chapter 5 - horror movie

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV

 

“am I invited”? A deep voice behind me startled me and I was about to scold him for scaring me like that, but when I turned to face the person, I was suddenly lost for words. Changjo was leisurely leaning against the wall, looking somewhat like some ancient Greek God in his slightly ed white shirt.

The images of our kiss immediately entered my mind and I looked away, blushing all of a sudden. I really did get myself in a mess...

“invited to where”? I asked, still looking everywhere but at his face.

Changjo chuckled and took a step closer while I could just stand there frozen, not being able to think about a way to run away.

“I heard Byunghun invited you on a sleepover tonight... am I invited”? His voice was slightly seducing me but it had no actual affect on me. It angered me even more than it should have. Who gave him the courage to even think I would want to play his games?!

“I don't think you are.” I bluntly answered and then finally dared to look up at him before adding: “for any other information please ask Byunghun and not me.”

but as I turned to leave, his hand caught mine and he pulled me back, but I reacted just in time to escape from crashing against his chest.

“Byunghun already told me I could come if I wanted to. But I wanted to ask for your opinion first.” he lightly chuckled and the grip against my hand lessened a little, but he was still holding my hand.

“what's stopping you then from coming”? My voice was quieter than usual and I knew the reason behind it. Honestly, I didn't want him to come. For some reason, I wanted to be alone with Byunghun. And with Changjo around, it would all be way too awkward.

“hmm... because maybe you'd prefer me taking you somewhere nice on a date, rather than we spend our time together with Byunghun.” he smiled and my eyes widened after I fully comprehended what he said.

“what makes you think I'll allow you to take me on a date”? I asked, a grimace of shock on my face. I should have known better. I should have avoided him. What am I now to do with him?!

“I thought you liked me back.” he said and frowned, questioningly examining my face. And then he softly added: “Byunghun told me that you liked me back.”

“ah, that...” I muttered awkwardly, scratching the back of my head nervously. I forgot about them being that close...

“aw, so you were just too shy to confess. Adorable!” he cooed and then all of a sudden hugged me so tightly that I couldn't even breathe. I tried pushing him away, but it was effortless. He was too strong for me.

“Changjo, I...” I tried to explain everything to him but as he stepped away from me and smiled so happily, I was once again lost for words. Do I want to just crush his heart like that? no. No I don't want to. I may be a weird person, but I care for other people's feelings. Even for Changjo's although he does sometimes get on my nerves.

“so then do you wanna be with me”? He grinned even more and I sadly grimaced, looking away almost immediately. “Changjo I.. I don't know if I'm ready for..ugh..” I felt so frustrated by the lack of my words but Changjo didn't seem to mind it.

“that's alright” he beamed and one thought immediately crossed my mind. He was never more cute than now. “we have plenty of time for that.”

as he once again hugged me, I fought hard against the hurting feeling inside my chest. I felt as if I was betraying Byunghun without even actually doing it. But I was betraying my own feelings... wasn't it the same then?

As Changjo leaned his lips onto my ear, I felt shivers on my skin. My reflexes immediately made me step away, but Changjo was quick enough to stop me from escaping from him.

“I might be slightly jealous over the fact of you spending a night at Byunghun's place.”

“that's none of your business”! I snapped back at him and this time finally managed to step away without him stopping me.

“but you're my soon to be boyfriend.” Changjo pouted and I deeply sighed, nervously intertwining my fingers together. “but I am yet not! And there is no reason for you to be jealous even.”

“so does that mean that you don't like him”? He asked all of a sudden and I had to lean my arm onto the wall, to stop myself from stumbling behind. I did my best to put a face full of disbelief on, although it was really hard to hide my real feelings.

“why would I like him”? I asked back and he shrugged his shoulders, his sceptical eyes still not leaving mine. “you'd be a perfect boyfriend for him...” he said and it made me feel rather confused.

“I don't get it.” I honestly said and Changjo deeply sighed, before he approached me once again and I allowed him to do so. One of his hands sneaked under to hold my own and I allowed him that too.

“I care for that idiot, you know.” he confessed softly, a spark of sadness in his eyes. “I'd rather him be happy than I. So that's why I want to know if you like him and if you could make him happy.”

“you'd give up”!? I asked, for some reason feeling hurt.

“you don't understand... you haven't been with him after his boyfriend left. You could never even imagine the amount of pain he was going through back then. He deserves his happiness back.” now he was only softly whispering and his words pained me. Now more than ever, I just wanted to be close to Byunghun, I wanted to comfort him and protect him, but... it was not all so easy. I could never allow myself to do something like that.

“I really.. don't like him.” I lied and Changjo only weakly smiled. “the offer still stands though... I'll give you as much time as you need. I'll be extremely patient. But if you start liking him, don't feel afraid to admit it. I'll step aside.”

“you make it sound as if you don't even like me.” I joked a little and his face got a little more serious after that. Yeah, I was never good at actually telling jokes..

“I do like you! And it does bother me you know, the thought of you being in some other man's embrace... but he's still like a brother to me. I need to protect him.” he sounded so determined and it made me unable to say anything after that.

“it's alright. I don't think anything can happen between him and me.” I faked a laughter even though I wasn't even slightly into it. But I needed to hide my real feelings...

“I really can't tell if it's a relief or not.” Changjo closed his eyes and smiled for a brief moment before his lips so suddenly brushed against my own. I barely even registered it happening, but I could still sense the sweet taste on my lips even after he was gone.

And I was 100% sure that I was really heading insane.

Now more than ever.

 

 

“eat a little more, common.” one thing was for sure. Byunghun sure was right about his mom spoiling me. I've entered his house just one hour ago but it seemed like his mother already accepted me as a new family member. Well, that might have been said a little exaggerated but still. She was taking care of me as if I was her own son.

“but I really can't eat anymore. I am already full.” I answered back with an apologetic smile on my lips. Byunghun quietly snickered next to me and I did my best not to elbow him in his ribs because of that.

“oh.. that's alright honey. I'm sure you boys will be hungry later on. Especially Byunghun.” she shot him a sceptical look. “he has a weird habit of eating in late night hours.”

“I do not!” Byunghun defended himself with his hands crossed over his chest and I instantly found myself smiling at the sight. With that pout on his lips, he h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter