chapter 13 - don't know how to call this

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV

 

One thing was for sure.

While I wasn't writing, I surely felt more rested than now since I've started writing again. If it weren't for Niel who literally dragged me out of the bed this morning, I wouldn't have even woken up. I'd probably still be in bed, instead of having to listen to this boring teacher.

I had only an hour of sleep. So that was probably why I was so grumpy.

“again not paying attention”? The professor, who was currently standing right in front of my desk, eyeing me with his everlasting menacing suspect, asked me and I heaved out a long sigh. Here we go again...

“I am paying attention. Just not to you.” I lazily corrected him and his glare now even sharpened. “should I pay my attention then to you falling my class this year?”

“you could try.” I shrugged my shoulders, lightly smirking. “but I doubt you could spend every moment of your life thinking only about making me fall my year.”

“oh I don't need to spend all the time. I can just easily crush you at the end of the year.”

“is that a threat, professor”? I gasped mockingly, placing my right hand over my heart to emphasize how “scared” I was. At least his eyes seemed even colder after that.

“and what do you think it is”?

“I dunno, it sounds like a life threat to me.” I murmured, widening my eyes for a moment before locking my glance with his. “maybe I should call the police and report your threat.”

“what bull are you talking about? I wasn't threatening you in that way”! But it was already done. The whole class suddenly started gasping, after hearing the professor curse. Of course that we were prohibited from saying curse words. But he just said one.

And I could easily use it against him.

“you are even cursing at me! I am so scared now.” I faked a crying expression, but smirked afterwards. Now totally stunned by my act, the professor took few steps back and once again glared at me.

“get out of my class. Now!” he yelled and I rolled my eyes, quickly packing up all of the things I had on my desk. “it'll be my pleasure.” I told him mockingly while I was passing by his side, not even caring enough to look behind myself at the class who was already excitedly chatting about what happened.

Probably the whole school will know about this soon.

Having nothing but a need to catch some free air outside, I hurried towards the main door, not caring about anything around me.

But as I bumped into someone, my plans failed and I could only let a miserable: “watch where you're going”! out and at least try to stay still on my legs.

“Chanhee”? Oh crap. Among probably 1000 students in this school, why, just why did it have to be exactly him? Why?!

I decided earlier that I would ignore him, I so naively thought I would have the strength to do so. But here he was, standing right in front of me. And I didn't even have the strength to lift my head up. Because even hearing his voice made my heart ache, and my insides burn under the intensity of the emotions that hit me. No stories could ever replace this feeling in my chest. No story could ever make me forget. Forget about those beautiful eyes, about those incredibly soft lips and of those secure hands that sometimes tended to wrap me up in their embrace.

No story could stop me from heading insane.

“leave me alone!” I choked out those words, turning in intent to just march away from him before I was too late, but my clumsiness decided to once again turn against me and make me stumble over my feet, making me embarrass myself by miserably falling on my knees.

But instead of laughing at me like I expected, Byunghun was right next to me the following second, helping me to get up. “don't you have a class to go to”? I whispered, not quite knowing the reason why he stayed behind to help me.

“it won't run away from me. There's plenty of time.” he softly answered, making me grow weak in his arms once again.

Before I could protest, he gently lifted my chin up to look at my face. With his free left hand, he gently moved away the lost strands of my hair that were covering my eyes, and then smiled as if nothing was even happening between us.

He smiled as if he was the happiest person in this world.

No words could ever describe just how puzzled that made me feel.

“red looks good on you.” he commented and I cleared my throat, shaking my head along to clear my mind a bit. Then I pushed him away, despite having a need to just pull him right back into my arms.

“thank you.” I responded as casually as possible, forcing myself to look calm in front of him. I'd have my time to freak out and cry like a baby. It just can't be right now.

“what made you dye your hair?” he seemed genuinely curious and I smirked, a daring idea popping inside of my mind. I took a step closer and pulled him by his shirt towards me. “wanna know a secret”? I whispered, trying so hard to look playful. He only nodded, obviously confused.

I leaned my lips onto his ear and chuckled. “I heard red is your favourite colour. I dyed it just for you.” then I stepped back and playfully winked at him before nonchalantly abandoning the school.

Only when I was far enough from him, I could finally let out a long sigh and hit myself in the head. What the hell had gotten inside of my head for me to do something as drastic as that?

Sure I did have to convince him that I did not feel anything for him anymore, but why, just why would I say something like that?

I gasped, realizing that I was openly even flirting with him.

Flirting.

me.

it didn't take long for me to start laughing like a maniac. It was almost impossible to imagine me flirting with someone.

But then I remembered the smile he had on his face after he said that red looks good on me and my smile was exchanged with a sad expression. For how long will I be able to hide my feelings like this? How long will I last until I break in front of him again?

“think about Niel”! I kept on reminding myself. Niel was the only person in this world I'd actually do something like th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter