Heartbeat

One Month

After the requirements for checking out of the hospital were completed, Baekhyun and you headed towards his sleek charcoal grey Citroen Metropolis. You situated yourself within the car while Baekhyun buckled himself in. You hadn't been inside this car for what seemed like ages, you thought, taking your time to survey the interior. Baekhyun pulled out of the parking lot after making sure you were buckled in, then continued on to your guys' apartment.

 

The whole drive home was filled with silence. 

 

Upon arriving at your guys' apartment, the realization of the situation you were in struck you hard. You were just about to be under the same roof as the man who had ripped you apart inside and out. You took a breath in, in an attempt to calm your nerves and pulse. Your heart was beating so hard you felt like you were going to pass out. Stepping besides you, Baekhyun unlocked the door. You both entered the apartment silently, except for your heartbeats which rung through your ears. You felt as if Baekhyun could hear your heart beating, especially since the silence between you two was so thick.

 

"Y/N", Baekhyun said softly, breaking the silence that had enshrouded you two.

"Mhmm", you mumbled in reply, keeping your eyes glued to the floor.

 

Before you knew what was happening, Baekhyun had his arms around you, enveloping you in a firm hug. You froze in surprise, not knowing what to do. In a moment, you heard muffled sobs and felt Baekhyun shake against you. He was crying.

 

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'm really sorry for what I did. It was stupid and it hurts me so much to know that I had caused you so much pain." he sobbed with his head rested on your shoulder. "I'm sorry that I had tried to find comfort in someone else when you were there for me all along. It just struck me today how much I need you in my life. If I had lost you, I wouldn't have known what to do. I have loved you for the longest time, and will continue loving you and no one will ever be able to change that. Not Seuli, not anyone. What I had with Seuli is nothing compared to what I have with you, Y/N. And I pray with all my heart, that I will still be able to see you by my side everyday of my life as my girl."

 

Your heart was struck with each and every one of his words. Could you really believe him?, you contemplated.

 

"Baekhyun, how can I know that you're not lying?" you questioned aloud. " My trust in you has pretty much diminished after all that you've done to me." you added quietly.

Baekhyun thought this over for a minute before announcing an idea that had popped into his head. "How about you and I go on a trip for a whole month?" he inquired with a smile.

"A whole month?" you exclaimed increduously.

"Yeah! Give me one whole month to earn back your trust and love", he answered hopingly. You turned his proposition over in your mind.

"Okay. But one month only", you replied. After all, you pondered. what have I got to lose? 

 

 

A/N: So as you may have noticed, I changed the title of the story. I decided to alter a few things in the plot, so the title had to be changed. Hope you guys will still continue on supporting me :D (btw, I also changed the description of the story)