggled himself against my body and so we fell asleep.

Both forgetting to turn on the alarm.

 

 

“! WAKE UP! WE'RE LATE AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU”! Aaaishhh, how can this crazy person be so loud this early in the morning? I was ready to just drift off once again, but then his words properly reached my ears. “which time is it”? My voice was serious, which was weird for me. I usually need some time to wake up, but I guess Niel's voice is even worse than the alarm. He really can wake up a person.

“it's eight o clock!” he yelled and I gasped, immediately standing up. The first class already began and I only woke up. I couldn't help but giggle a little but seeing Niel's harsh glare made me shut up immediately.

“relax, it's your first day. They won't do anything to you.” I told him and he nodded, but his face was still worried.

“what about you”? He questioned me and I rolled my eyes, giving him a look full of disbelief. “have I ever been a person to come in time? no. The professors are already used to me being late.”

it took us around half an hour to get ready and since Niel could drive, he drove us to school. At least we got there for the second class.

“okay... so, I first need to go to the principal's office, he needs to give me some papers or whatever, I don't really know... but see ya after I'm done.” Niel gave me a bone crushing hug before he left me standing there alone.

I hurried towards my class, but being as clumsy as I am, as soon as I ran into the class, I stumbled over my feet and fell down on the floor. The whole class erupted with laughter, even the professor and I'd never felt more humiliated than now. I felt someone's hands helping me to get up and I knew already who it was. I was accustomed to that touch.

“are you alright”? Changjo asked me and I quickly smiled at him, nodding along to assure him that everything was fine. My glance then ended up on Byunghun who was worriedly observing me, as if he was searching for a trace of blood or something.

Don't look at him, Chanhee, don't look at him!

I ushered Changjo to get back to his seat before I made my way towards my own table.

“oh Chanhee, I heard that you're a friend with that new transfer student. Do you know if he'd come on this class”? The professor asked me and suddenly all the eyes were on me. I cleared my throat before shaking my head. “I don't know... he only said that he needed to go to the principal's office first.” after nodding, professor just continued with the class.

Seeing that Niel haven't arrived during the second class, I got a little worried. What if he got lost? He's not quite good with directions and this school is quite big so there's a big possibility that he actually did get lost. It wouldn't be his first time, after all.

But during the break, he rushed into the classroom and sighed in relief after noticing me. He quickly ran towards me and sat next to me, breathing like he'd just ran a marathon. “do explain how do you not get lost here? It's huuuge, I barely found this class.” he whined and I laughed, shaking my head in disbelief. “I knew you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter