D Day Part 1

One Month

The next few days leading up to Kai's arrival were nothing but an absolute struggle for you. You tried your hardest to not let your flustered feelings rain down on Baekhyun's and yours' vacation, but you couldn't get the gloomy cloud that hung over your head to go away. Luckily, Baekhyun was too caught up in the fact that things were going well between you two, to notice that you were consumed with worry. 

 

To your dismay, the day of Kai's arrival was soon upon you. "Today's the day", you thought nervously. The last thing you wanted was for Baekhyun and Kai to meet, so you had come up with a plan to keep these two out of each other's sights.

 

You decided to create an excuse to leave the hotel in order to meet up with Kai at the park that you had run away to on that one rainy day. After thinking about what your excuse should be, an idea struck you. "I'll just say that I'm going to go shopping". From previous experience, you knew that the one thing Byun Baekhyun despised the most, was to go shopping. He hated the activity so much, that if it weren't for you, he would probably go to work . It was a blessing that you on the other hand, loved to go shopping, otherwise Baekhyun wouldn't even own anything to wear. 

 

You texted Kai, inquiring about when his flight would land. "In 30 minutes" he replied. "Holy ." you thought. "HE'S ALMOST HERE". You started to second guess your plan, imagining the worst possible scenerios to take place. "Snap out of it!" you mumbled frustratedly. "I have to do this". 

 

"Brrrinnnggg!" your phone alarm sounded, signaling to you that it was time to meet up with Kai. You both had chosen to meet up two hours after he had landed, giving him time to get settled in the hotel.

 

Not wanting him to know that you stayed at the same hotel as him, you had said to just meet up with you at the park instead of his hotel. You collected your phone, wallet, and one of the hotel room cards, and placed them inside your bag.

 

"Going somewhere?" Baekhyun questioned, his dazzling smile adorning his face. "Mhmmm!" you answered eagerly, too eagerly to your liking.

 

"Stop acting so weirdly!" you corrected yourself. "I'm just going to go shopping for a bit. I haven't gotten a chance to explore one of the world's most fashion driven areas, which I think is kind of ironic." you continued. "Do you want me to come?" he asked. " ! He wasn't supposed to say that!" you nervously thought.

 

"U-ugh no! I know how much you dislike shopping. Besides, I wouldn't want you nagging at me while we're at the mall." you answered teasingly, hoping that he hadn't noticed the sense of urgency in your tone.

 

"Hahaha, okay. But be back soon! I'll miss you", he cheesily said. You smiled at his remark before leaving the hotel room, your heart thumping in your chest.