Chapter 30 - The ending

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV

„mine“! I grabbed the bottle of the Nutella which was highly placed on the top shelf, probably placed there by my mother who still desperately kept trying to change my eating habits.

Niel glanced at me skeptically, probably wondering why I was so possessive over a bottle of Nutella when obviously nobody wanted to share it with me. “Dude, you do realize that no one else is fighting with you for it.” He said mockingly, all along shaking his head in a way that made his hair fly around kinda weirdly. I chuckled evilly at the sight but said nothing, knowing how sensitive Niel is to the topic of his hair.

“Not at the moment.” I replied absently, hiding the bottle beneath my shirt as if that wasn’t suspicious at all. “But someone might want to steal it later.” I sent one accusing look in Niel’s way and he smirked, but said nothing. That was how I knew that I had made the right decision by taking the bottle of Nutella under my protection.

As I heard my mother’s footsteps approaching, my eyes widened. “Run! Save yourself”! and then I ran away towards my room, leaving a laughing idiot clutching his stomach and a flabbergasted mother staring at him, not knowing what was happening.

Ah, life is like a dream now.

~

The next thing I know, is my mother breaking into the room with a broom in her hands and Niel following soon after, smirking at me proudly.

“You, my brother, have betrayed me!? How could you”? I mock cried and he shrugged his shoulders as he let his lips curl into a lopsided smile. “For the victory, I am ready to do anything.” He replied and I made a defensive pose, being careful enough that Nutella was behind me and that they would have to go through me to get it.

And so the battle began.

Which I, of course, lost because I was obviously outnumbered. And as they were taking their price out, they kept on mock laughing at me and all I could do was cry. Not literally, of course.

But I had to get my revenge somehow.

While my mother was being too occupied doing the laundry, I sneaked into the kitchen and searched for a possible prank. And then I noticed a warm cup of tea on the table and an evil idea came up to my mind. I put two spoons of salt in it and chuckled in satisfaction as I imagined her reaction. Then, as quietly as possible, tried to find a secret place where they hid my Nutella, but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t find it.

Soon enough, I again heard footsteps approaching and by the heaviness of it, I concluded that it was Niel so I took my leave and vanished just in time when he stepped into the kitchen. His facial expression was one of suspect, but he couldn’t see me. He then yawned and shrugged it off, taking a glass from the cupboard and heading over to the sink to fill it with water.

Then I ran, as quietly as possible, to the bathroom and filled a whole bucked with water and headed towards Niel’s room, knowing that he wouldn’t return in a while. I then set an amazing trap right above his door, so that when he walked in, the bucket would spill the water all over him. I couldn’t contain my laughter.

Then I nonchalantly walked downstairs and stalked my enemies.

Enemy number one, my mother, had just finished doing the laundry and could now finally rest and drink her precious tea. Niel was leaning against the sink, reading something from one of his stupid notebooks, not expecting anything weird to happen. But oh how wrong he was. The hell, how wrong they both were.

But just as my mother was about to take a sip from the cup, someone interrupted the moment by knocking on the door. I mentally cursed at whoever it was and ran to open it. “I’ll get it!” I yelled in process, hoping everyone would stay in their positions.

I opened the door widely, and raised my eyebrows as I noticed Byunghun there, along with Minsoo standing by his side. They were both glaring at each other. “we’re not here together”! Byunghun immediately defended himself and Minsoo scoffed. “of course not, you jerk! I came here before you”!

They would have probably continued arguing had I not pulled them both in and coughed to get my attention. “you Minsoo, you’re going to the kitchen”! I commanded and although both of them seemed confused about my sudden dictatorship, they hadn’t spoken a word. “Byunghun, you’re with me.”

It all seemed like some kind of a war strategy, and it felt kinda funny. Especially because I was the one in command.

After rolling his eyes, Minsoo did head towards the kitchen. I waited ten seconds and then pulled Byunghun along and again took my stalking position behind the door, waiting for victim number one to taste the bitter revenge. Literally bitter.

I gave him the sign to keep quiet and he nodded his head although he was obviously confused.

I pulled the phone out of my pocket and turned the camera on just in time when my mother again prepared herself to take a sip of her tea. And boy how hilarious was her reaction when she tasted my prank. Her eyes widened like a frog’s widen like and she started coughing in disgust. Niel and Minsoo both stood there, completely frozen, not knowing what was happening. Niel then jumped in help and gave her a glass of water and she drank it in one shot, and afterwards even demanded another one.

“there was salt in my tea!” she exclaimed finally when she got her ability to talk again and I barely held my laughter in. but I didn’t wait for them to find me here, observing everything, so I pulled Byunghun upstairs and prepared myself for the ambush on Niel. We hid in the storage room, and I left the door slightly opened, just enough to be able to film everything.

“Will you tell me what’s going on”? Byunghun demanded the answer and I winked at him. “I’ll tell you later, hon.” Then I pressed a quick kiss on his lips and smiled before returning my focus back on my war plan. Niel and Minsoo were now standing in front of Niel’s room and had begun sharing very intimate kisses. I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing but it was so damn hard.

Niel smiled at Minsoo as he stepped back and then opened the door and just as he took one step inside, the bucket splashed whole bunch of water on him and he screamed at the sudden coldness. And that was it for me. I had to burry my head in the crook of Byunghun’s neck to silence the noises of my laughter, but I was still shaking violently. And I could tell that despite the confusion, Byunghun was laughing too.

“ALRIGHT, LEE ING CHANHEE YOU BETTER REVEAL YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW OR I SWEAR THAT I WILL NOT STOP SEARCHING FOR YOU UNTIL I FIND YOU AND THEN YOU’RE SCREWED!” Niel yelled and I smirked as I thought that he wouldn’t be able to find me here, but oh how wrong I was. He directed his glance right in our way and I gasped as I realized that our secret place had been discovered.

“RUN AND SAVE YOURSELF! I WILL NOT LOOK BACK, WHATEVER THE CASUALTIES MAY BE!” I yelled and started running again, vaguely aware that a laughing Byunghun was slowly following me, as well as an extremely upset and very wet Niel.

That whole mess resulted with me being caught and tickled to death. And probably being as wet as Niel was.

And all this only for one bottle of Nutella.

At the end, Nutella served its purpose. My mother, afraid that I would again salt her drink, declared peace and decided to make pancakes. And so later in the evening, we all sat together around the table, eating pancakes like a family. And when Byunghun’s hand sneaked beneath the table to grab mine, I blushed and fondly smiled at him. The truth is, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to all these beautiful feelings and to having Byunghun by my side. But damn how right it all feels.

How… Happy I am.

 

 

CHANGJO POV

 

Loud knocking on my door woke me up from my sleep and I yawned sleepily, considering a decision to just stay in the bed and pretend like I wasn’t home. But the knocking continued and I had no other choice but to answer, because it was beginning to sound awfully annoying.

So I quickly put on a plain white shirt and somehow managed to get my pants on along the running to open the door. But I hadn’t expected Ricky to stand there.

“I’m sorry I ran off like that from the studio.” He apologized and then softly smiled at me. But despite that, I could see the sadness behind his eyes. “I know you are. Come in.” I sighed as I watched him walk slowly towards the couch and he was about to sit but then suddenly changed his mind and stayed awkwardly standing there.

“The couch doesn’t bite, you know.” I spoke softly as I gazed into his eyes and he quickly blushed and averted his eyes on the other side. “But I’m not so certain about its owner.” I winked at him, making him blush all th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter