chapter 11 - there's never a right time to say goodbye

You can never blame love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANHEE POV

 

hours, minutes and seconds seemed like a whole eternity right now.

With Byunghun, you could never be quite sure what would expect you. He either kisses me like it's the last thing in his life, or just brutally pushes me away.

So therefore, how am I to know what he was up to now? How was I to prepare myself for the upcoming event?

“where are you going”? Niel asked me, sounding like he was relieved to have had a reason to let go of the biology's book he was currently leafing through.

I froze on spot, totally forgetting about the jacket that now just slipped from my fingers and fell down. I couldn't even make myself to turn around and look Niel in the eyes, because I was feeling so ashamed...

friends. That's what I'm gonna do. Before Byunghun asks me for anything, I'll suggest we become friends and that way everyone would be happy.

They would, right?

“I'm going for a walk... I won't be back so soon.” I responded, all along biting my lower lip in nervousness that was killing me from inside. Please let him not say 'can I accompany you' please...

“oh... I'd like to go too, but I have to study.” I could clearly imagine it. The pout forming on his lips. And for some strange reason, it made me feel a lot happier. So now when I turned around, I didn't feel so ashamed anymore. Things would be okay. I'll fix them.

Niel deserved another chance more than anyone. After all, he had lost too many years of his life in the hospital, while he could have been happy with his.. boyfriend. Whom I was so selfishly trying to steal.

I shook my head and nervously laughed, making Niel stare at me like I had gone mad. But I kinda even did feel like I was heading insane. Slowly, but most certainly I did. Niel would never forgive me for keeping secrets from him. But it was the only thing I could do. I didn't have the courage to say everything to him.

Nor did I suddenly have enough strength to confront Byunghun anymore.

“yeah... you better study. Don't be like this pabo right here.” I pointed at myself. It took me a while to notice the same thing Niel immediately noticed.

Tears on my face.

“okay, what's going on? I demand some answers”! He got up from his bed and approached me so quickly, that I didn't even get the time to prepare.

But instead of answering, I just hugged him and buried my head in the crook of his neck, seeking for his comfort. I suddenly felt so bad for keeping those secrets from him, but I had no choice. I couldn't let myself to lose him once again. I need him. I need my friend too much to just let him go.

“PMS” I joked, glad that it at least made Daniel chuckle. But then he sighed.

“I can see that you're hiding something from me... but it's alright. You know that you can tell anything to me. So when you're ready... I'll be here to hear you out.” he gently patted my shoulder and then pushed me away, examining my face with such tenderness that it almost made me want to cry once again. I most certainly did not deserve such friend...

having nothing to say anymore, I just put my jacket on and quietly abandoned the room.

 

As I took my seat in the bar, I noticed that I was quite early here. Not that I minded it, though. I could at least clear my mind a little.

“alone here”? Minsoo suddenly appeared and then just nonchalantly sat in front of me. He had a perfect wide grin plastered on his face, and few strands of hair were almost covering his eyes, but in a very masculine way. Hell, what am I talking about, he's totally masculine. He has a body I could only dream of. Though, I would look stupid with such body.

As I giggled to myself, Minsoo sent me a questioning look but I ignored him.

“won't your boss be mad at you for not working”? I asked him and he rolled his eyes, theatrically spreading his arms out to show me the surroundings. The one I could already see, but he obviously thought of me as a fool.

“this all, is mine.” he finally then said and I found myself staring at him mouth-opened wide. He once again chuckled at my expression before placing his hand on my jaw and closing my mouth. “you don't want to eat a fly, don't you”? He teased and I glared at him before pushing his hand away.

“actually, it was my dad's, but he signed it on me so practically I am now the owner of this place.” he explained. I looked around myself, once again admiring the decoration of the bar. “you must be lucky then. This place is awesome.” I smiled, and the cockiness he had at the beginning of the conversation now disappeared. I now had a shy, almost even cute owner of this bar, in front of me.

“thank you. I kinda decorated it all by myself... I thought no one would like it.” he admitted with yet another shy smile. I couldn't help but smile too.

“well I really like it.” I repeated.

“and because of that, you get as much hot chocolates as you want for free.” he offered, casually leaning his back on the chair. I playfully smirked and bit my lip. “you shouldn't have said that.”

“for such a small boy, you sure can take a lot of chocolate. Aren't you afraid of getting chubby cheeks”? His cockiness was once again back, but I didn't mind it.

“I'm not a person to care about fat.” I rolled my eyes in disbelief before pouting. “now where is my hot chocolate”? I demanded.

Minsoo spent some time just staring at me weirdly before he finally got up. “I'll be right back.” and so he left.

Figuring out that it was about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter