D Day Part 2

One Month

You hurried out of the hotel, praying that nothing wrong would happen with your plan of meeting Kai. You took a few deep breaths as you walked down the sidewalk to the park, trying to replace the nervous rapid beating of your heart with a normal pace. 

 

With a few turns, you reached your destination. Taking in your surroundings, you found that Kai was not here yet. You sighed in relief, then decided to sit down under the shade of a tree and wait for him. 

 

"Y/N?" a voice sounded. "Kai?" you answered back while turning around to see where the voice had come from. You were greeted by a blinding smile, his eyes meeting yours. Like before, you couldn't help but smile back at him. 

 

"Wow, you're beautiful as always", he spoke after you both had exhanged proper hellos. You felt your cheeks heat up uncontrollaby. "So - How've you been?" you questioned after a brief moment of silence. "I've been good. But I could've been better with you by my side", he playfully responded. You could see a faint smirk on his face, causing you to feel a bubbly feeling that you couldn't explain. "You love Baekhyun", you thought firmly. 

 

Suddenly Kai grabbed you into a hug, causing your thoughts to evaporate and you to focus on what was currently happening. "You're being really quiet. Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly, his arms holding you firmly against his frame. "I've missed you", he breathed out soon after. 

 

You hugged him back, not wanting to leave him hanging. "I mean, I am going to reject him. Might as well return his hug." You both stayed in each other's embrace for a moment, then you pulled yourself away. "I actually need to tell you something", you declared. He nodded his head as a sign for you to continue. "I really like you Kai. But - but my heart belongs to Baekhyun." you let out. "You're a great person, don't get me wrong. And I really do like you, but like I said, my heart belongs to him." you quickly added. 

 

Kai's smile slightly faltered, but he was quick to keep it plastered on his face. "I understand", he said genuinely. "Like I said, we can always be friends right?" You smiled, "Of course". 

 

Now that Kai knew how you truly felt, and he had taken the news completely better than you had ever hoped, you decided there was no harm in telling him that you both stayed at the same hotel. You grabbed his arm and started pulling him in the direction of the hotel. "Yah! What're you doing?" he asked through his laughter, the sight of you pulling him with your petite frame amusing. "Ummm, well. We actually stay at the same hotel", you said with a guilty smile on your face. "What?! You should've told me so I could've walked with you here." he yelled dissapointedly. "I'm sorry", you mumbled out. "Aishhh, come on. Let's go". He placed his arm in yours and began walking towards the hotel like before. 

 

You both reached the hotel in a matter of minutes, the glass doors of the hotel awaiting you two. "Thanks for meeting me." you spoke happily. "It was my pleasure", Kai replied cheesily. You both gave each other a final hug before you guys would depart. "Hey, Y/N." he suddenly said. "Yeah", you answered. "You should come see my dance crew and I compete. Our first competition is next Wednesday" he informed you. "I'll try and make it. Just text me the details later!" you called out while heading for the elevators. 

 

Luckily you didn't have to go through the awkward scenerio of being placed in an elevator with Kai since he had to go to a dance practice. Before you could reach the elevators though, a hand grabbed onto yours. "Baekhyun?!" you yelled.