The Decision

One Month

You dressed up in a pair of light washed skinny jeans that displayed your long slender legs perfectly, a dark cream colored t-shirt which you topped off with an olive green utility jacket since the weather was still chilly. You decided to finish off your outfit with a pair of brown lace up boots. You did a once over in the mirror and decided to wear a silver heart chained necklace that Baekhyun had given you for your last birthday.

 

"There", you thought. "I actually look really nice." You smiled to yourself, completely satisfied with your appearance. After your outfit was completed, you thought about what to bring Baekhyun for his lunch break and settled on making him some kimchi. As soon as the kimchi was finshed, you packed it up and set outside your apartment door. Your breath came out in puffs of smoke as soon as you stepped outside your apartment building and made your way towards your silver Chevy Volt. After settling within your car and making sure the kimchi was safely placed on the passenger seat besides you, you pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards Baekhyun's work place. 

 

Soon enough, you were pulling into the hospital's parking lot. As you searched for a parking space, a particular face caught your attention. You spotted Baekhyun and some female whom you've never seen before hand in hand, walking towards a bench just outside the hospital's main entrance. You couldn't believe what you saw when Baekhyun leaned in to kiss the mysterious girl. You felt your chest tighten and your mind go blank.

 

"This can't be happening", you thought. Everything stopped and all you could focus on was the scene before you, which was Baekhyun kissing some other girl besides you. Now that you think of it, when was the last time that you two had shared a kiss? Your confusion vanished, and all that remained was a fiery anger that scared you. You had never felt so humiliated and betrayed, your boyfriend of nearly three years was cheating on you. The same guy that had been your best friend, your anchor, your everything. You felt tears of anger and pain leave your eyes. After a moment of thinking about whether you should just walk up there and slap Baekhyun hard across the face or just run him over, you decided that it was best to just leave so that you could sort things out. You exited the hospital's parking lot and made your way towards the dance studio. 

 

Not long after you arrived, you already had music blasting through the speakers inside the dance room. You figured that dancing would help clear your mind and give you some time to think about how'd you confront Baekhyun about this whole situation. You stripped of your jacket and changed into a pair of sweat pants as well as some running shoes which you had left at the studio the day before. You danced until your whole body felt sore and you were dripping with sweat. You grabbed a towl to dry off with as well as a bottle of water that you had kept in your bag.

 

"Long day huh?" someone asked from the dance room's entrance. You turned around and faced a tall handsome man with brown hair and a cute smile.

"My name's Kai by the way", he greeted.

"Oh, umm. Yeah", you answered his previous question hesitantly.

 

You just realized that you didn't look the most presentable with your hair in a messy high ponytail and your body drenched with sweat. (You probably figured that weren't the most pleasant smelling person either at the moment.) Unlike you, Kai was dressed up in dark blue skinny jeans and an oatmeal colored longsleeved sweater.

 

"What're you doing here Kai? You definitely don't look like you're here to dance", you questioned out loud. You were always one to speak what was on their mind, which was not always a good thing.

 

"Haha, yeah. I actually just dropped by to pick up my backpack." he replied while gesturing to the black backpack he carried. You nodded in return.

"So, what's got you all worked up?" Kai asked.

"What do you mean?" you said back defensively.

"Not to be nosey or anything, but the only time I dance that hard is when I've got something on my mind." he replied cooly.

 

You contemplated whether or not you should confide in Kai, after all he was a complete stranger, or was he? Now that you had a good look at him, he seemed quite familiar.

 

"Have I seen you before?" you randomly inquired.

"I think so, I mean I do work here. It's possible", he answered. "I teach a class down the hall".

"Oh, right!" you stated after images of seeing Kai every now and then popped into your head.

 

You had never really noticed Kai until now. He had alluring brown eyes, and brown hair that complimented his face perfectly. You could also tell that he was well built even through his sweater and jeans. It suddenly occured to you that you were attracted to Kai.

 

Oh no you don't, you thought frustratedly. Not going to happen. But Baekhyun did it to you, so why not return the favor? the other half of your mind questioned.

 

"So, how about I take you out for some coffee and maybe you can talk out your problem with me." Kai said, disrupting your thoughts.

Before you had a chance to think, your mouth spoke for you. "Sure", you answered.