chapter 2 - the beginning

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up early this morning.

I took myself time to shower, dress up and prepare everything for the school.

At the end, there was even some time left for me, so I didn't have to hurry to school.

I was so proud of myself because I would finally be able to reach the school in time. To celebrate, I decided to eat chocolate pudding.

Well, that's where the things started going downhill for me again.

Being the clumsy kid I am, I dropped a bit of pudding onto my just washed shirt and growled in frustration after realizing that I now needed to change my clothes again. I hurried into my room and roamed through the closet in search of something cozy to wear, and while I was so rapidly searching for it, my glasses fell from my nose and I wasn't quick enough to catch them.

That all resulted with a clumsy kid who was again late for school, couldn't find a proper shirt to wear, and his glasses were broken.

I would have just stayed at home were it not for my mother that threatened to dress me up in some of her clothes if I didn't hurry up. So like that, it was easy to find a shirt.

Like always, just as I passed my street, I remembered that I've forgotten my backpack at home. I was tempted to go to school without it, but still in the end came back for it and hurried towards the school.

Having no glassed definitely felt weird. I felt safer behind them. And my lack of glasses made me pout.

When I entered the classroom, no one even bothered to look at me since they all knew it was only me. Seeing the expression on the professor's face, I could tell that he was even better off without me. Not that I liked him either. I was only here because of my mother.

While the professor was scribbling down something onto the blackboard, I concentrated the best I could on the words that were written there, but it was so hard to decipher them without my glasses. So that was why my notebook remained empty for this class.

“hey.” after the bell rang, Changjo nonchalantly sat onto my desk and greeted me and I stared at him, dumbfounded. “why are you sitting on my desk”? I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. “is it not allowed”?

“it is. But that doesn't have to mean that you have to be sitting on my desk. There's plenty of other desks around.” I told him and he looked around, but then clucked his tongue. “this is the best one.” he assured me and then added: “how come you're not wearing glasses”?

“non of you business.” I glared at him but he hardly noticed that since he was busy fixing his neck tie. “you're right, but I would still like to know.” this time he focused on my face and his lips curled into a smirk. “you wanna look cooler, right”?

“no. I don't care about popularity. Jish, can't a simple accident happen to someone? My glasses broke, okay? Don't get delusional only because of that...” I explained without a reason, but popularity was one of the many things I never wanted to get attached to. To even mention popularity in my company is like an insult.

“besides,” I said and Changjo curiously eyed me. “would you mind to tell my why you have to be called Changjo and not Jonghyun”?

“fair enough” he smirked and then leaned closer to me, keeping the eye contact. “it's cooler that way.” he said and then laughed quite loudly. He got up from my desk and sent a wink in my way. “trust me, you do look better without glasses.” and with that, I was again alone, repeating his words in my head. Does that mean that I do not look good with my glasses on?

Wait, why is that even bothering me?!

I frowned and opened my notebook as if I would write, but I was suddenly without any inspiration. No matter how much I tried to assure myself that it wasn't bothering me, the thought was still lingering inside of my head. Damn. I never before cared about my looks, or if I was attractive to other people because truthfully, I was always doing my best to look unattractive. Now why did it suddenly matter to me? Aish.. stupid Changjo...

“ah here you are.” a familiar voice made me look up and I once again growled in frustration. Since when have I became so wanted?!

“can't a man have his rest”? I spitted out but Byunghun's smile didn't disappear even after that. “noup. I was searching for you everywhere! You're really hard to find.” he chuckled.

“isn't it obvious then that I do not want to be found?” I asked him but he only shrugged his shoulders. “so, I'd like to start with our meetings today. The same place, okay”? He suggested and my lips slightly parted. I totally forgot about that...

“I...” I tried to say something, anything, but once again lost the chance for that.

“you're not wearing your glasses”? He gasped and before I could react, he placed his hand onto my chin and seemed to be examining my face. As fast as possible, I pushed his hand away because it felt awkward. “don't touch me...” I mumbled and he chuckled. “aw, someone is shy obviously, huh? Never mind, today at the same place at the same time as yesterday, okay”? He said and took a few steps away before again turning back to me. “you do look better without your glasses.” and with a last smile, he was soon gone.

What is it today with everyone telling me that I look better without glasses? I might just on purpose buy even thicker glasses only to go against them, ha!

But my mother was obviously against that.

“no, you are not buying another glasses!” she went straight to the point as soon as she saw my pleading expression. I didn't even have to say out loud what I wanted. She could conclude it from only one look at me.

“but mooom, I can't see anything without them!” I whined and she rolled her eyes, pushing a little white box into my hands. “here. You're wearing these from now on.”

oh no. What have I ever done to God that he hates me this much? Seriously, contact lenses?

“I really don't want to! I want my glasses back”! I pouted and she sent a strict look in my way. “enough of the glasses. Start being a normal teenage boy like all the other teenagers. You're wearing these and case closed! Now about your clothes...” as soon as she mentioned the word clothes, my eyes widened. “ah hell no! If you even dare to touch my clothes, I will lock myself in my room and will never again let you enter it, nor will I let you see me”! I said in my defence and she puffed her cheeks, obviously angry at me.

“why do you keep on wearing those... clothes? You look ugly.” yes. It definitely felt as if she thoroughly slapped me. Those were not the words a son would want to hear from his mother.

“then buy yourself another son if you don't like me that much”! I yelled and without taking even a glance at her, I ran to my room and locked myself in it.

I turned the radio on, loud enough not to hear my mother calling for me. If she doesn't like the way I look, than she doesn't even have to look at me.

One look at my broken glasses, so ruthlessly thrown into the trash bin, made me feel sad. I'm gonna miss those glasses. But I have to write. And so I don't have any other choice but wear those stupid contact lenses.

I had a hard time putting them, but somehow at the and managed to put them in my eyes. They were irritating my eyes, but I had to admit that I could see even better through them than the glasses. That still didn't mean that they would become my friends. They will first be put on a probation.

I spent few hours writing and so I forgot about the time again. Only when it was already five o clock, I finally took a look at my phone.

And so that resulted with me knocking down almost half of the things in my room while I was getting ready.

Even as I passed by my mother in the living room and when she tried to stop me to have a talk with me, I just ran out through the door with nothing more than a: “I don't have time” sentence.

A part of me was hoping that Byunghun would leave after realizing how late I was, but I would most certainly not be that lucky. He must be already prepared to me being late.

So twenty minutes later, I finally reached my destination. As I entered the bar, I looked around for Byunghun. I thought I would not see him, but soon my eyes managed to spot him sitting at the furthest table in the corner. For some reason, I suddenly felt so nervous. So to calm down my nerves, I took a deep breath and approached the table.

“sorry I'm late.” I muttered a quick apology and he immediately lifted his head up to take a better look at me. His expression was very serious.

“we've got to set up some rules.” he said and shook his head as if I've committed a crime. Just as I scoffed, he reached out for my hand and made me sit down. Much to my dismay. “I don't approve lateness.” his voice was strict so it made me scoff once again.

“then find yourself another writer.” I suggested, ready to get up and leave, but he once again pulled me down by my hand. “I don't want another writer, I just need a little more .. organized you.”

“exactly my point. No one has ever managed to change my weird habits nor will you succeed now.” I told him and his lips twitched into a smirk. “we'll see about that.”

“are you perhaps threatening me”? My voice was low, for the first time I was being careful so no one could hear our conversation. This wasn't something I wanted people to hear out.

“no, I am only warning you.” he once again smirked and I found myself lost for words. But there was no need for me to even say anything, because he continued talking. “if I were threatening you, trust me, you wouldn't be this bold anymore around me.”

“I rather doubt it.” I muttered and cleared my throat, desperately trying to change this weird atmosphere we got ourselves in.

“anyway, shall we start with the story”? I suggested, avoiding eye-contact with him. For some reason, I felt so awkward around him.

“won't you order something first”? He furrowed his eyebrows but without waiting for my answer, he gave a sign to the waiter to come. Today's waiter was a guy who even looked cute. I covered my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter